interest in a deathwatch play by post campaign?

Black Cohort

Hello. I've never played a Play by Post before. But if you can tell me roughly how much time consuming it's supposed to be, I might be interested.

I'm on a pen and paper Deathwatch campaign for 2 years already, so i know the game good enough.

I'm most interested in an Ultramarine Tactical Marine, but if you don't want first founding, i could play a successor chapter. If too much people wanna play a Tactical Marine, i can play a Librarian.

My 3 favorite wargears:

• Jumppack
  • Honour blades
  • Narthecium (in our campaign, we have no apothecary, so my character is a substitute medic with a Narthecium) or Storm Bolter

I may be interested, but at i've got my exams coming up at university, on the 18th of february, so any possible serious involment is delayed until after that. Also, i don't think that i will be able to post on a daily basis, more like about two times per week. If that's ok for you and the other players and you don't mind waiting a short while until it starts, i would very much like to join!

<p>

Hello. I've never played a Play by Post before. But if you can tell me roughly how much time consuming it's supposed to be, I might be interested.

I'm on a pen and paper Deathwatch campaign for 2 years already, so i know the game good enough.

I'm most interested in an Ultramarine Tactical Marine, but if you don't want first founding, i could play a successor chapter. If too much people wanna play a Tactical Marine, i can play a Librarian.

My 3 favorite wargears:

• Jumppack
  • Honour blades
  • Narthecium (in our campaign, we have no apothecary, so my character is a substitute medic with a Narthecium) or Storm Bolter

Librarian would probably be better. I have no issues with first founding chapters, i just don't want everyone to be from a first founding chapter.

Time wise, however long it takes you to read about half a dozen posts and do a post yourself once a day.

I may be interested, but at i've got my exams coming up at university, on the 18th of february, so any possible serious involment is delayed until after that. Also, i don't think that i will be able to post on a daily basis, more like about two times per week. If that's ok for you and the other players and you don't mind waiting a short while until it starts, i would very much like to join!

The delay wouldn't be big deal, but unfortunately posting only twice a week will be an issue. Play by post games tend to die if people aren't posting almost daily, especially since we can't run the game here.

The time commitment per day is fairly low however, basically reading any posts since the last time you were on and posting a reply.

<p>

My 3 favorite wargears:

• Jumppack
  • Honour blades

Librarian would probably be better. I have no issues with first founding chapters, i just don't want everyone to be from a first founding chapter.

Time wise, however long it takes you to read about half a dozen posts and do a post yourself once a day.

Time wise, it should be fine by me.

About character, i'm interested by an ultramarine tactical or a black shield librarian. No problem to chose the later one if you think it would be better.

About favorite wargear:

If ultramarine tactical:

• Jumppack
  • Honour blades
  • Storm Bolter (or Narthecium if there is no Apothicary)

If Black Shield Librarian:

• Jumppack
  • Dipole mag Lock
  • Psyfocus

I think recon0321 claimed the tactical spot, but I leave it up to you guys to decide which gets it. A black shield Librarian would be interesting, I will have to do some research to see how the chapter specific librarian stuff and black shields interact. PM me with your ideas of the black shield's background if you don't want it to be known by the other players.

I'd definitely be up for playing in a game such as this.

I'm also used to playing in a play by post setting, as for your questions.

I'm most interested in playing a Flesh Tearer Sanguinary Priest.

As for my three favorite pieces of wargear:

Power Axe

Storm Bolter

Melta Bombs.

I'd definitely be up for playing in a game such as this.

I'm also used to playing in a play by post setting, as for your questions.

I'm most interested in playing a Flesh Tearer Sanguinary Priest.

As for my three favorite pieces of wargear:

Power Axe

Storm Bolter

Melta Bombs.

I see no issues with a flesh teared sanuinary priest.

I can change mine...I am just trying to figure it all out

Eagles Eternal Dev

Astartes Targeter

Pain suppressant

Demolition charge?

Does that work?

Either devestor or tactical works, the important thing is that you play a character that interests you.

I know that Space Marines are stoic and proper but after reading HH novels and Marine like Tarik Toggaddon It is totally acceptable for them to have personality...I can see them being proper in front of others but within their own squad is a different story?

I know that Space Marines are stoic and proper but after reading HH novels and Marine like Tarik Toggaddon It is totally acceptable for them to have personality...I can see them being proper in front of others but within their own squad is a different story?

Perception vs reality almost the entire Imperium sees them as the Angels of Death, faceless, nameless, undefeatable warriors that arrive in the most desperate hour of need. In reality space marines would be nowhere near as good as they are if they were nameless and without personality and associated motivations.

Is there anything about a DIY chapter or do I have to go with their gene sire rules?

One of the supplements has rules for making custom chapters. But if they operate in a similar fashion to their progenitor chapter it is probably easier to just use the progenitor's rules.

Oh ok the Eagles Eternal are a little different due to their past and battles experienced...

Is there as significant change to their battle tactics? That is mostly what would trigger a different set of rules. Most of the rest would be roleplayed anyway.

Okay i think it's better if you don't count me in. I can't promise to be able to post on time and i don't want to be the guy everyone is waiting for all the time ;) I guess in that case it's better if i stay out of it.

I'll grab a book Saturday, until then I do not know what I need to to say what I am. (What options are left?)

You can play a character from any loyalist chapter, though most would just proxy the rules of one of the well known chapters. Class options are tactical marine, assault marine, devestor marine (claimed), apothecary (claimed), librarian (probably claimed), and techmarine.

As much as I love Play by Post Roleplaying and would absolutely love it if we could do Warhammer roleplaying sessions here on the B&C, I believe their policy of no roleplaying on the forums is still the case. Sadly such is the case, as much as I'd wish they'd change it. I recall many appeals to try and lift that rule, particularly when Deathwatch and Black Crusade were released, but as far as I recall the rule has not budged.. :/

If it has changed, however, that would open a whole avenue of new things to do... Black Crusade Campaign, here I come...

I just re-read the forum rules and saw nothing mentioning rpgs one way or another, I am quite willing to run the game somewhere else if it is an issue.

The ++Other Games++ subforum has a couple of extra rules found in this thread here (found, stickied, at the top of the front page of the subforum): http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/92474-other-games-forum-rules/

Bearing in mind that the thread in question was created years before B&C opened it's gates to the Guard, so games like Necromunda are actually allowed now.

The important part, really, is post #2 and onwards. The policy has stood, now, for seven years. It is indeed a shame that such a policy was needed but I don't see it changing any time soon without real investment of time and effort on the Admins part (or at least the Mods). Don't get me wrong, I'd love to RP here. But given the reasons for disallowing it in the first place, I doubt it'll happen.

As much as I love Play by Post Roleplaying and would absolutely love it if we could do Warhammer roleplaying sessions here on the B&C, I believe their policy of no roleplaying on the forums is still the case. Sadly such is the case, as much as I'd wish they'd change it. I recall many appeals to try and lift that rule, particularly when Deathwatch and Black Crusade were released, but as far as I recall the rule has not budged.. :/

If it has changed, however, that would open a whole avenue of new things to do... Black Crusade Campaign, here I come...

I just re-read the forum rules and saw nothing mentioning rpgs one way or another, I am quite willing to run the game somewhere else if it is an issue.

The ++Other Games++ subforum has a couple of extra rules found in this thread here (found, stickied, at the top of the front page of the subforum): http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/92474-other-games-forum-rules/

Bearing in mind that the thread in question was created years before B&C opened it's gates to the Guard, so games like Necromunda are actually allowed now.

The important part, really, is post #2 and onwards. The policy has stood, now, for seven years. It is indeed a shame that such a policy was needed but I don't see it changing any time soon without real investment of time and effort on the Admins part (or at least the Mods). Don't get me wrong, I'd love to RP here. But given the reasons for disallowing it in the first place, I doubt it'll happen.

Having seen the rules I will not run the game on B&C. I will post a link to where the game will be played later.

Thanks Olis for taking the time to make sure the rules are clear.

Archived