The 8th was bogged down as they outran their supply lines during their dogged pursuit of the foul traitors, but the supply lines finally caught up. I'd like to report Completion of my vow.

WP 20160216 001

Varulv Squad reports success. The 8th has reached it's objective.

With morale flagging due to the defeat of the Paradise 1st forces during the landing on Lutum Colonel Katrin has ordered the assignment of Ministorum Priests to the front line to restore the shattered morale. Forging forwards to where the broken remnants of the leading companies of Rough Rider cavalry divisions these Priests restored the vital back bone of the Paradise Rifles presence of Lutum and reminded them of their faith and purpose.

I, Brother SP, vow to paint one such priest armed with an autogun taken and re-sanctified from the traitors of Lutum. He comes to 25pts. His presence shall hopefully restore my regiments flagging spirits in time for me to complete the third phase vow alongside my rough riders.

gallery_36568_11593_37375.jpg

EDIT: A Really bad picture for the Campaign Archives...

Good good, let me know the points value of your vow as soon as you can - but don't forget that this month is soon to end and the deadline for phase 2 with it!

The entrants list is up to date once again, starting with some completions which is great but there's still a fair few regiments lacking their names! The background piece is optional but names are not! Get them in before the end of the Campaign - otherwise the leviathan bureaucracy of the Imperium might end up losing your regiment's presence in the campaign...

@Tallarn Commander -- those Scions look sharp in the desert colours. I like the little touch of the sergeant going for the kill-shot gansta style with his bolt pistol. smile.png

Since the Commissariat always demands frequent updates, here's a little one from me. My vowed Inquisitorial Storm Troopers have their fatigues done:

med_gallery_66537_9465_70152.jpg

I fully approve of the high proportion of Scion models pledged for this phase of the campaign!

Yep. And for me it was simply a case of I had the models/parts on hand. That and I procrastinated too far into the month to get anything else done. I figured after failing the first month I was in no position for Colonel Katrin to push for the top job so I would go with an easy one. Great feeling to be back painting though, and a model I am really proud of because it is a complete kit bash. Leaves me with a good few days to work on my rough riders though so thats always good.

Anyway here is a bad picture of him with better ones to come with fluff later:

gallery_36568_11593_1005244.jpg

EDIT: Funny how you always notice all the mistakes once you see a zoomed in pic (the wash between the tears on his led, the mold lines on the arm etc)

Question about basing these Ogryns...  They are pretty heavy but they all have large flat feet.  I'm wondering if I can get away with using superglue to stick them to my cork slab bases.

Think they would be sturdy enough or would they just rip right off the cork?

Question about basing these Ogryns...  They are pretty heavy but they all have large flat feet.  I'm wondering if I can get away with using superglue to stick them to my cork slab bases.

Think they would be sturdy enough or would they just rip right off the cork?

You could always drill and pin to be sure...

With just over a week to go work on the Kasrkin has reached the block colour stage...

Shade, highlight and detailing next week with a planned completion date of next Friday - For the Emperor!

gallery_62353_11005_89405.jpg

Archived