Uni prep hit me hard this weekend, but these lovable larrakins have rocked up just in time. They tried to make an inconspicuous entry halfway through the Commissar's speech, but the clanking of armour plates and muffled snickering from the ranks around them could be clearly heard the length and breadth of the hangar. 

Sorry for the phone pics.  Ill get some with the proper camera when I get a spare few minutes.

bulls1

bulls2

Great work RADU, and another excellent completion! The colours are muted but nicely complementary :) The entrants list is starting to look good but there's still plenty more vows outstanding but there's still enough hours left for some sneaky completions ;)

Chiming in since its been a while since I posted. I have my 30 conscripts about done, just need some basing and minor highlights to finish them up. Bonus I've included (but haven't painted yet) is my battle priest that will lead them and be my warlord! (I'll post pics of him with the completed gaurdsmen tonight once I get out of work)

The Commissariat expects every Guardsman to do his duty to the Emperor in this campaign.

Failure will not be tolerated as it means I will have to attend the disciplinary executions in the morning and miss my morning Recaff and protein block ;)

@RADU LYKAN - great conversion, I, too, demand more angles! ;)

@Urzu4 -- nicely done, your completion brings us up to 70% completion. Nice conversion on the flag-bearer too.

A little over half an hour to go. Don't let the Emperor down. The Inquisition might find the lack of faith inherent in a failure to complete ... disturbing.

+++Phase 2 of Assault on Lutum has ended!+++

The roar of landing craft blotted out the discussion with a base hum which made equipment rattle and ears ache. In the command tent the senior officers were leaning over the planning table, the low glow of the display lighting their faces with a sickly green tint.

“The landings are progressing well. Nearly all of our troops have deployed with but a few exceptions and the heavy vehicles are being readied for the next phase.” Lord Commissar WarriorFish allowed his gaze to rove over the assembled officers before continuing,

“The scouts are moving towards their objectives and as strong points are discovered the Scions are being sent in to deal with them.”

Commissar Elmo let this information roll over him. As part of the planning staff he already knew the current situation and he was more interested in the gathered officers. All the units had sent a representative and even in the gloomy confines of the command tent the pride of those taking part was apparent.

The briefing was again interrupted, this time by the screech of Valkryies and Vendettas shuttling Scions forward.

“On all fronts the enemy is retreating before us. Gentlemen, the time is right to bring the might of our forces to bear and crush the traitor for once and all.” Heads nodded and murmurs of agreement where given. The traitor Luars must be brought to account for his actions. The Emperor had decreed it and so it would be.

“Your forces have performed admirably so far. Now is the moment of truth. You all know what is required of you and I am confident you will all succeed.”

A final scan of the faces told him all he needed to know, they where ready.

“Gentlemen, for The Emperor!”

With a roar the gathered officers replied “The Emperor!” and left to marshal their forces for the final attack.

Archived