New Marine Army for 2016

Bryn NZ

Ah the elusive perfect name, I'm really enjoying hearing all the ideas.

Blazing Skulls feels like they shovel be more Legion of the Damned like. 

Celestial Wardens also works though. Hmmm. 

Back to painting a squad of 3 Heavy Bolter Attack Bikes and trying hard to find a replacement plastic mudguard like the one in the picture below...

Bike part

I'm a fan of Solar Wardens personally happy.png

Your project is looking good!.

As an IA Chapter, why not use whatever Tactics you want per game (if your group is cool with that)?

Thanks Race,

I think I'll try a few different Chapter Tactics, I'm liking White Scars especially if I keep adding in more bikes. Ultramarines is looking promising too.

I've just finished off a squad of three Heavy Bolter Attack Bikes.

I picked up three second hand models and stripped and painted them as part of an Army Building Challenge.

3 Heavy Bolter Attack Bikes

Attack Bikes

Single Attack Bike

Cheers for looking :-)

• 1 month later...

Just finished painting a Grav Bike squad with a Multi Melta Attack Bike, this will end up being one of my troop choices in my CAD army so now I need to paint up a character on a bike!

Bike Squad

Biker Sgt

I also changed the head on my Devastator Sgt for one of the new slightly smaller ones, I really like them and feel with the bigger bases (that give them a but more heft) it adds to a more true to scale model.

Devastator Sgt

This is a great looking army smile.png

And the Scout heads idea was just ripped off. You, sir, deserve a Coke.

happy.png

It wasn't exactly my idea in the first place, but I forget who put me on to it.

• 4 weeks later...

With the HB attack bikes Imperial Fists Chapter Tactics might not be bad, especially in the new Sternhammer Strike Force. Plus your las cannon devastators get Tank Hunters and the Imperial Fists are the defenders of Terra so name that includes Solar might "feel" better for a Fists successor.

Knights Solar or Knights Ascendant would be my name suggestions. The Knights ties into their golden scheme (maybe that's why Scouts don't have any? They're only squires?) and it can be a little word play on the sun theme. Solar works well for a Chapter based in Segmentum Solar or an Imperial Fists successor.

Knights Ascendant keeps the golden kingly/knightly theme and the little word play. Ascendant can refer to the full sun motif of their chapter, goes well with the glorious red/gold scheme and doesn't verbally tie you to Segmentum Solar or Terra.

My $.02

Models look good too!

• 2 weeks later...

With the HB attack bikes Imperial Fists Chapter Tactics might not be bad, especially in the new Sternhammer Strike Force. Plus your las cannon devastators get Tank Hunters and the Imperial Fists are the defenders of Terra so name that includes Solar might "feel" better for a Fists successor.

Knights Solar or Knights Ascendant would be my name suggestions. The Knights ties into their golden scheme (maybe that's why Scouts don't have any? They're only squires?) and it can be a little word play on the sun theme. Solar works well for a Chapter based in Segmentum Solar or an Imperial Fists successor.

Knights Ascendant keeps the golden kingly/knightly theme and the little word play. Ascendant can refer to the full sun motif of their chapter, goes well with the glorious red/gold scheme and doesn't verbally tie you to Segmentum Solar or Terra.

My $.02

Models look good too!

Thanks you have some great ideas there!

• 4 weeks later...

I've ended up being a bit distracted by having to paint some stuff for my old army to play in the season of upcoming tournaments. I'm no where near 1500 points so needed to go back to my Crimson Fists.

I have a few more of those to paint then I can get back to team red.

Bryn, just wanted to say I really like the look of these guys.

If you still haven't chosen a name, I have a few thoughts to toss on the pile:

"Stellar" as an adjective rather than "Solar" avoids the association with Segmentum Solar. For bonus points, Lexicanum doesn't list any Chapter, loyal or otherwise, using "Stellar", whereas there's at least one for each alternative: Solar Hawks, Star Dragons/Leopards/Phantoms/Scorpions, Astral Fists/Hawks/Knights.

Alternatively, "Coronal" has the double meaning of "crown" and a star's corona.

Archived