Great Obliterators

Doctor Perils

Hi there, I was over on the GW site and I saw these great Obliterators :

http://www.games-workshop.com/resources//blogs/2016/01/29/AMFC4YRQUMFSDTR213LM9MU2GH/4xl.jpg

Artist: David De Abreu ("Daouide")

Yeah, he has a really sweet landraider conversion, as well as some terminators as a lord. Here, here, here, here, and the conversion process is here.

The Obliterators are really cool conversion using Centurion as the base of the model.  Then parts from the Chaos Hellbrute model, head, top part on the model & weapons.  It also look like green stuff been use for all the icon & mark on the armour.

I also think it the finecast Noise Marine upgrade for the sonic part where the centurion bolter/launcher would go.

The Obliterators are really cool conversion using Centurion as the base of the model.  Then parts from the Chaos Hellbrute model, head, top part on the model & weapons.  It also look like green stuff been use for all the icon & mark on the armour.

I also think it the finecast Noise Marine upgrade for the sonic part where the centurion bolter/launcher would go.

Shame... Hopefully Games Workshop uses them as inspiration for the new version of obliterators if/when they come out.

Gees that's something.... I mean look at how badly people want to see something like this come to reality. Great work on this unit. I'd love painting something up something like that. The conversion work is super slick.

+EDIT+ at the very least those are Centurion leggings. (I have put enough together to know that slightly stiff pose anywhere.)

I'd love to see WiPs for these and the rest of their army. Imagine what they've done for noise marines!?

Or even a tutorial: Chaos players all over the world would thank someone who could provide a cool way of using centurions for cool looking obliterators :)

Ah well that explains it: I've got several white dwarfs where his models feature prominently, and I think he's won the slayer sword a couple of times

Edit: thanks for the info Sersi, i've credited him in the top post and quoted your answer there for the links

Cool Oblits indeed!

Gosh I wish I could do sculpting like that.

Or even a tutorial: Chaos players all over the world would thank someone who could provide a cool way of using centurions for cool looking obliterators smile.png

I did some a couple years back. Here's the wip pics, and here are pics of the finished result. Nowhere near as cool as those in the OP, but at least there's usable wip pics in there. Hope this helps?

Cool Oblits indeed!

Gosh I wish I could do sculpting like that.

Or even a tutorial: Chaos players all over the world would thank someone who could provide a cool way of using centurions for cool looking obliterators smile.png

I did some a couple years back. Here's the wip pics, and here are pics of the finished result. Nowhere near as cool as those in the OP, but at least there's usable wip pics in there. Hope this helps?

Kewl ! very nice obliterators !

Have to say, one of my first thoughts about the Centurion kit when it came out was that it seemed like they were designed as pre-Chaos Obliterators. I sincerely hope that GW use these as an inspiration when the inevitable plastic Obliterator/Mutilator kit comes.

Edit: Grammar

Archived