[HH1.0] Blood Angels Tactica - Assault Cannons For Days

The Unseen

So I'm thinking of doing a side project of BA to work on, more for modeling less for gameplay. However for when games are to arise I'm wondering how well does a vets list work for the BA? My favorite imagery of the boys in red has always laid in the tactical marines so can we doing anything special or are we stuck with assault cannon spam to make them work?

Blood Angels are very good at punching people in the face. :)

I'd like to know if anyone has tried the baalcador out yet?

After a bit of research the marauder seems like a bad idea, over priced and useless in non aplocalapse games.

Baalcador seems like an interesting choice

I really want a LOW to use with day of revelation that is not the thunderhawk or stormbird

I mean lightning are really one trick ponies, they come in for a turn and unleash their devastating anti vehicle bombardment and aren't terribly useful for the rest of the game. That being said, if you constantly face an opponent who favors armor, yeah taking 2-3 lightings fully loaded with missiles would be a tad on the cheesy side. Definetly list tailoring for sure.  

I've been thinking about Blood Angels, particularly the Day of Revelation. In general I like the Chaplain consul upgrade. But in blood Angels with the blade of perdition his "free" power weapon seems wasted. Go with the mail for vehicles and take the blade too? Or go with another consul?

Here's the exact list I faced against on thursday. It was a BA recon company that was frighteningly fast:

Legion Praetor [195pts]

Artificer Armour, Digital Lasers , Iron Halo [], Jump Pack [], Mastercraft a Single Weapon [], Paragon Blade, Power Fist []

Vigilator [155pts]

Artificer Armour [], Combat Shield [], Hand flamer [], Jump Pack [], Melta Bombs [], Power Weapon []

Legion Centurion [327pts]

Artificer Armour [], Blade of Perdition [], Boarding Shield [], Bolter [], Melta Bombs []

Consul []

Praevian []

Vorax Class Battle-automata Maniple []

Vorax Class Battle-automata x3

Lightning Gun

Elites []

Apothecarion Detachment [135pts]

Legion Apothecary [70pts]

Additional Wargear []

Jump Pack [], Power Sword []

Legion Apothecary []

Additional Wargear []

Artificer Armour [], Power Sword []

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon [205pts]

Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [205pts]

Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, 2x Iliastus Pattern Assault Cannon []

Contemptor-Cortus Class Dreadnought Talon []

Cortus Dreadnought [135pts]

Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter

Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought [195pts]

Havoc Launcher [], Kheres Pattern Assault Cannons x 2 [

Troops []

Legion Assault Squad [430pts]

19x Legion Assault Space Marines []

Additional Wargear []

Combat Shields []

Power Weapon []

Power Sword

Power Weapon []

Power Sword

Power Weapon []

Power Axe

Power Weapon []

Power Axe

Legion Assault Sergeant []

Artificer Armour [], Power Fist []

Legion Reconnaissance Squad [235pts]

2x Chainsword/Combat Blade, 8x Legion Space Marines [], 6x Space Marine Shotgun

Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier []

Iliastus Pattern Assault Cannon []

Legion Sergeant []

Artificer Armour [

], Power Fist [], Space Marine Shotgun

Legion Reconnaissance Squad [195pts]

7x Chainsword/Combat Blade, 8x Legion Space Marines [], Replace Power Armour with Recon Armour, Space Marine Shotgun

Legion Sergeant []

Artificer Armour [], Inferno Pistol [], Power Weapon []

Legion Reconnaissance Squad [125pts]

4x Legion Space Marines [], 4x Sniper Rifle []

Legion Sergeant []

Sniper Rifle []

Legion Tactical Squad [145pts]

9x Legion Tactical Space Marines [90pts]

Additional Wargear

Bolters

Legion Tactical Sergeant []

Artificer Armour []

Power Weapon []

Power Axe

Fast Attack []

Legion Javelin Attack Speeder []

Iliastus Pattern Assault Cannon [], Twin-linked Cyclone missile launcher

Legion Land Speeder []

Graviton Gun [15pts], Iliastus Pattern Assault Cannon []

Legion Outrider Squad [180pts]

Inferno Pistol [], 4x Legion Space Marine Outrider []

Outrider Sergeant [45pts]

Inferno Pistol [15pts], Melta Bombs [5pts]

Power Weapon [10pts]

Power Axe

Heavy Support [220pts]

Legion Fire Raptor Gunship [220pts]

Four wing-mounted: [20pts]

Hellstrike Missiles [20pts]

Two Turrent-mounted:

Quad Heavy Bolter

Edited by depthcharge12

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm starting Blood Angels right now. I know that a new edition will land soon, but I love the Blood Angels (started an army back in 3rd edition) and have some bitz around. Plus my regular opponent plays Night Lords, so now I have a loyalist army to play against.

Right now I have build a praetor and two 10 men assault squads with power fist and 2 power axes. I want to play the Day of Revelation RoW and have some questions. The assault squads deepstrike at the beginning of my turn or the first turn whether it's mine or the opponents?

Thanks for your answers, the rules in the book are differently written than I encounter in other places (on the first turn of the game vs your first turn/the controlling players first turn) and english is not my native language. So I deep strike in my first turn, but the cover save lasts into my opponents turn?

I have a doubles event coming up next month and me and my buddy are going to run IF and BA siege of Terra style (he brings the faith I bring the FURY).

Due to the event rules we have to run together as a shattered legion so no days of revelation for me.  He is taking a proto BT list with Sigmund leading to 2 squads of Templar brethren in land raiders with apothecaries.

I figured since he was already meched up I we would use the armoured breakthrough ROW since he is fully compliant with the restrictions .  I am taking two vet squads and and I was wondering if it was worth it to take combi bolters.  I usually take 5 of them but between the 2 squads that is 100pts of one shot guns.  Is there a better way to outfit BA vets?  I am taking the marksmen tactics and will be putting them in a rhino with dozer and a pintle mounted assault cannon (because I can :tongue.: )

I also need a spot to put my Chaplain in a tank.  I was thinking of a tactical support squad with either flamers or volkite chargers with additional cc weapons.  Since these are assault weapons I can move and shoot as need to get into cc plus they are cheap.  The Chaplain will also have a boarding shield to help if I get charged.  I don't know which special weapon would be better.  

Also I am building this army from scratch last minute so lend me your strength and speed Sanguinius:biggrin.:

Well, if it's "Armoured Breakthrough" you're running, then you need 2 Predators to count as your Compulsory Troops. They can have Predator cannons and sponson-mounted weapons only.

Chaplain with a volkite squad would be pretty good.

Btw, how many points will these lists be?

This is our combined list.  We still have a few points left over to tweak things a bit but each our halves have to be 1500pts and I am at 1473.  I've got two preds in the list to qualify for the ROW and to avoid the tactical tax.  

Total 2913

HQ 360

130-Chaplin ,power maul, Blade of perdition , Melta Bombs, Boarding Shield , Artificer Armour

230-Sigmund

Elites 860

365-Legion Veteran Squad x10,  5x Combi Plasma Guns, 2x Plasma Guns, 2x Power Weapons, Melta Bombs ,Artificer Armour, Power Fist,  Rhino  Dozer Blade,  Assault Cannon

365-Legion Veteran Squad x10,  5x Combi Melta Guns, 2x Melta Guns, 2x Power Weapons, Melta Bombs ,Artificer Armour, Power Fist,  Rhino  Dozer Blade,  Assault Cannon

130-Apothecary x2  Artificer Amour, Power Sword

Troops 1563

115-Predator squadron, Lascannons Sponsons

115-Predator squadron, Lascannons Sponsons

253-Tactical Support squad x9,   Extra Close Combat Weapons, Artificer Armour,  Power Axe,  Melta Bombs,  Rhino, Dozer Blade, Assault Cannon

300- Templar Brethren x8, Combat Shields, Power glove , Land Raider 

330- Templar Brethren x9, Combat Shields,  Power glove , Land Raider

Fast Attack

Heavy Support 130

130-Laser Vindicator

Has anybody ever run a Blood Angels Praevian?

I was considering Thallax with jump packs to synergise with Day of Revelations. However apparently Thallax are not very good.

So I was starting to think about Castellax Battle automata with assault cannons and possibly power blades and a multi melta?

Why are Thallax not good ?

Also, how are you going to fit assault cannons on Castellax ?

I thought I could deep strike in with Thallax first turn, I think I am incorrect on that one.

Also I heard Thallax are points heavy for what they do?

Again I was incorrect with the castellax, I thought I could exchange their flamers for assault cannons via BA buff

• 1 month later...

Blood Angels Moritat w/ Dual Inferno + Land Raider of some sorts.

Bursts out, Chain Fires, and if he somehow manages to survive the incoming fire, he hops back into the Land Raider for a turn to reset the chain fire.

Rinse and repeat.

Thoughts?

He's still vulnerable in the turn he hops out and such.

But that's what moving the land raider in the shooting phase at top speed is for I guess.

Could even expend it to giving him a little destroyer posse and putting him in a scouting Proteus.