I, Morrocco Mole, hereby pledge the forces of [my yet-unnamed] regiment to the reclamation of Lutum in the name of the Emperor. The contribution of 2 veteran squads, with mortar, 2 voxcasters, 2 flamers, 1 grenade launcher, and 1 meltagun, at 160 points will do their duty no matter the cost.

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah197/Aaron_Joseph_Solley/20160203_220712_zps9cbeeygj.jpg

I really with I had the time to keep up with the entrants list, now I've a lot to do... :lol: Great stuff, I'm hoping to see all these vows painted up nicely soon ;) Well done Brazen on your completion and the addition of your commander. He looks cool and the camo paint is a nice touch.

I will look to sorting the OP out today and hopefully my own vow! :P

Happy Chinese New Year to my fellow captains, priests, commissars and generals ! This month, no model for me, so I'll posting some fluff about the campaign. Carry on, comrades, victory awaits.

Hidden Content
“So, you’re the leader of that militia.” Torhteim looked at the skinny girl standing in front of him. She couldn’t be more than twenty. An Aquila had been quickly painted on her yellow jacket. Recon patrols had been reporting fighting going on between routed PDF columns and unknown belligerents. In the barracks, some talked about Inquisition, others about Chaos breakthrough. But the Lieutenant knew the truth... Imperial loyalists. The XIVth intel agents had been secretly infiltrating Lutum cities, establishing contacts with the ones who remain faithful in the Emperor.

“Nora Lavyers, 1st Batalion, Tore Ekya’s Irregulars” she proudly replied.

“First ? Is there any other ?”

The girl seemed discontent. She frowned and touched her insignia.

“We only... The others are bandits, criminals and renegades, m’lord...”

“Sir...” Torhteim corrected. “Soldier, I won’t hide the fact that we are at the edge of a civil war here. The Lord Commander ordered us to maintain order in the streets of Tore Ekya's. Thus we’re not on the frontline while my men got not much renegades to slaughter. They eager to a real fight and spill some blood. This situation might explode any time.”

Now her face expressed nothing but concerns. Here was the stick, now the bait , thought Torhteim. An offer they cannot refuse said the Marshall... Truly, he is a strategist ! Right now, the loyalists had no choice : obey or be slaughtered. The officer caressed his chin, knowing he already won the game.

“However...” he began “those who serve the Emperor are not our enemies. If the Tore Ekya’s Irregulars fight with us and follow my orders, all your men shall be saved when the Inquisitors come.”

“Sir, my troops are ready to serve.”Nora said. “We be marching on the capital as soon as we got the weapons you promise”.

Defiant tone in her voice, noticed Torhteim.

“Those are being loaded in the next wave of transports. But you won’t be marching on the capital”.

Now the girl was stunned. Shock and awe...

“We first need to hum... pacify this area. Criminals, you said, are another plague we need to get rid of. And, frankly, I do not think we’ll take the hive that easily. We may even head into a trap.”

“What do you mean, m’lo... sir !” Nora was clearly afraid. She tried to hide it but her worried face betrayed her. “Victory is near, only a few foes remains on your path !”

“They’re too few according to my own instinct. And I’m pretty sure the Lord Commander thinks as I do. Luars main plan haven't been revealed now and for sure he is moving. And something else is moving too, bigger, meaner, terrifying.”

“Like what ?”

The officer leaned in his armchair and pour himself a bit more Amasec.

“A rogue governor, a strategic world, Adeptus Mechanicus party getting kicked, an unnamed Inquisitor saving the day, dozen of regiments sent to a planet where PDFs are routed from a single blow... The whole story sounds weird.”

“Sir... We obviously do not trust each other and imperial officer are not famous for sharing their doubts with anyone. So why are you telling me all this, a poor civilian taking arms against treachery and heresy?”

The lieutenant smiled.

“Because you’re are a masterpiece in my Regiment plans. That’s why our little agreement shall remain secret to the Lord Commander in person... Now, captain Lavyers, how many trusted men can you gather before nightfall?”

“Thirty, maybe forty... We will meet at the corner of The Governor avenue and the Manufactorum street, near that small basilica.”

“Alright, a squad of hardened vets will wait for you there.”

“Copy that, m’lord, let's kick those renegades out of town”.

After a more or less formal salute, Nora stepped back and closed the door behind her, leaving Torhteim alone. “Poor kid” empathize the Katarisian. Their insurrection against Lars, even if it succeeded, would be crushed by the Inquisition. And the XIVth as well if anyone else knew the Marshal plans. Since the fall of his homeworld, De Veer motto had been “we do not leave the faithful behind us”. His recent orders were secrets, the messages encrypted at the highest level. But, for now, the regiment needed to cover the back of the expeditionary forces. Torhteim emptied his cup and stood up. “Time to go back to work”.

Time to make my vow:

I, WarriorFish, hereby pledge the forces of the 144th Arukan under Lord Commander Firionel to the reclamation of Lutum in the name of the Emperor. The contribution of 1 Priest at 25pts will do their duty no matter the cost.

gallery_30308_10604_10407.jpg

Since I did Boeka I've been thinking about another priest and when I considered likely commitments this month I realised best not to aim too high so a single model it is. That said I think he has plenty of character thanks to bits from @Grimm. and a bit of bits box rummaging. I've got a colour scheme and his background in my head already but no name yet.

Entrants list updated, remind me not to leave it so long again... tongue.png

I, Morrocco Mole, hereby pledge the forces of [my yet-unnamed] regiment to the reclamation of Lutum in the name of the Emperor. The contribution of 2 veteran squads, with mortar, 2 voxcasters, 2 flamers, 1 grenade launcher, and 1 meltagun, at 160 points will do their duty no matter the cost.

morroc, I noticed you've pledged two Veteran squads - only one can count so let me know the make up and points value of the chosen squad. The other one can be saved for phase 3 or completed as an extra for this vow smile.png

Let me know if I've missed anything. There are a lot of blanks that need filling in still so get your regiment names and point values in soon! If you're not set on exact names yet nicknames will do but this is a narrative event so please try and flesh out your regiment. If you need help the barracks and liber are at your disposal thumbsup.gif

After seeing the results from the first phase, i'd really like to get a vow in for the second one. Sadly i won't be able to afford new stuff, so i probably will not be able to do it. I just wanted to let you guys know how excited i am to so another huge volume of good stuff coming in. I wish you all the best for completing your vows!

Can you pledge a formation from montka?

By the rules formations are allowed yes, but not even the Emperor Himself will be able to save you from the commissariat's wrath should you make a large vow and then fail... a third of the month is already gone too!

Great work nismo, I'm looking forward to seeing all the Ogryn vows finished! I'll definitely get mine back on track soon biggrin.png

Nice work everyone! Sorry for delay in vowing, if I have 19 guardsmen but i have already painted one as a test before this campaign started, can I still use them? I don't own any elites unfortunately. If i have a chimera can that be vowed alongside the guardsmen too? Thankyou

You can vow any legal Guard unit, Troop and Elite choices just give you a bonus to your completion points for phase 2. So you could vow a single Infantry Squad of 10 Guardsmen for this phase, and include their Chimera dedicated transport if you'd like - both would form a single "unit" for the pledge and also net you those bonus FOC points smile.png

We're a third of a way through phase 2 though, so I hope you can paint quickly msn-wink.gif

Thankyou Warriorfish

I hereby pledge the forces of the 49th Cadian under Lt Chip Kelly to the reclamation of Lutum in the name of the Emperor. The contribution of 10 Guardsmen , 1 Grenade Launcher plus their Chimera at 120pts will do their duty no matter the cost.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u155/paullilly/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC_0225.jpg

Brothers, after mustering up my first platoon of infantry, I have run into an issue (my first vow being 3 infantry squads, and my second being 30 conscripts).  With no indicating features of who is a conscript and who is a infantry, how do you guys tell the difference?  I already put stripes on all of there shoulders.  Perhaps I could put squad numbers on the infantry opposite shoulder and leave the conscripts without a number? Emperor help us if my conscripts get hold of a auto cannon

Normally a conscript has a white stripe centrally on their helmet but that depends on your colour scheme/fluff. Generally as they are not 'proper' Guardsmen yet I'd say give them a simpler scheme than a normal Guardsman. Not giving them a squad number is a good idea - I mean it depends on your fluff of course but perhaps they've not earned the right to have one yet or something like that?

Usually its a white stripe on the helmet you see as that's the Cadian method but it can be anything you want - that includes no difference if you so choose! I agree not giving them a squad number sounds like a quick and good solution for differentiation :)

On the plus side with no numbering you can have loads of Conscripts and easily change the quantity on a list to list basis as required - your other models will be tied to their 10 man squads with their numbering. So it works out I reckon :)

Okay, I was gonna paint some scions for this, but then my friend threw a spanner in the works by getting me a box of Bullgryns for my birthday.  Stoked on these models, and they should slake my thirst for painting something that isn't armour (even though they do have tank tracks).

I, P3AKHOUR hereby pledge the forces of 189th Tebessan Expeditionary Force under Colonel Faizal Danek to the reclamation of Lutum in the name of the Emperor. The contribution of 1 squad of Bullgryns with slabshields and grenadier gauntlets at 145pts will do their duty no matter the cost.

These Bullgryns, survivors of the now famous 212th Hassaman Abhuman Auxiliary, are permanently attached to the XIV Tebessan Armoured Company on force protection duties.  They were absorbed into the 189th after distinguishing themselves protecting the flanks of Colonel Danek's armoured column during the bloody counter-insurgency on Hassam Sigma.   At their induction ceremony, each Ogryn was personally presented with new body armour by a member of the tank crews they fought alongside.   As a further mark of honour, this armour was painted the in same tan drab as the Leman Russes of the XIV, and fitted with spare track links from their stores. 

PhotoGrid 1455240339057

PhotoGrid 1455239607060

Archived