++ Casual 30K Hobby Challenge - February '16 ++

nevindar

Tactical and new pledge, feels good to be painting over black again!

SDC18987.JPG

2nd%2Bpledge.jpgIf I get it done with time to spare perhaps I'll paint one superheavy or two for my Iron Hands

My breacher squad is done.

Just wondering but where do you get those shields? There pretty awesome.

The one on the sgt? That is the shield from the plastic imperial knight. Normally goes on the right side between the head and the weapon. It would also be incredibly easy (and legal in most areas) to make copies of for personal use.

@god-potato: just write in the fluff for the Spartan that the crew massively enjoys rallycross track days!

@betrayer: hate when that happens. Send me a message with the stuff you won't be able to paint if you like. Also, got anything else to paint instead? Legionnaires, tanks...housemates?

//Nevindar

@god-potato: just write in the fluff for the Spartan that the crew massively enjoys rallycross track days!

@betrayer: hate when that happens. Send me a message with the stuff you won't be able to paint if you like. Also, got anything else to paint instead? Legionnaires, tanks...housemates?

//Nevindar

I decided to re-layer the white and blue, it just wasn't working for me. 

It's getting better, soon I shall add the glorious quad-lascannon array!

http://i.imgur.com/jpKW6wf.jpg

I like the use of Dynat (think thats his name) as the base of the center fig. I think thats the first conversion Ive seen using him, and he looks magnificent!

@nevindar,

Since youre captain of the thread in the stead of old lad Korvesh, I have a question perhaps you can answer.

Are building pledges still allowed? Ive got a bit of a haul inbound and I doubt ill get it until later next month despite the express shipping so I would rather not pledge to paint.

med_gallery_82040_10175_20401.jpg

sml_gallery_82040_10175_3827.jpg

Cheers,

DimDim

I like the use of Dynat (think thats his name) as the base of the center fig. I think thats the first conversion Ive seen using him, and he looks magnificent! 

@nevindar, 

Since youre captain of the thread in the stead of old lad Korvesh, I have a question perhaps you can answer.

Are building pledges still allowed? Ive got a bit of a haul inbound and I doubt ill get it until later next month despite the express shipping so I would rather not pledge to paint.

Cheers,

DimDim

I heartily applaud such reckless expenditure! Bravo!

@DimDim: There is a building pledge still, yes. It count as a quarter point per model of their usual worth in the challenge. If you get the stuff on time, feel free to do a buildpledge for the month :)

//Nevindar

Oh and as an unfortunate update, my Deredeo didn't come with....feet. I've just gotten confirmation they're casting me a replacement but I really doubt they'll arrive in time for me to finish that part of my pledge.

Spartan, attack bikes & Chappy are still a go though. Spartan is getting some delicious extra decoration I think people will enjoy.

I'm alive!

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/2/21/780373_md-.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/2/21/780376_md-.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/2/21/780375_md-.JPG

I have gotten a smattering of tacticals painted, but I shall post them later on when they have accompanying squads.

Squig out.

Archived