[HH1.0] Blood Angels Tactica - Assault Cannons For Days

The Unseen

Explain to me how you'll get that Moritat there in the First Place, then.

You can no longer Phase Walker him across the Board and if that Super-Heavy is within a No-Scatter Deepstrike Bubble or outside an Interceptor Bubble, it deserves to get #REKT.

The Inferno Moritat is, like the Plasma Moritat before him, a One-Trick-Pony that is even more limited in scope since he has to be 6" or less Away from his Target to shoot it.

And if you Deepstrike him? Well, safest placement is 12" from anything that could screw that up so, guess what? He isn't shooting jack that turn.

I can imagine it now:

Tech Priest: Lord Sanguinius, we've just developed a new prototype weapon, we call it an Assault Cannon

Raldoron: Lord, the initial data suggests a propensity to jam which should be ad..

Sanguinius: Put it on everything

Azkellion: Perhaps an initial...limited de-

Sanguinius: EVERYTHING

Raldoron: but Lord, the jamming, surely more tests ar-

Sanguinius: DID I :cuss STUTTER?

And lo, the Blood Angels Legion took the Great Crusade in style. 

Edited by Slipstreams
DONT DODGE THE SWEAR FILTER

I can imagine it now:

Tech Priest: Lord Sanguinius, we've just developed a new prototype weapon, we call it an Assault Cannon

Raldoron: Lord, the initial data suggests a propensity to jam which should be ad..

Sanguinius: Put it on everything

Azkellion: Perhaps an initial...limited de-

Sanguinius: EVERYTHING

Raldoron: but Lord, the jamming, surely more tests ar-

Sanguinius: DID I F**KING STUTTER?

And lo, the Blood Angels Legion took the Great Crusade in style.

Haha that's EXACTLY how it happened

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE DODGE THE SWEAR FILTER.

WE HAVE AN EMOTE FOR THAT REASON AND ITS AGAINST BOARD RULES TO DO SO.

Edited by Slipstreams

Its fine LOL.

Also, gotta remember not to Hold Shift (like a man, Caps is for kids) when doing that :P 

ahhh today has been draining so sorry for any aggro.

Nope, any ba unit, including vehicles. If equipped with a heavy flamer, can swap out to assault cannon for 5pts

Though that means in certain cases they have to buy the Heavy Flamer first and then upgrade it for +5 over the HF Cost.

Nope, any ba unit, including vehicles. If equipped with a heavy flamer, can swap out to assault cannon for 5pts

Though that means in certain cases they have to buy the Heavy Flamer first and then upgrade it for +5 over the HF Cost.

The extra points cost over a heavy flamer purchase will stop exactly -1 Blood Angel players from upgrading no less than all the heavy flamers they have. 

Edited by Flint13

Of course

But..assault cannons..like assault cannons everywhere. I hope fw have assault cannon conversion kits ready because they are going to get assault cannon requests.

Assault cannon.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-NZ/Legion-Rotor-Cannon-Set-2015

Not like anyone else was using them :D

The photo I saw cut off at the deathfire rules.

This... Changes things. Hmm....

And you said they sucked :D.

Going back to what I was once told by a vet when I first started back in 4th, it pays to bum rush those [expletive relating to mother] blitzkrieg style since their so fast.

We can so a hammer and anvil style approach to BA where we deepstrike some assualt marines for pressure then flat out everything in turn for a turn 2 assault. Anything that's deemed scary gets destroyed by any assault cannons we got on the table.

I'm not sure if it makes up for other issues, but that is a lot of dakka. And you can never have enuff dakka. The points efficiency of multiple assault cannons on say predators, could help offset the horrible points inefficiency of assault marines.

Haha, rotors will convert well into nipple guns for a deredeo. Like a massive..massive fembot from Austin powers.

I'm not sure if it makes up for other issues, but that is a lot of dakka. And you can never have enuff dakka. The points efficiency of multiple assault cannons on say predators, could help offset the horrible points inefficiency of assault marines.

I have heard they are getting a price drop soon in the updated book..

I'm ordering some rotor cannons now.

And assault marines are so drastically overcosted its silly. 10 pts to lose bolter and fury of the legion, pick up EITHER a 12" move or a reroll charge+HOW. I'm now thinking that FW drastically undercut the legion rules as a whole, and to compensate, you can slap AC everywhere. Not exactly what I would've expected. Problem is going to be if that becomes an issue down the line, and they take away said option, thats going to be a lot of angry nerds. Though now I get the vehicle restrictions, but such a weird way of balancing that...

Blood Angel Deredeo to be best Anti-Flyer in game? Auto Include Heavy Support even?

2x Assault Boob Cannon's, 

Autocannon's.

That's a lot of Dakka.

Assuming this rule applies to walkers.

** Also keep in mind we could see assault marines drop in price dramatically come the new red book.

Edited by Vaz

Blood Angel Deredeo to be best Anti-Flyer in game? Auto Include Heavy Support even?

2x Assault Boob Cannon's, 

Autocannon's.

That's a lot of Dakka.

Assuming this rule applies to walkers.

** Also keep in mind we could see assault marines drop in price dramatically come the new red book.

Nope.

If the Deredeo chooses to neither move nor Run in its turn it may, if its controlling player wishes, gain the Skyfire and Interceptor special rules for that entire game turn (ie, both the controlling player’s turn and their opponent’s following player turn) for all of its weapons except its heavy bolters/ heavy flamers.

from the Deredeo PDF: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/PDF/Datasheets/Deredeo.pdf