++ March of the Legions: IX Legion ++

gallery_48988_10069_1214690.png

Month 10: The IX Legion

If you missed last month's competition, and/or would like to learn the rules for this competition, please read the first post here: http://www.bolterand...gion/?p=3850046

If you dare to accept this challenge, please recite the following oath:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I, Brother Chaplain Kage, accept my role in this.

I promise to lead the IX Legion into the zone of war, and conduct them to battle.

I will do so no matter the ferocity or ingenuity of the foe.

I pledge my honor to the IX Legion.

On this matter, and by the Angel, I swear.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I, Dosjetka, accept my role in this.

I promise to lead the IX Legion into the zone of war, and conduct them to battle.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I, Blindhamster, accept my role in this.

I, Nevindar, accept my role in this.

Yeah I'll take this.

I, Charlo, accept my role in this.

Edit: removed the pic as I'm going to go for something a little different instead of a big Preator.

I, Achinadav, accept my role in this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I, Slipstreams, accept my role in this.

I, Ezeriel, accept my role in this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I, Lunar Centurion, accept my role in this.

I, Jimbo, accept my role in this.

I just started on some Blood Angels, so count me in for this one. It'll be my first.

I, Brother Endman, accept my role in this.

I, StruManChu, accept my role in this.

By blood and bolter I make this oath.

With tooth and claw I keep this oath.

In honour and glory I shall fulfill my oath.

I am a son of the Angel.

I, the Psycho, accept my role in this.

I pledge to lead the IX Legion into the zone of war, and conduct them to battle.

The ground of Old Earth my resting place shall be.

Unto the End.

Because conformity is overrated, and I needed to get back to Requiem ;)

I, captainblow, accept my role in this.

Ayyyy

Heres my Completion:

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a598/stampeeder/2016-02-11%2000.05.46_zpseapcjlwe.jpg

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a598/stampeeder/2016-02-11%2000.05.54_zpsqsqzdfp6.jpg

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a598/stampeeder/2016-02-11%2000.06.04_zps43pyc6hu.jpg

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a598/stampeeder/2016-02-11%2000.06.19_zps0mq6ldk9.jpg

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a598/stampeeder/2016-02-11%2000.06.26_zpsmgv1aisl.jpg

+++

Legion Astartes IX 'Blood Angels'

Astartes Profile Record: 'The Angel of Sorrow'

Legion Rank: Centurion

Specialization: Champion, 12th Chapter.

Recovered Pict Captures place the last-known Imperial sighting of the Astartes known as the "Angel of Sorrow" at the planet Signus where he, alongside his Primarch and Legion, fought against an, Imperial Records State, as-of-yet unknown Xenos Race.

Captured at multiple points challenging - and defeating - some of the larger Bioforms, the Sorrow was never far from the heaviest of the combat and was seen multiple times at the side of his Primarch, Sanguinius, impeding the path of those deemed unworthy to fight his Lord in Single Combat.

+++

Depicted here in Legion-Embellished Artificer Armor, The Sorrow, records indicate, chose to retain his Standard-Issue Mk IV Maximus Helmet from the time he served in the Line Squads of the Legion as homage to his Origins before his rise through the Legion.

He is also equipped with a pair of Master-Crafted Weapons, a Power Fist and Plasma Pistol respectively, as befits his rank as Chapter Champion. Additionally, he has been given the Honor of equipping a Winged Jump pack to battle; a Rarity to see for a member of the Legion who has not been inducted into the Sanguinary Guard.

I, The Nameless Captain, accept my role in this.

"Boarding torpedoes launching! Impact in 12 seconds!"

The call from the bridge rang out, erupting from the golden bust of a cherub, mounted in the alcoves above the deck. The ship had suffered under the barrage of the Night Lords' sudden, unprecedented attack. Wave after wave of lance and heavy ordnance fire had laid into the IX Cruiser Triumph Sanguis, and now the Blood Angels and their human crew faced the onslaught of the most merciless of the Emperor's Legions.

The squadron of Breacher Marines under Brother Sergeant Lucien Cerento were the nearest to the projected impact points of the boarding torpedoes. Orders were relayed to the squadron, appearing immediately in each Legionnaire's visor display or retinal implants. A veteran of more than six decades, Cerento was a decorated officer and amongst his successes had helped defend the Sanguis against over a dozen enemy incursions.

But what was about to happen was beyond even irrational thought. Astartes making war on Astartes. The undoing of everything the Cerento and thousands like him, thousands better than him, had fought and bled and died for, and less than a handful of seconds, barely a moment, to accept that yesterday's brother was today's sworn foe. The those who were building the future alongside you were now, for reasons you could not understand, tearing it down. Cerentto gripped his shield and flexed his claws, taking stick of this singular moment as hope breathed its last.

"Brace for impact!"

To war... To the death... For the Emperor. Always.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gallery_67188_10247_97949.jpg

gallery_67188_10247_82838.jpg

gallery_67188_10247_14766.jpg

gallery_67188_10247_11515.jpg

gallery_67188_10247_22386.jpg

Cheers guys! It's really not as smooth as it looks... I think my phone actually helped me a little this time by obscuring my not-amazing greenstuff work.

Basically, all I did was chop the existing 'wing' section off of the shield, then trim the plastic BA wing down to fit. It obviously curves away where the breacher shield is straight, but I managed to trim the wing and the shield down so this didn't end up being a huge hassle. Bit of greenstuff down the long join and at the top, and it's done! It's something I'd been meaning to try for ages, and I'm glad it's been well received!

Archived