Campaign: Assault on Lutum - Phase 2
Pitched Battles and Commando Raids

The second part of the Crusade to reclaim Lutum for the Emperor has begun! Regiments participating in this phase are to proclaim their attendance by providing the Administratum the required details on their regiment and its representative officer as well as listing the unit and associated value. Vows may be performed in the tradition of your regiment or follow the registered standard:

I, , hereby pledge the forces of [REGIMENT] under [COMMANDER] to the reclamation of Lutum in the name of the Emperor. The contribution of [uNIT] at [POINTS] will do their duty no matter the cost.

The phase begins immediately, and vows may be made at any time during the phase's run. Phase 2 will end at 2200 GMT/B&C time on Monday the 29th of February, make sure your vow is done by then!

Participating regiments that have already given their regimental and/or commander background don't need to do so again as this will have been recorded from phase 1. As a reminder the bonus FOC choices for phase 2 are: Troop and Elite. As before a single FOC unit is eligible even down to the components, whether that is an entire Scion Platoon, a single Taurox, a Platoon Command Squad or an Infantry Squad and their dedicated transport Chimera for example.

Signal your participation in this grand endeavour with this sig image:

gallery_30308_9518_10060.jpg

http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_9518/gallery_30308_9518_10060.jpg

Campaign: Assault on Lutum Phase 2
ID Recruit Regiment Commander WIP Points Completion
1 elmo* 711th Cadian Combined Arms Brigade Lt Colonel Gett WIP 160* Completion
2 nismogrendel* Foxhound Scratch Company LtCol Volontir rear echelonry WIP 130* Completion
3 snazzyninja The Ancarthian 1st Colonel Tiberius Macharius WIP 180* Completion
4 Ulrik_Ironfist* 8th Jotunheim Panzergrenadiers Marshal Lars Hammet WIP 230* Completion
5 our_baz* E Company of the the 7th Levallosian Life Guards Colonel Lukas Prins WIP 84* Completion
6 Nicodemus Doloroso Ordo Hereticus Strikeforce Demeda, Inquisitorial Storm Trooper Cohort V Centurion Marcus Torquatus WIP 206* Completion
7 Dosjetka Panzerjäger Company Gamma (2nd Recon Battallion) Captain Philip Jyghon WIP 55 Completion
8 Brazentooth* Catachan CXLIX Colonel Geoffrey Graves WIP 260* Completion
9 Kurama 87th Vostroyan Imperial Malitia Commander Drazyk Vanalia WIP TBD* Completion
10 Tallarn Commander Tallarn 23rd Infantry Regiment Colonel Nemo WIP 90* Completion
11 Urzu4 TBD TBD WIP 90* Completion
12 Marshal Argos 7th Scansin Regiment of Foot Brevet Colonel Sunderland WIP 50* Completion
13 morroccomole* TBD TBD WIP 90* Completion
14 WarriorFish* 144th Arukan Lord Commander Firionel WIP 25 Completion
15 Guardsman* 49th Cadian Lieutenant Chip Kelly WIP 120* Completion
16 P3AKHOUR* The 189th Tebessan Expeditionary Force Colonel Faizal Danek WIP 145* Completion
17 HLVW 121st Darkstar Regiment Captain Atticus West WIP 190* Completion
18 Uneven Frostgun 1st House Guard Brigade Brigadier Marcus Junius Flaminius WIP 340* Completion
19 RADU LYKAN* 121st Alcari Lieutenant Colonel Franklyn Donner WIP 91* Completion
20 Brother SP* 1st Paradise Rifles Colonel Katrin Pendt WIP 25 Completion

* denotes a vow from the appropriate bonus FOCs, or a returning regiment

I, elmo, hereby pledge the forces of The 711th Cadian Combined Arms Brigade under Lt Colonel Gett to the reclamation of Lutum in the name of the Emperor. The contribution of 1 Kasrkin Squad (counts as Scions) from the 2051st Kasrkin at 160pts will do their duty no matter the cost.

10 man Scion Squad

Tempestor with powersword

Vox

Grenade launcher

Flamer

Photo to follow after a 2 week break... I am not making this easy for myself msn-wink.gif

I, Nismogrendel, hereby pledge the support of the forces of the Foxhound Scratch Company under the command of LtCol Volontir rear echelonry, to the reclamation of Lutum in the name of the Emperor.  The contribution of one unit of Ogryns at 130 points will do their duty no matter the cost.

Pictures incomming, need to drill these barrels and glue them together.

Great stuff, a couple of vows already - the entrants list has been added :) Note that February is a shorter month, even on a leap year so that's a couple of days less for your vow... but the deadline has been pushed back to 2200 :P I'm still mulling over my vow, I had an idea but I find myself being pulled elsewhere so I'll need to decide.

I, snazzyninja, hereby pledge the forces of The Ancarthian 1st under the command of Colonel Tiberius Macharius to the reclamation of Lutum in the name of the Emperor. The contribution of [uNIT Tbc] at [POINTS tbc] will do their duty no matter the cost.

Unit and points cost to follow shortly as I am awaiting a delivery from gw :)

Hmm... should I?

If you did you had better finish or I swear to the Emperor I will hunt you down...

Moving along, I'm mulling over my options for my vow, and it struck me to ask (though the answer is most likely no)... Can we vow formations? tongue.png

They'd be valid on a technicality I suppose though as they're aside from the FOC so you wouldn't get any bonus points. Presumably one of the smaller formations..? tongue.png

Guns separate nismo I'd say, would be a lot easier thumbsup.gif Good to see vows stacking up already, keep them coming :D

I Ulrik Ironfist, commit more of the 8th Panzergrenadiers, under Marshal Lars Hammet, to the fight. I vow one squad of militarum tempestus scions (2GL, Vox, and Powersword on the sgt) and their chimera transport (Recovery gear, and Extra armor) for a total of 230 points. They shall do their duty no matter the sacrifice!

WP 20160119 001

WP 20160117 004

May the men of the 8th serve well in the conquest of Lutum. For the Allfather!

Oh boy perfect timing ... I'll pledge one or two squads of Inquisitorial Storm Troopers. Need to think about how confident I am in getting stuff done by month's end. I'm on my phone right now so will post a proper pledge later today once I've decided if it will be one or two squads.

My order turned up from gw today :)  worked out the points value of my pledge, tempted to make it a platoon instead but I'd rather not have to rush it if I end up short on time :)

9x scions

tempestor

power fist

2x melta's

should come in at 180 if I've added it up correctly?

To defeat an enemy militarily you just require more guns. But to truly defeat an enemy you must break his spirit and strip his soul....only the psyker can achieve this. (Attributed to Colonel Lukas Prins)

I our_baz, hereby pledge the forces of E Company of the the 7th Levallosian Life Guards under Colonel Lukas Prins to the reclaimation of Lutum in the name of the Emperor. The contribution of 7 wyrdvane psykers (84pts). Who will do their duty.

gallery_72518_9307_90202.jpg

I, Nicodemus Doloros, hereby pledge the forces of Ordo Hereticus Strikeforce Demeda, Inquisitorial Storm Trooper Cohort V under Centurion Marcus Torquatus to the reclamation of Lutum in the name of the Emperor. The contribution of one Militarum Tempestus Scion Squad (8) with 2x flamers and mounted in a Taurox Prime with Twin Linked Taurox Gatling Cannon at 206 Points will do their duty no matter the cost.

EDIT: Got more specific with the force from which my pledged Scions will be detached from ... rather than citing the entire Strikeforce Demeda under Lord INquisitor Soulis, I've specified the Storm Trooper Cohort that is attached to that strike force. I'll do a little write-up for Centurion Marcus Torquatus a bit later, along with WIP pictures of the Scions who I will start assembling in a few minutes. In the mean time, WIP shot of their Taurox Prime:

med_gallery_66537_9465_189427.jpg

med_gallery_66537_9465_557040.jpg

EDIT 04/02/16: Finished assembly of the Scions for this vow last night and will be undercoating them today, so here's another WIP picture so that I now have WIP images of everything vowed.

med_gallery_66537_9465_263590.jpg

med_gallery_66537_9465_200846.jpg

I, Dosjetka, hereby pledge the forces of Panzerjäger Company Gamma (2nd Recon Battallion) under Captain Philip Jyghon to the reclamation of Lutum in the name of the Emperor. The contribution of one Scout Sentinel with missile launcher and camo netting at 55 points will do its duty no matter the cost.

We're getting a great selection of vows already, good stuff! I'll be updating the entrants list this evening or perhaps tomorrow smile.png

The important thing is to get models done, and not failing in vows. The commissariat takes a very dim view of failure but even more so for a vow that aimed for the stars and fell short... that is assume your comrades don't get to you first for causing the defeat of the Campaign laugh.pngmsn-wink.gif

Ah, I almost forgot:

Unit Name

Panzerjäger Company Gamma (2nd Recon Battalion, 57th Illenian Briagde) - Jäger Gamma, the "Vipers"

Unit Commander's Name

Captain Philip Jyghon

Unit Commander Description

The Assault on Lutum marks Captain Jyghon's 10th year at the head of Company Gamma. Notorious for being a sloppy planner, he shores up this weakness with lightning-quick thinking and buckets of charisma. Coupling these traits with an extremely effective chain of command within the company, Captain Jyghon has earned himself and his unit a mission success rate of just over 70%. While this record is somewhat tainted by a noticable amount of missions going disastrously wrong, many Imperial Commanders accept that all units come with their flaws and are oft inclined to turn a blind eye to the list of casualties, instead choosing to concentrate on the Vipers' excellent results on successful operations.

Unit Type/Method of War

Panzerjäger Company Gamma is an armoured tank hunting unit and part of the 2nd Reconnaissance Battalion, 57th Illenian Brigade. Equipped with Stygies VIII-pattern Vanquishers, modified Mars-pattern Sentinel Walkers and Vanaheim-pattern Salamander Recon Tanks, the Vipers boast a rare amount of powerful anti-tank weaponry and have a reputation to justify such valuable war gear.

The women, men and vehicles of the company are organised into sub-units known as "sections" which are further organised into "groups" of at least two vehicles. Utilising their high-powered communication arrays mounted directly onto their vehicles, the company usually spreads out to cover as much terrain as possible and to minimise the risk of the enemy discovering the whole unit due to the mistake of one component. As such, each group is equipped to be 100% self-sufficient in battle for at least three Terran days and tank commanders must carefully plan their movements to minimise the waste of fuel. This has also led to the rise of a "one shot, one kill" mentality among the gunners of Jäger Gamma who will on occasion go so far as to argue with their vehicle commander if they believe that the vehicle placement is incorrect. Insubordination is a capital offense within the ranks of the Imperial Guard and perpetrators are immediately shot by any nearby Commissar. However, due to the nature of recon units and the spread of units on the field, Commissar presence is sparse and the company's officers will usually respond to any complaints with a verbal reprimand and a reduction of the gunner's field rations on the next mission.

I have a Progress update:

WP 20160130 009

WP 20160130 005

The infantry need a wash and some detail, and the chimera needs the searchlight done, but most of the work is finished. Airbrushing really adds depth to the paint that was missing in my hand painted vehicles. Not going to go back and redo anything though.

I, Kurama, hereby pledge the forces of The 87th Vostroyan Imperial Malitia under lord Commander Drazyk Vanalia to the reclamation of Lutum in the name of the Emperor. The contribution of 1 grenadier squad at 17 men strong and 3 Ogryns (Loadout tp be formalised) in accordance with Imperial militia list at TBA points will do their duty no matter the cost.

Archived