Eagle Eye librarian in power armor

JeffTibbetts

Hey errbody! I finally got around to finishing up a librarian I started last April or so. I had to repaint his green robes as I'd changed my paint recipe, and the decals look a bit rough as I just painted around them. They were my older, lower-quality decals already. I feel like I should have just taken them off, but I digress. The pics!

gallery_74115_8883_125229.jpg

gallery_74115_8883_108715.jpg

gallery_74115_8883_51554.jpg

gallery_74115_8883_202162.jpg

And here are a couple other angles for fun.

gallery_74115_8883_850349.jpg

Creepy black Raven Guard eyes. I probably should touch these up a bit... They look awfully rough up close.

gallery_74115_8883_998652.jpg

I really like the way the scratches looked on this greave, in particular. There are so few spots on this model to add them without running into clutter.

C&C are always welcome. I haven't hit this with a sealant so I may make some tweaks.

Thanks, man. I think the colors worked much better together when it was a brighter green, but then again my new colors are much darker in general. I don't want a blue so bright it would stand out when everyone's trying to be all sneaky. :P 

The scratches look ace, man. Librarians are always tricky with green Marines though, since the colors clash. I think you pulled it off admirably though!

Really?  I find the problem is that blue and green are too close together for either to stand out (without going dramatically dark or light one one or both).  Cool colors and all that.

The scratches look ace, man. Librarians are always tricky with green Marines though, since the colors clash. I think you pulled it off admirably though!

Really?  I find the problem is that blue and green are too close together for either to stand out (without going dramatically dark or light one one or both).  Cool colors and all that.

Yeah, I agree with you Mr. Firepower, sir. It's tough to work with, tonally. But, it is what it is. Not to speak for him, but I don't think he meant clash like they're wild, rather they don't play nicely with each other precisely because they're right next to each other on the color wheel. 

I can't make Libbies less blue or use a different green just for him. If anything, I may have gone for a brighter blue to pull some contrast that way, but like I mentioned I think the darker is thematically better for my army. Taken as a whole, they're an awfully dark bunch. The little pops of red and bone are about the only relief, so that said he fits in well with the force.

I know what you mean about the blue and green being difficult to work together with. My Gatekeepers have dull green armour and dark blue pauldrons. The only way I got away with it was to edge the pad rims in a contrasting shade of gold. For what it's worth, I think you've done a good job of using the details and trims to provide contrast. It's looking pretty nifty!

Yeah, I agree with you Mr. Firepower, sir. It's tough to work with, tonally. But, it is what it is. Not to speak for him, but I don't think he meant clash like they're wild, rather they don't play nicely with each other precisely because they're right next to each other on the color wheel. 

I can't make Libbies less blue or use a different green just for him. If anything, I may have gone for a brighter blue to pull some contrast that way, but like I mentioned I think the darker is thematically better for my army. Taken as a whole, they're an awfully dark bunch. The little pops of red and bone are about the only relief, so that said he fits in well with the force.

Yeah, there are several colors on the model, but none of them bright enough to pop.  I've seen people do very vibrant blues that are still quite dark, which is basically a matter of very deep, strong shadow and broad, bright highlights.  As it stands, looking at him from the front the eye goes straight to his face, and just sorta wanders afterwards. 

Archived