painting terminators question

aura_enchanted

i have a weird question of theme or trend amongst units im painting, i just got my hands on BaC and i thought it would be nice to do the terminators up in legion colors, perhaps with modern contemporary markings but im wondering if theyd fit in with the rest of them

my land raider and normal terminators are all in their contemporary beige colors with green acents and silver n such.

my company master in tda wears green as hes not standing in for belial and hes doing his thing

my chaplain and librarian are in their expected blue and blacks

so would it be weird to go with the black on red of the legion? im mainly doing them for funzies as i have all the terminators i want right now and too give me a few more generic nators and a replacement standard bearer after my last ones standard broke off, so one will bear the deathwing banner on his back so keep that in mind

Weird, not at all, sounds like they'd be pretty awesome looking. Totally in line with the current fluff, probably not, since all indications are that all the Terminators bear the "bone-white" at this point, but who cares if you really want to do it. If you need a story, maybe they are Consecrators that have been seconded to your army for some brotherhood. :)

You can always paint them as a black sucessor chapter since the Unforgiven Deathwing are known to cooperate with each other.

But to answer your question yes, it would be a bit strange to have bone white terminators and black terminators with DA markings but it's nothing that makes heads turn in disgust. :)

Cheers.

Weird, not at all, sounds like they'd be pretty awesome looking. Totally in line with the current fluff, probably not, since all indications are that all the Terminators bear the "bone-white" at this point, but who cares if you really want to do it. If you need a story, maybe they are Consecrators that have been seconded to your army for some brotherhood. smile.png

well i thought the idea of them being relic pieces born into battle on special occassions by a nominated squad and their commander would be a cool idea, and since my librarian is an actual forgeworld cataphract hed fit right in (well he is modified a bit he has modern terminator arms)

I think the idea's great. My First Company have black armour mainly because I'm not good at painting bone.

Btw and off topic: I also have some Napoleonic Brunswickers -- they also wore black.

There is a theme emerging :D

Maybe this would help:

Wings mentioned in "Unremembered Empire"

(Uniform is Black with Red/Martian Gold (?) Trim)

Deathwing - (Crossed Swords Insignia)

Ravenwing -

Stormwing - Assault Squads (?)

Dreadwing - (Skull in Hourglass Symbol)

There was also the scene when they are trying to get the Night Haunter off of thier Battle Barge using Assault Marines with Breacher Shields with Zero-G maneuvering packs in the Stormwing.

In "Unremembered Empire" the Dark Angels are said to have 5 "Wings" in the Legion. Only the Deathwing, Stormwing & Dreadwing are actually mentioned by name. I assume that the Ravenwing had to exist as it is such an integral part of the DA. Another possible "Wing" has existed, called the "Ironwing" in 3rd Ed? It was supposed to be the DA 3rd Company and basically a DA armoured task force.

I did mention the Stormwing! Those photos look amazing. I wonder if I could kit up "Betrayal at Calth" Marines to look like that or just wait for Forge World to put them out? I was going through the Forge World webpage and noticed they haven't done the Lion yet. Maybe we'll get a HH Book all our own

Archived