Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

++ Casual 30K Hobby Challenge - February '16 ++

Hobby Challenge 30k Age of Darkness Legion Mechanicum Imperial Militia Solar Auxilia

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
133 replies to this topic

nevindar

nevindar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 346 posts

---- February ----

So, first thing first. I, the benevolent Lord of All a.k.a Nevindar will start this thread up this month since Kor’Vesh’s Astropathic Choir is out of reach of the Astronomican (Also known as waiting for Internet hook-up after a move).

We all know how this works by now, pledge some models to paint this month, build your armies, and enjoy the opportunity to stick it to the Traitors/Loyalists. Full rules can now be found in the Hall of Victors thread - where anyone involved so far should feel happy to post their full army shots!

As a basic reminder, every model you pledge to paint is worth points. Once you finish the model and show us you earn points for your faction. These are always safe, so there is always an incentive to keep painting! The scores are as follows -

Infantry - 1 point;
Large Infantry (terminators, bikes, rapiers without crew etc.) - 2 points;
Monstrous infantry - 3 points;
Vehicles and Fortifications - 6 points;
Lord of War (including Primarchs)- 10 points;
Warhound Titan – 15 points;
Reaver Titan – 20 points (still hoping to see one someday!)
(If you feel like painting a Warlord Titan for the Challenge… We can work something out)

Seeing as the Loyalty and Treachery challenge is on, have no fear of joining in the Casual Challenge as well! The more the merrier and let’s give Kor’Vesh something to read through once he gets back!

So brothers, sisters, post-humans and machine creations, for the Emperor or for Horus let's see some pledges!

Edited by nevindar, 01 February 2016 - 06:19 AM.

Wyvern

Wyvern

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 194 posts
I Wyv being of questionable ability and motivation hereby pledge to paint a ten man veteran tactical squad in the name of the Emperor our lord Dorn and the VIIth legion

we_badge_wyvern.png

Izzinatah

Izzinatah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 37 posts

I pledge a Veletarii Storm Section, my Master of Signal and my Praetor!

Veletarii.jpg

+++ XIIIth Legion & Solar Auxilia Blog: Imperium Secundus +++

Aeternus

Aeternus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,084 posts

I, Aeternas, of last minute completions pledge to paint three dreads, a drop pod, and build and paint a moritat and a chaplain. For the VIIIth, so let's go with traitors.

Nope. No ultramarine here...

Edited by Aeternas, 01 February 2016 - 09:08 PM.

Terran_zps971683eb.pnggallery_60566_6038_61161.png Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_01a.jpg

God-Potato of Mankind

God-Potato of Mankind

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,523 posts

So can I join my Loyalty and Treachery pledge, obviously excluding those models that are past base-coating?

So I've finished my Vanquishers, but my Spartan is only sprayed, so I can pledge that?

If so,

World Eaters:

Spartan

2x Attack Bike

1x Deredeo

1x Chaplain

nevindar

nevindar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 346 posts

@God-Potato: Yes. I'd say that you can. As long as you post the minis here as well :)

@Aeternas: An ultramarine, you say? AN ULTRAMARINE?! Well, I'll get back to you about him :)

Will make rulings and own pledge once I get home later today!

//Nevindar

Big Bad Squig

Big Bad Squig

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 720 posts

I, Big Bad Squig, the ever humble Emperor's Champion*, pledge to paint:

- 13 veteran tactical marines (of separate units)

- One Legion Dreadnought

I'll save any more last minute pledges for later, as my speed last month has meant I'm fast running out of things to paint.

*Who thought to give this crazy man any form of title?  Although I'm sure it won't go to his head... teehee.gif   

betrayer41

betrayer41

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,075 posts

I, Betrayer41 vow to complete, two Dreadnoughts, 10 Tac Marines, 5 Man melta support Squad and if they arrive on time, 5 AL/RG Dark Furies.

And since i didn't even start my Apoth, i vow to finish him as well

Raktra

Raktra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,982 posts

So, right now I can only really pledge to paint up my sculpted bases and stick the relevant Marines to 'em. I am very busy! Also I wanna paint some AdMech/Tau/Khador.

Aeternus

Aeternus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,084 posts

Also I wanna paint some Tau

Shun the heretic! :D

Terran_zps971683eb.pnggallery_60566_6038_61161.png Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_01a.jpg

Raktra

Raktra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,982 posts

Tau_Problem_Astartes.jpg

Skalpynock

Skalpynock

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,492 posts

Yes, there is a problem: that you didn't include any Berserkers in your list of stuff you want to paint.

nevindar

nevindar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 346 posts

I Nevindar The Benevolent hereby pledge for the month of February:

1 Pallas Pattern Whirlwind Scorpius
10 Medusan Immortals
5 Heavy support marines with Lascannons
1 Pallas Pattern Land Speeder

@Raktra: Convert Khadoran Warjacks to Castellax? ;)

@God-Potato: Re Spartan, is it basically just basecoated? Forgot to ask

@Aeternas: Re Ultramarine, He is really just a Night Lord in disguise eh? Can't have you support both sides in the same pledge. Who do you think you are? Lion El'Jonson? ;)

Looking forward to see some WIP photos as soon as you people get started :)

//Nevindar

Black Cohort

Black Cohort

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,255 posts

I pledge to paint a Salamander Land Raider.

land raider

Follow the link to help make "A Better 40k"<p> http://www.bolterand...types-finished/
ETL_2014_Banner_V2_03D_Custos_Fidei.jpg

Raktra

Raktra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,982 posts

I Nevindar The Benevolent hereby pledge for the month of February:

1 Pallas Pattern Whirlwind Scorpius
10 Medusan Immortals
5 Heavy support marines with Lascannons
1 Pallas Pattern Land Speeder

@Raktra: Convert Khadoran Warjacks to Castellax? msn-wink.gif

I actually play Khador... And this is :cussing genius. I could genuinely make that work with the Kodiak kit.

Goddammit, Nev.

nevindar

nevindar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 346 posts

Just make up a Forgeworld of your own and call it "insert name here pattern Castellax" or so. As long as it looks good enough and properly converted and is actually finished on time... ;) (I Might have PoM and Retribution myself.......)

//Nevindar

1000 Sons

1000 Sons

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 850 posts

To make up for my failure last month, I vow three rapiers, and a leviathan dreadnought.

ndKfPF6.jpg AiT9Upe.jpg

noigrim

noigrim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,347 posts

I'll try to make a legion a month (1700pts) from now to May beginning with Imperial Fists (with some auxilia help of already painted units), two pledges a month roughly 1-15/15-end. I'll finish the stuff for the Siege of Terra and then do some AWI instead.

jpeg.jpg

Sense%2Bt%C3%ADtol%2B(2).pngUntitled-1.jpgsml_gallery_29004_10691_5192.pnggallery_48988_15151_1303.pnggallery_48988_16045_6601.pngETL_Medal_03.gifL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpggallery_48988_15465_10777.pngsml_gallery_48988_16053_22349.png

Aeternus

Aeternus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,084 posts

@Aeternas: Re Ultramarine, He is really just a Night Lord in disguise eh? Can't have you support both sides in the same pledge. Who do you think you are? Lion El'Jonson? msn-wink.gif

Very well then, he'll sit idly by watching the proper boys in blue get ready :) Edited him out

The4thHorseman

The4thHorseman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 912 posts

I, The4thHorseman, vow to build and paint One Legion Centurion Delegatus on Bike equipped with a Nanyte Blaster for the Blood Angels Legion.

0201161858_zps8vetu4h8.jpg

bbf811e1-ce42-4d77-8d12-dbaadfcfc57a_zps

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done

ETL_VI_Banner_Dominus_Exercitus_Blood_AnETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifsml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.png

Leonite

Leonite

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 667 posts

I, Leonite, of the traitorous section of the Death Guard, do solemly pledge to have at the least my four Deathshroud and Praetor in the same armor painted by the end of the month. With a possibly extra vow on the horizon

Call_of_Chaos_8_Banner_01f.jpgETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifETL_2016_Medal_02_Primus_Inter_Pares.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Banner_01f.jpgETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gifETL_2018_Medal_03_Primus_Interpares_04.gETL_Medal_02.gif

Kor'Vesh

Kor'Vesh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 579 posts
Great vows team! Nothing from me yet, as I won't be properly back in the game till mid Feb. I'm gonna enjoy watching though! Nice to see some auxiliary in the thread too!

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,126 posts
After the weekend I may even know what I want to paint... :D!

RandomMarine

RandomMarine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,310 posts
I pledge 3 grav rapiers for the xth that I will be making from some kataphrons

Skalpynock

Skalpynock

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,492 posts
Depending on what Retribution delivers, I may pledge in the weeks to come.