Silly Fluffy Rules Only For Yourself

Father Mapple

Anyone have any of these for themselves?

Came up recently that I wanted to use Mephiston and a terminator librarian, but it felt like a time travel paradox to use the Calistarius model from Space Hulk on the same board as Mephiston as chief librarian.

Also, I literally can not make a Blood Angel list without jump packs. I know it's possible, but I've never done it except for an archangels list for theoretical games.

Minimize casualties on my side and maximize casualties on the opponents side, mission be damned. This philosophy does so deep that I refuse to play MSU and never put a unit onto the table without a tanky character up front or other means of protection like Void Shields, improved cover saves and so forth. I take every casualty highly personal :D

Only painted models, and I absolutely refuse to use grav weaponry. They're a crutch GW had to introduce to counter the introduction of superheavies, and I hate obvious choices. I'll stick to melta and plasma, even if it puts me at a disadvantage.

I cannot bring myself to equip sergeants of anything with just a bolter. At a minimum they have to have a chainsword in tow, usually some kind of power weapon and pistol combo. Even in a devastator squad.

I can't bring myself to do that in devastator squads :S

Otherwise, yes, pistol and power weapon, or combi and fist.

I can't bring myself to bring Devastators lol

They had a new lease of life in 5th where a 4xML squad became 130pts, then in 6th when first blood was introduced, however 7th killed the missile launcher withthe changes to the damage table :S 

My only silly rule is "no proxy weapons". I try to be 100% WYSIWYG when building lists. The only time I stray is if I decided not to pay for the weapon (Didn't buy this plasma pistol, didn't buy the power sword etc.) which I make sure to tell the opponent immediately before starting.

My only silly rule is "no proxy weapons". I try to be 100% WYSIWYG when building lists. The only time I stray is if I decided not to pay for the weapon (Didn't buy this plasma pistol, didn't buy the power sword etc.) which I make sure to tell the opponent immediately before starting.

Oh god, yes. It's a miniatures game. The models are leading, not the list. If you don't have it, don't field it.

Also, I literally can not make a Blood Angel list without jump packs. I know it's possible, but I've never done it except for an archangels list for theoretical games.

I can relate. I still somewhat miss the Ward Dex with 5th Edition where you could do all jumpers with I5.

"Ein Leben ohne Sprungmodul ist möglich - aber sinnlos" (A life without jump pack is possible - but pointless) freely adapted from Vicco von Bülow.

Not only weapons but jump packs too, if they're in a pod they should have back packs. This is why I mamagnetize my packs. It's a pain in the butt, yet it allows me to virtually double my model recources.

My one rule is to try and get my Death Company dead. I send them into whatever is the hardest nut to crack and if they get through that directly into the next death trap. They must have a glorious end either charging the gun lines or in the thickest of the fighting. 

My one rule is to try and get my Death Company dead. I send them into whatever is the hardest nut to crack and if they get through that directly into the next death trap. They must have a glorious end either charging the gun lines or in the thickest 

I've sometimes considered running Strike Force Mortalis just to provide an excuse for my complete lack of tactical awareness, so I fully support this rule.

This is also why I throw gear on my sergeants,

It's much easier to say "he just has a regular CCW, not a power sword" than "that chainsword is actually a power sword" , and better for your opponent.

It's much easier to say "he just has a regular CCW, not a power sword" than "that chainsword is actually a power sword" , and better for your opponent.

I have the same "self rule" as this with the only gripe that is that I play my razorbacks with twin linked assault cannons where they are model'd with twin linked heavy bolter's (because they look closer to assault cannons than lascannons did) because I haven't got around to buying forgeworld products yet.

I have the same "self rule" as this with the only gripe that is that I play my razorbacks with twin linked assault cannons where they are model'd with twin linked heavy bolter's (because they look closer to assault cannons than lascannons did) because I haven't got around to buying forgeworld products yet.

For this reason, I've never fielded my two crusader/redeemer landraiders with my 2 assault cannon razorbacks in the same list. There's only so many to go around! But I did take the assault cannons from a second Stormraven into a turret that fits on a razorback.

After going through a file of old saved lists (clearing it out, more like) I realized I never, ever, EVAR played a list where everything deployed turn 1. There's always been something deep striking, zooming on, or outflanking. I guess I can't see Blood Angels as that static of a chapter of marines. I mean, who does that, Imperial Fists or something? laugh.png

Buy a ravenwing bike squad. You get the ravenwing upgrade set which includes 2 plastic assault cannons. Clip the barrels off the heavy bolters, then attach the assault cannon barrels.

Archived