Tax Time Sisters

Wulf Vengis

With tax time upon us here in the states I'm thinking of getting the codes and building some sisters. I am looking 3rd party and secondhand models. I've always wanted to build some to accompany my Wolves for that Norse valkery (drawing a blank on the spelling) thing.

I really like the Eisenkern Valkir models from Dreamforge but which ones work best? But what about jump infantry does anyone make an allternative?

I'm also looking at Raging Heroes and a few other sites for independent characters and hq units.

Honestly I went the copy cat route and I purchased a set of 10 heads from Statuesque they'll be here sometime before march.  I'm considering also trying out the Victoria female heads.

The box I bought has various poses and can do 20 models so I've currently planned out two different kill teams and we'll see how they turn out.  I'm just adding Space Marine backpacks, purity seals, some religious looking bits, and Marine/Guard weapons to the Valkir models.

With the Space Marine backpacks, I find that if you cut the exhaust nozzles off and then cut the little connector rods off, then attach the nozzles directly to the backpack again, it helps the backpacks look less outright Space Marine and more Sororitas.

Bald female heads from Victoria Miniatures found here

http://victoriaminiatures.highwire.com/product/bald-heads-x11-female

Female Guthrie heads also from Victoria miniatures

http://victoriaminiatures.highwire.com/product/bald-female-heads-x12

The heads from Statuesque (thank you Miko).

http://statuesqueminiatures.mobile034.com/p/8774376/sma012-heroic-scale-female-heads.html

And the dream forge eisenkern heavy troopers.

http://dreamforge-games.com/collections/infantry/products/eisenkern-valkir-heavy-troopers-redo

I'm debating on which heads to buy at the moment. I'll buy the bald heads regardless because the sisters need baldies.

I'll be using left over space wolves bits to add some Fenrisian flare to these ladies.

I'm also still mulling over fluff for this endeavor. But I'm thinking these are the women of the Huskærl (Fenrisian and off-worlders) who are hand picked by the wolf priests to protect the faith of Russ and the Emperor.

Moving amongst the Huskærl ranks like black clad harbingers inspiring the faithful and dealing death to the enemies of mankind.

Names for this project are in the works starting with

The Sisters of Lykan

The Sisterhood of Lupus

Early spit balls at best.

Another name possibility

Order of Garou

The Sisters Fenryka

The Matrons of Russ

Watchers of the Wolf

The Gett of Fenris

Ætt-daughters (Daughters of the Ætt)

The Adepta Fenryka

The Ætt Sisterhood

The She-wolves of Morkai

Freki's Daughters

The Wolf Sisters

Sisters of the Pelt

Fang Daughters

Most likely more to come.

Oh, since you asked and nobody said it - the correct spelling is Walkure, with the anglicised spelling being Valkyrie.

How about the Order of St. Sigrun? Sounds Sister-y, and Sigrun is the Valkyrie "who brings Victory" in the Ring Cycle (The opera from which Ride of the Valkyries is taken).

That's... Pretty close to perfect and i like the way flows

The Order of St Sigrun

I like it. And thank you for the dialect correction.

My dream forge box arrived today but i haven't had time to own it yet. Will do so once i Get out of work.

...the correct spelling is Walkure, with the anglicised spelling being Valkyrie.

What makes you say that?

I ask out of curiosity. Had a Buddy recently arguing me on whether "Walküre" (german spelling of valkyrie) is or rather should be spelled with a 'V'. Some lazy glance into wikipedia(not the most thorough of reasearches, I know! Hence me asking for possible greater insight) stated its norse origins spelled as "valkyrja".

On the other hand, I'm fairly certain, those old norsemen didn't use the latin alphabet anyway. Which also makes the notion of 'the' correct spelling (as opposed to varying spellings depending on language) of this word (or most other words) rather pointless.

Isn't it hard enough, getting the spelling right, for whatever language one is currently using, as it is?

Ah, yes, I forgot the umlaut. ^^;

I say Walküre because Wagner is the reason anybody in the modern era cares one whit about Valkyries - they don't appear as more than bit parts in any of the older tales I'm aware of, and in any case, you are correct that during the Viking Era, the Norse wrote in short-stick younger futhark (the most common form of 'runic'). They only switched over to Latin writing when they became Christianised - at which point, nobody was talking about Valkyries much.

Technically, this means that the |v| spelling is anachronistic - in runic, there is no such character as |v|. However, when runic was being replaced with the alphabet, many |w| words became |v| words, because latin letters do distinguish between the two.

To use a modern example, it's kind of like converting Japanese into latin letters ('romaji) - in Japanese, there is no distinction between |l| and |r|, so when converting to romaji, the translator has to choose which letter to use (in actuality, neither is correct because the phoneme is /ɽ~ɺ/).

Archived