interest in a deathwatch play by post campaign?

Black Cohort

Over the time I have been on B&C I have occasionally seen people asking about a deathwatch RPG campaign. I need at least 4 players and handle up to 6.

Important information about the campaign:

Your primary foe will be Tau
I will be using the expanded info on power armour found in rites of war
ideally most people are using non-first founding chapters, I am open to discussion on how to handle that. Some of the expansions have rules for other well know chapters including the other first founding ones.

I have almost all the books so I can PM people info if they don't have access to a book and need info from it.

Questions for those interested:
What 3 pieces of non-standard issue wargear are your favourites?

What Chapter and class are you wanting to play?

Edit: having looked over the other games specific rules, I can't actually run the campaign here, though hopefully looking for people isn't an issue.  I am open to ideas of where to run the game.

As much as I love Play by Post Roleplaying and would absolutely love it if we could do Warhammer roleplaying sessions here on the B&C, I believe their policy of no roleplaying on the forums is still the case. Sadly such is the case, as much as I'd wish they'd change it. I recall many appeals to try and lift that rule, particularly when Deathwatch and Black Crusade were released, but as far as I recall the rule has not budged.. :/

If it has changed, however, that would open a whole avenue of new things to do... Black Crusade Campaign, here I come...

As much as I love Play by Post Roleplaying and would absolutely love it if we could do Warhammer roleplaying sessions here on the B&C, I believe their policy of no roleplaying on the forums is still the case. Sadly such is the case, as much as I'd wish they'd change it. I recall many appeals to try and lift that rule, particularly when Deathwatch and Black Crusade were released, but as far as I recall the rule has not budged.. :/

If it has changed, however, that would open a whole avenue of new things to do... Black Crusade Campaign, here I come...

I just re-read the forum rules and saw nothing mentioning rpgs one way or another, I am quite willing to run the game somewhere else if it is an issue.

Thinking tactical or devastate or unless there are new roles? We could play on a different site something that has dice in the site? Non standard what's covered in that?

Anything that isn't starting issue for one of the classes.

As far as I know they only added classes that you have to earn your way into, such as becoming a dreadnought or a deathwatch chaplain.

Don't have any of the rules and I'm not sure I'll be effective during working hours, which for me are long.

Not having rules is an issue, but time wise it will will be a play by post, so people post their actions when they have time, generally at least once every day or two.

Could we play the game through the PM system? Where exactly do I see the non standard stuff? Think I am gonna go devastator...

Max people in a PM is 4, ideally you want at least 4 + the Gamemaster.

Standard wargear is all the stuff listed on page 28, in stage 5 starting equipment.  some of it is generic to all, other stuff is class specific.  By non-standard I mean gear listed in chapter 5 that isn't part of that standard issue stuff.

Edit: Also to be clear, we will be using the errata found on the fantasy flight website.

It sounds interesting although I have no rule books and know next to nothing about the RPG. One place you might be able to hold it is on discord - https://discordapp.com/

You can create a "server" and call it what you want and then send out invite links to the people you want on it. It's more like IRC and will work with more than 4 people, you can have voice as well if you want. Access is by website, phone app or PC app. Might not be suitable for everything but it could be handy if you can't hold it here.

Archived