rumor control: dark angels in the wolf book, update

aura_enchanted

...Wat? Is this confirmed? Because if it is, I do not see this ending very well.. for anyone Oo

For the wolves not. The Rock was there! But it was confirmed it was only a mistake.. they thought wulfen were demons...

So how did it 

fenris was attacked by the astartes and the rock via orbital bombard the book ends about there

I see. Thanks very much for the info. But personally, I really hate cliff hangers like that :D

On a side note, Cruddace mentioned that

one of the three inhabited planets in the Fenris System will not survive

. That does not fill me with a lot of confidence...

Any new content for either DA or GK and I'd be a fat happy kid since those are the two armies I play (Don't worry, I keep them both locked in separate rooms so the GK don't mingle and find out about our secret, but I can't promise I don't ally them together sometimes lol)

I'ma a SW player

It looks as though, the Changeling, a shapeshifting servant of Tzeentch made its self appear to be a wulfen and slaughtered a Dark angels Scout team infront of a vidcom. And that vidcom reached the rock shortly thereafter.

What I don't know is if there was any more suggestion to the dark angels to make them beleive that the SW had turned traitorous and were transforming into the wulfen as a result. 

-------------------------------------------------------------

It sounds like in Warzone Fenris II that Grey knights, thousand sons, Alpha legion, and Darkangels will get stuff. I'm just hoping we, space wolves, get the Alpha Wulfen as a model and rules. (Alpha wulfen is the one reported leading the 13th co. )

I'm interested to see if GW will write in a few more Dark Angel Formations, with the Wolves  sneak peak out the DA Codex is looking a bit lacking. Now I think what little we do have is high Quality, but I would like to field my Deathwing Army with a few Dedicated Transports and not have to play unbound. The possibilities are endless, we'll have to wait and see.  

Funny, I imagined the Rock more like a planetoid, more akin to those ork things. A large asteroid with warp engines.

Pretty cool though.

You mean a space hulk?

It was always said to be a massive chunk of the planet, including the bedrock. Why did they make it look like a craftworld?

EDIT

I showed my friend the picture and he did some math.

Based on the known dimension of imperial cruisers, battleships, and battlebarges, and the relative size of the rock...

Caliban was the size of Jupiter.

Here is his exact quote:

I don't see how any of the legion was sucked into the warp. I don't know where the conveniently superstructure/bridge/prow style rock comes from either. But lets assume that some of those closer specks of ships are at least battlebarge or battleship sized. Those are at least 8km-12km in length. The diameter of the moon is 3475km. It would take 289 12km ships to equal the moon's diameter. Needless to say, if you zoom in to some of those tiny specks that you would reckon to be a good distance from the ship so they wouldn't get fried by all of that warp lightning, the thing is bigger then the moon by far. In fact, the earth's diameter is 12,756km in diameter, I would say you could almost put one of those specks end to end and it would be closer to Earth size.

More fun math:

If they are, they are friggin huge. The closest ships are about as big as the diameter of a small sewing needle when zoomed in. That is around .35mm. So, lets give them the benefit of the doubts and say they are just smaller battleship sized(8km) at .35mm. The whole Rock is around 10.5 inches or 26.67cm long, which is 267.7mm long. Divide by .35=762x8=6096Km long. And that's at the safe distance they are from the rock. I would go so far to say its at least 1/3 bigger then that.

It would be smaller then the earth, but, even at 6096km, its almost twice as big as the moon.

Cool picture, thanks !  As for the Rock, I suppose that it's possible that we're not seeing it all; it's just coming out of the Warp in that photo.  For all we know, the Tower of Angels could be in the centre of the asteroid, with the rest of the vessel still to emerge from the other side.  I have to say though, I also always thought it would be like a gigantic, round moon with thrust engines as well.  Oh well, I suppose the important thing is it's massive and scary ; ) 

Seeing that list of those characters in action doesn't fill me with hope.

Basically ravenwing units and azzy riding around with the 6th company? If this represents what we're likely to get formations/buffs for then i'm not that excited. I already rate the ravenwing as a great army/formation and don't see the need to add more to them. I'd rather see some more options for getting the deathwing to be useful as a CAD in their own right. also some way of coming in before turn 2 would be nice if playing pure deathwing.

I'd also like to see the rest of the dark angels working in syngery better. for example our scouts should have access to teleport homers for bringing in deathwing (why do they have to relay soley on bikes). How good would some kind of fast transport for tacticals be? Allowing them to to keep up with the bikes or support the deathwing (so I'm not channeled into taking ravenwing almost everytime).  the new wolves have access to a formation allowing fast vehicles.

Also I feel we need to give azzy the ability to teleport only cause i find it sad that he always has to arrive to the battle in a rhino with some lowly 3rd, 4th or 5th company companions when he should be in the thick of it with his veteran deep striking (inner circle buddies).  Dare I say lets give him a bike option!?!

I'd also love to see some way of getting better deardnought support for deathing armies.  Deadnought squadrons that can drop pod (even with the drop pod assault rules) anyone?

it will be interesting (and painful) to see what combinations the new wolves supplement allows I'm alread yseeing TWC that can get S 11! Ulric still giving preffered enemy to ALL UNITS within 6" always nice when in the middle of a force or even in a squad of grey hunters that have two plasmaguns, he now also gets stubborn (i though that was out thing?). Fast rhinos that can move 12" and still deploy troops that have counter attack (happy days). and then theres the wolfen which in the double company list have the potential (i know it's unlikley) to be really crazy whilst buffing surrounding units nicley.

Counter charge rule is nice allowing you to support units who will struggle in a combat and it's doesnt have any negative impact on the SW player. 

All in all im very impressed with the diversity of options and jelouse of many of the cool ways in which these units synergise.  With my main opponent being a SW player i forsee a lot of painful learning ahead

Basically ravenwing units and azzy riding around with the 6th company? If this represents what we're likely to get formations/buffs for then i'm not that excited. I already rate the ravenwing as a great army/formation and don't see the need to add more to them. I'd rather see some more options for getting the deathwing to be useful as a CAD in their own right. also some way of coming in before turn 2 would be nice if playing pure deathwing.

I'd also like to see the rest of the dark angels working in syngery better. for example our scouts should have access to teleport homers for bringing in deathwing (why do they have to relay soley on bikes). How good would some kind of fast transport for tacticals be? Allowing them to to keep up with the bikes or support the deathwing (so I'm not channeled into taking ravenwing almost everytime).  the new wolves have access to a formation allowing fast vehicles.

Also I feel we need to give azzy the ability to teleport only cause i find it sad that he always has to arrive to the battle in a rhino with some lowly 3rd, 4th or 5th company companions when he should be in the thick of it with his veteran deep striking (inner circle buddies).  Dare I say lets give him a bike option!?!

I'd also love to see some way of getting better deardnought support for deathing armies.  Deadnought squadrons that can drop pod (even with the drop pod assault rules) anyone?

it will be interesting (and painful) to see what combinations the new wolves supplement allows I'm alread yseeing TWC that can get S 11! Ulric still giving preffered enemy to ALL UNITS within 6" always nice when in the middle of a force or even in a squad of grey hunters that have two plasmaguns, he now also gets stubborn (i though that was out thing?). Fast rhinos that can move 12" and still deploy troops that have counter attack (happy days). and then theres the wolfen which in the double company list have the potential (i know it's unlikley) to be really crazy whilst buffing surrounding units nicley.

Counter charge rule is nice allowing you to support units who will struggle in a combat and it's doesnt have any negative impact on the SW player. 

All in all im very impressed with the diversity of options and jelouse of many of the cool ways in which these units synergise.  With my main opponent being a SW player i forsee a lot of painful learning ahead

yea it just feels like games workshop doesnt want people using terminators because they cant balance them or make them work without making xenos players flip their tables in outrage. even when the xenos have some of the most ridiculous TEQ's like crisis suits and wraiths and lynchguard

yea it just feels like games workshop doesnt want people using terminators because they cant balance them or make them work without making xenos players flip their tables in outrage. even when the xenos have some of the most ridiculous TEQ's like crisis suits and wraiths and lynchguard

Glad to know I am not the only one finding our new Dex a Bit wanting. As I said before, I feel like what we do have is quality, it's frustrating to see that quality improved upon and given to someone else. Example Dark Angels: Librarius Conclave Formation and The Hammer of Caliban.

What we need is a serious boost to deathwing and I want to see company veterans more viable beyond just a mule for another free transport in a lions blade. Such as maybe some kind of formation with azreal or Ezekiel or asmodai. I'd pay good money for an assault from drop pod formation of veterans, even if it meant taking asmodai as a tax. That would be a fair trade to me in all honesty.

Also the chaos marines on display in the battle shots are all from the dark vengeance kits + a helturkey. It seems like games workshop only wants us to play dark vengeance and stay out of their game :P

So, from what I can gather, this campaign has the following details:

• Grey Knights and Dark Angels are summoned to Fenris space.
  • The Dark Angels were tricked by a demon who put on an ACME robe
  • The Rock is about twice the size of the moon
  • The Dark Angel fleet could take on a substantial chunk of the Imperial Navy if it wanted to
  • The Dark Angels have opened fire on Fenris and/or Space Wolf assets
  • The 13th Company is now just The Wulfen
  • Throngs of demons are following the Wulfen from the warp
  • For some reason, chaos wants the two space marine chapters most capable of combating chaos forces present for the demonic incursion
  • Fenris is being ripped apart, likely under bombardment by the Dark Angels and/or Grey Knights

I haven't done a lot of really deep reading into the replies in the main rumor thread, but I haven't seen a lot of outrage from Space Wolf players. Naturally they're just rumors, but the campaign is not looking overly good for them. Or for the future of the Imperium in general.

I expected a bit more of a reaction.

Of course, could turn out they are fracking a demon world in that picture and it's the "end result of the campaign to drive the demons back into the eye of terror". Still, I figured there would be more unhappy pups.

Archived