+ + + Authorization: Legion Astartes VII : Absolute + + +

+ + + Access Authorized: Terra - Invasion Day ID +023 + + +

+ + + Loading + + +

gallery_38135_11679_121238.jpg

gallery_38135_11679_229942.jpg

+ + + Thought for the Day: Death before dishonor. + + +

+ + + Access rescinded + + +

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So, I forgot that The Division would come out today. . .

I got distracted with my buddies.

I was able to do this though, so there's that.

This is the biggest cock tease ever..... (excuse my words) but proper Emperor's Children sir. I genuinely look forward to the creativity of your writing. Short but certainly sweet. Side note- love the apothecary with boarding shield and sword.

I saw the dreads and got excited! Looking forward to seeing more of those boys. I also see your reposed Obliterator in the background of your latest pic. I am still not the biggest fan of those sculpts but when you cut them to pieces and stand them upright they command a bit more respect.

Also, this latest tease. Very, very interested in seeing more!

• 1 month later...

+ + + Transmission Intercepted + + +

+ + + Access + + +
+ + + Restricted Access: Priority Alarm - Legion Astartes Eyes Only + + +
+ + + Input Authorization + + +
+ + + Access Authorized: Terra - Invasion Day ID +023 + + +

+ + + Loading + + +

+ + + High Priority Target + + +

gallery_38135_11679_108910.jpg

Praetor Cylas Croix - The World’s Equilibrium - The Key to Our Endurance - Apotheosis of the Vague - Emperor's Children 23rd Kakophoni Company ( Status Active )

+ + + Thought for the Day: A Moment of Laxity Spawns a Lifetime of Heresy. + + +

So, got some painting done in March, but with the lady in my life getting into a rather nasty car collision, my time thus far has been spent helping her get through the hard parts of physical and occupational therapy once she was released from the hospital. In that, hobby time or anything extracurricular has taken a backseat to this and generally trying to stay sane.

I've been working on my 23rd here and there, progress has been made and pieces have been purchased to further my goal of completing this project. I also have two other projects in the works, they've also been touched upon, but that's for another thread.

I'm fairly happy with how Praetor Croix came out, it took some time to track down the parts considering I had to trade for a few of them from a friend whose free time is even more restrictive than mine due to scheduling differences and travel shenanigans. I plan on using him as a Counts As Eidolon or as a Praetor with Archeotech Pistol and Thunderhammer.

There have been a few more attempts at drawing/making more Emperor's Children art, some of it comes out alright, we'll see where that particular endeavor goes as well.

So it looks like I'm back, hopefully I can do weekly updates and show more progress and background.

Yaassss! biggrin.png I was literally just about to ask you what had become of this thread. Mr Croix is one suave looking gentleman. Another excellent looking miniature Obscura.

Sorry to hear about your real life troubles, and wish you and your lady friend a swift and easy recovery. As an aside, are you aware that sanity is for the weak? tongue.png

Good to see you posting again.

Dallo

Thanks Dallo,

Praetor Croix has been a long time WIP, kept on throwing parts at the torso but none of them held that gravitas and air of "Meh" I was looking for.

Oh, it's going to be a long road to recovery, therapy is looking at eight to twelve months, so I'm balancing between wanting to smother her with a pillow or make her bacon pancakes. ( It's a joke, the bacon pancakes part. biggrin.png The things you do when you're in love. . . )

Sanity is indeed for the weak! Insanity provides a lot of inspiration.

Glad to be back posting nonsense about my plastic/resin dude mans.

Also excellent choice for a quote good sir.

Finally. I've been waiting for this update for a while, brother, and it definitely lives up to my expectations. Croix looks beautiful, the posing is completely on point. Can't wait to see paint, on anything, really.

My best wishes to your lady, with hopes for a speedy (well, comparatively speaking) and straightforward recovery.

Ouch. I'll be praying for a swift recovery. smile.png

So you finally noticed then? I quite like the quote. I think I'll keep it. tongue.png

On a more hobby related note, I'm interested to see what you've done with the base. Is that just a temporary base? i can't quite make out what it is.

Dallo

• 1 month later...

"I don't understand why we must do things on this planet, why must we have friends and aspirations, hopes and dreams while we ride like witless children through the aether. Wouldn't it be better to retreat to a faraway corner of the galaxy, where all its noise and complications would be heard no more? Then we could renounce culture and ambitions;we could lose everything and gain nothing; for what is there to be gained from this planet?"

Excerpt taken from Symphony of the Kakophoni, restricted text published in the years preceding the Siege.

Olivia Kampfa - Remembrancer

+ + + Accessing Symphony of the Kakophoni : Auto Quill documentation by Olivia Kampfa : Remembrancer ( Deceased ) + + +

+ + + Eyes Only + + +

In the years where legends became mythos the title "Thunder Warrior" was given only as an homage to those who fought with a savagery born from the very depths of human hatred, one of the few pure emotions respectfully given to the ascended biology of a standard Legion Astartes. Holographs, Picto-stills rife with image degradation depict grandiose warriors of stature reminiscent of Hive prisoners, their upper strength far exceeding the definitions of their lower extremities and yet the armor they wore into battle while unique to each individual contained the archeotech that would allow them to rend their enemies limb from limb. It is said that if they were to live in this age, one Thunder Warrior in his prime and properly armed would be the equal to ten Veteran Legion Astartes.

Though to contain such warriors upon Terra, a biological kill switch had been engineered into their being, debates have risen with the Chirurgeon Sects of the IIIrd Legion as to how such degradation was neutralized given the lack of additional proto implants in the years of the Unification Wars, was a serum administered to reset the biological clock or were they simply given a select number of years before they would fall to a handful of pathogens rather prevalent upon the Terra, statistically rendering them prone to cancerous tumors and eventual death given their near human life spans. There are other arguments that their minds would eventually break beneath the Post-Human Traumatic Stress associated with prolonged exposure to combat given over to the proclivities of all Thunder Warriors as psychological remapping was an almost unheard of procedure in the early years of Unification. Psychological remapping and hypnotherapy allows current Legion Astartes within the IIIrd Legion a near ninety eight percent combat effectiveness in those suffering from Post-Human Traumatic Stress. The last two percent are often seconded to Destroyer Squads where their suicidal tendencies are directed towards the enemy instead of themselves.

Given the nature of their degradation and the history of the IIIrd Legion with the Gene-Cults and "The Blight", one within the ranks and given the proper operational clearances can draw an easy correlation with their interests in perfecting a biological modified warrior built by the Emperor.

It is from my understanding and medical discourse with one of the Chirurgeons that Legion Astartes are truly negligible senescence given their near imperviousness to all known pathogens within humanities empire, they are for all intent and purpose immortal due to the Emperor's genetic therapy. Though a life dedicated to violence diminishes their chances of such.

In the histories, it is said that all Thunder Warriors perished, dying to the last to secure the future of mankind upon Terra. Their genetic creation cast aside within the sealed vaults of the Emperor, there are also rumors that a handful escaped with a means to bypass their genetics that would have seen them dead decades ago, as of now I believe that a few exist within the IIIrd Legion.

That knowledge alone will more than likely see me dead if I were to bring this knowledge through official channels.

There are warriors within the XXIIIrd Company that far exceed the size of their companions, an impossible number of keloid scars from multiple surgeries litter their body when they don and doff their armor for practice sessions, on one of more occasions I have witnessed recent surgeries where their stitching gives their pale flesh a red patina . A few have even embraced the Sonic Shriekers that are so prevalent amongst the XXIIIrd. I have on multiple occasions have tried to strike a conversation with those I suspect to be Thunder Warriors, though in the moments between their seclusion and practice bouts within the dueling rings between themselves, I have only been met with silence and stares, though one has spoken to me in passing.

"This We'll Defend."

gallery_38135_11679_640782.jpg

Unknown Chora of the Kakophoni. - Emperor's Children ( Status Unknown )

+ + + Thought for the Day: Even in Death, my Watch will never end. + + +

Oh man, life has been busy and pretty much laughed at my "update every day" game plan. Though as it's been said, "If you want to hear ( insert deity of your choice ), tell them your plans."

I really just wanted to make Thunder Warriors that trace their warrior tribe lineage back to the United States Army. They're still a work in progress, I clearly still have a ton of mold lines to remove and a few more nods to the Raptor Imperialis to sculpt along with a handful of other things to finish. I figured if they've gone this far, what would push them to become Kakophoni? If you figure something out, tell me, cause I just went with the rule of cool.

It's apparently the first day of Summer where I am, which means I can finally start painting ( AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ), though knowing my luck, once I actually get down to it, I'll get that new job I've applied for.

Also, I like the idea of Thunder Warriors skipping leg day. . . never skip leg day.

@Dallo, it's his main base. I have this huge stupid diorama planned for the leadership of the 23rd company.

@Psycho, Appreciate it. Gonna be a long march towards recovery.

• 4 months later...

+ + + Transmission Intercepted + + +

+ + + Access + + +
+ + + Restricted Access: Priority Alarm - Legion Astartes Eyes Only + + +
+ + + Access Authorized: Terra - Invasion Day ID +024 + + +

+ + + Loading + + +

+ + + High Priority Target + + +

gallery_38135_11679_132506.jpg

Praetor Cylas Croix - The World’s Equilibrium - The Key to Our Endurance - Apotheosis of the Vague - Emperor's Children 23rd Kakophoni Company ( Status Active )

+ + + Thought for the Day: The Only Mercy Is A Quick Death + + +

+ + + Accessing Symphony of the Kakophoni : Auto Quill documentation by Olivia Kampfa : Remembrancer ( Deceased ) + + +

+ + + Eyes Only + + +

Corbal Ryklander, dedicated driver of "Perditions Vanity", a centuries old Land Raider Spartan swears loudly to himself, later he would tell me that his retinal scanners barely picked up the telemetric magnetic plate signature of a high yield Limpet Mine scattered across the road. If he was incapacitated and the machine spirit unable to steer the Spartan to safety, the odds were good that everyone would be wiped out, not just the Legionaries taking refuge in the Spartan, but the ten other Deimos Pattern Rhinos following behind the Spartan, a total of one hundred and ten Legionaries would die if the lead vehicle were t. There were no Xiphon, Fire Raptor or even Storm Eagle air support due to the sandstorms that plague this area of Terra, the streets themselves are filled with rubble, the scent of burst organs and decaying flesh lingers alongside the burnt out carcasses of hab-blocks, much of this damage is due to loyalists heavy shelling and bombarding "Traitor" held territory, our lesser compatriots took the brunt of this, their carcasses crushed beneath rockcrete, "Damn it!"

We nearly slam into a blown-out Rhino and sundered garbage disposal vehicle partially blocking the street. The less than ideal environmental conditions are currently wrecking the machine spirits ability to display anything beyond the treads of the Spartan. Loyalist planetary defense force personal have a tendency to hang high tensile strength cables from poles and buildings to decapitate, tangle a gunner or ruin aerial comms. Ryklander aims to avoid these traps, though he quick brakes as cables scrape and drag across the Spartan. Sicario Faul pounds his fist against the roof, laughing out, "Still here!"

Everyone within the Spartan seems to be enjoying this life-or-death situation. Jovial antics escaping them as they mock one another and display acts of machismo. From above Faul yells down, "I got one!" The legionaries beneath him yell and cheer, "Fist in the alley, clipped him low, watched his ass explode!"

"Make sure you get this part." Faul, one of the IIIrd is propping the corpse of a VII Legionary against a nearby pillar, the servo skull near me softly chimes as it begins to record my thoughts through a syn'cyber-pathic link while recording our surroundings in three second bursts. "I've learned two things in all my years as a Legionary, when it boils down to it, there are two different warfighters. Those who are very good and those who are dead." He knocks his knuckle against the red ruin remnants of the VII legionaries head, "He's not that good."

Excerpt taken from Symphony of the Kakophoni, restricted text published in the years preceding the Siege.

LOOK, I PAINTED A THING

gallery_38135_11679_280984.jpg

"The histories of who we were will be written by the victors and as we stand upon the precipice of our destiny, I wonder how we will be remembered."

+ + + Authorized Transmission + + +

+ + + Operation : Siren + + +
+ + + Restricted Access: Priority Alert : Legion Astartes XVI Command - Eyes Only + + +
+ + + Authorization: Legion Astartes III : XXIII Company + + +
+ + + Access Authorized: Strategic Command + + +

+ + + Loading + + +

+ + + High Value Target + + +

- Neutralize Strategic Satellite to Satellite Command Targeting System : Northern Hemisphere : Primary

- Secure On-Site War Material for Inter-Legion Dissemination ( IV Legion - Intelligence Assessment : Siege ) : Secondary

- Procure and Retrieve Genetic Astartes / Mortal Stock ( III Legion Agreement ) : Tertiary

+ + + Attack Parameters Received + + +

+ + + House Zerafina Reinforcement - Approved + + +

gallery_38135_11679_59560.jpg

+ + + Access Rescinded + + +

I was lucky enough to snag a box of Imperial Knight: Renegade awhile ago. Given my current build proclivities coupled with the Tale of 20 that I'm participating in, I figured I should make my hobby life more difficult by adding more to my plate. The Knight build so far is proving to be far more easier than what I initially entailed as I tend to start my builds around 0300 after getting home from work. I'm going to do my best to keep House Zerafina aesthetically neutral so that I can use it with my other Legion that I've yet to really build.

Currently Own:

HQ

Legion Praetor ( built )

Delegates Consul ( purchased )

Legion Champion ( built )

Primus Medicae ( built )

Elites

3x Contemptors

- 2x DCW + 20 2x Heavy Flamers ( built )

- Multi-Melta / 15 TL Volkite Culverin ( built )

- Multi-Melta / 15 TL Volkite Culverin ( built )

3x Legion Apothecaries + 3x Augury Scanner ( built )

1x Contemptor-Mortis

- 2x TL Autocannons + Havoc Launcher ( built )

1x Contemptor-Mortis

- 2x Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon + Havoc Launcher

Troops

1x Sergeant + 19 Tactical Marines ( built )

1x Sergeant + 19 Tactical Marines ( purchased )

19x Assault Marines + 1x Assault Sergeant ( built )

19x Assault Marines + 1x Assault Sergeant ( partially built )

10x Kakophoni ( built )

10x Kakophoni ( built )

10x Kakophoni ( partially built )

Heavy Support

10x Heavy Support Squad + 10x Missile Launchers ( partially built )

1x Leviathan Siege Dreadnought + Siege Drill + Phosphex Discharger ( purchased )

+ Dreadnought Drop Pod ( purchased )

1x Leviathan Siege Dreadnought + Siege Drill + Phosphex Discharger ( purchased )

+ Dreadnought Drop Pod ( purchased )

- - - -

I will probably built four Rhinos so I can give my two Tactical Marine squad Transports when I use them as Veteran Squads. I have contemplated picking up another full ten man squad of Kakophoni ( I love converting them ), but outside of that, unless something drastic happens like a new RoW for the Emperor's Children ( I can already do Maru Skara and IIIrd Company Elite ) that I like, I don't think I'll be spending any more money.

• 3 weeks later...

Dude. Dude... I just found this thread in relation to a post a just made asking about apothecaries as icons of excess. The way you've built your army is along the lines of what I've been planning for ages. Needless to say, I'm freakin' inspired. Simply amazing.

@Mister Feral - I may make another ten, a friend is waving left over bits in front of my face, because he's an enabler. . .

@The Nephilim - Glad that this thread is inspirational. I tend to do a lot of my stuff late at night/early morning due to work obligations, I can get incredibly creative after a ten plus hour shift of herding people on five hours of sleep.

@LordVelype - I've grown to call him, Mr. "I wish an Astartes would." or Mr. "Come get some, bro."

Archived