++ Casual 30K Hobby Challenge - February '16 ++

nevindar

---- February ----

So, first thing first. I, the benevolent Lord of All a.k.a Nevindar will start this thread up this month since Kor’Vesh’s Astropathic Choir is out of reach of the Astronomican (Also known as waiting for Internet hook-up after a move).

We all know how this works by now, pledge some models to paint this month, build your armies, and enjoy the opportunity to stick it to the Traitors/Loyalists. Full rules can now be found in the Hall of Victors thread - where anyone involved so far should feel happy to post their full army shots!

As a basic reminder, every model you pledge to paint is worth points. Once you finish the model and show us you earn points for your faction. These are always safe, so there is always an incentive to keep painting! The scores are as follows -

Infantry - 1 point;
Large Infantry (terminators, bikes, rapiers without crew etc.) - 2 points;
Monstrous infantry - 3 points;
Vehicles and Fortifications - 6 points;
Lord of War (including Primarchs)- 10 points;
Warhound Titan – 15 points;
Reaver Titan – 20 points (still hoping to see one someday!)
(If you feel like painting a Warlord Titan for the Challenge… We can work something out)

Seeing as the Loyalty and Treachery challenge is on, have no fear of joining in the Casual Challenge as well! The more the merrier and let’s give Kor’Vesh something to read through once he gets back!

So brothers, sisters, post-humans and machine creations, for the Emperor or for Horus let's see some pledges!

I, Aeternas, of last minute completions pledge to paint three dreads, a drop pod, and build and paint a moritat and a chaplain. For the VIIIth, so let's go with traitors.

Nope. No ultramarine here...

@God-Potato: Yes. I'd say that you can. As long as you post the minis here as well :)

@Aeternas: An ultramarine, you say? AN ULTRAMARINE?! Well, I'll get back to you about him :)

Will make rulings and own pledge once I get home later today!

//Nevindar

I, Big Bad Squig, the ever humble Emperor's Champion*, pledge to paint:

- 13 veteran tactical marines (of separate units)

- One Legion Dreadnought

I'll save any more last minute pledges for later, as my speed last month has meant I'm fast running out of things to paint.

*Who thought to give this crazy man any form of title? Although I'm sure it won't go to his head... teehee.gif

I Nevindar The Benevolent hereby pledge for the month of February:

1 Pallas Pattern Whirlwind Scorpius
10 Medusan Immortals
5 Heavy support marines with Lascannons
1 Pallas Pattern Land Speeder

@Raktra: Convert Khadoran Warjacks to Castellax? ;)

@God-Potato: Re Spartan, is it basically just basecoated? Forgot to ask

@Aeternas: Re Ultramarine, He is really just a Night Lord in disguise eh? Can't have you support both sides in the same pledge. Who do you think you are? Lion El'Jonson? ;)

Looking forward to see some WIP photos as soon as you people get started :)

//Nevindar

I Nevindar The Benevolent hereby pledge for the month of February:

1 Pallas Pattern Whirlwind Scorpius

10 Medusan Immortals

5 Heavy support marines with Lascannons

1 Pallas Pattern Land Speeder

@Raktra: Convert Khadoran Warjacks to Castellax? msn-wink.gif

I actually play Khador... And this is :cussing genius. I could genuinely make that work with the Kodiak kit.

Goddammit, Nev.

Just make up a Forgeworld of your own and call it "insert name here pattern Castellax" or so. As long as it looks good enough and properly converted and is actually finished on time... ;) (I Might have PoM and Retribution myself.......)

//Nevindar

I'll try to make a legion a month (1700pts) from now to May beginning with Imperial Fists (with some auxilia help of already painted units), two pledges a month roughly 1-15/15-end. I'll finish the stuff for the Siege of Terra and then do some AWI instead.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-SWjhyER9fNk/Vq_DxcJkySI/AAAAAAAALC4/L54AtzGkRgs/s1600/jpeg.jpg

@Aeternas: Re Ultramarine, He is really just a Night Lord in disguise eh? Can't have you support both sides in the same pledge. Who do you think you are? Lion El'Jonson? msn-wink.gif

Very well then, he'll sit idly by watching the proper boys in blue get ready :) Edited him out

I, The4thHorseman, vow to build and paint One Legion Centurion Delegatus on Bike equipped with a Nanyte Blaster for the Blood Angels Legion.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/The4thHorseman/0201161858_zps8vetu4h8.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/The4thHorseman/bbf811e1-ce42-4d77-8d12-dbaadfcfc57a_zpsaqmrkris.jpg

Archived