Hail Fellow Foundees

Damo1701

I initially began my Guard contingent as allies for my Imperial Fists.

I currently have:

2 Vanquishers + 1 to be built (Usually use a paskalike here)

3 Exterminators

1 Chimera

1 Valkyrie

3 Hellhounds (one to be built)

3 Guard squads (1 to be built, 2 used as veterans)

A command Squad

A commissar (to be built)

Since being signed off work for a while, I've used painting as a method to stop myself focussing on the pain so much, experimenting with my new airbrush, looking up tutorials, and playing with some soot weathering powder for exhaust vents etc.

When I get around to painting my Hellhounds, I'd like to learn how to paint the "rainbow" metal effect, usually associated with superheated metals that cool etc.

I'm also struggling on troop uniform colour.  I had originally thought about Yellow armour (like the Fists) with Rakarth Flesh/Nuln oil/Pallid Wych Flesh fatigues.  I'm questioning that now, because of how well my Chimera turned out (pics of that tomorrow).  

For now, here is a pic of my Exterminator Squadron Commander (squadron command tanks get a dude standing out the top lol).  Fists for this model:  Stubble/thin hair, working with browns (as I picked up the paints last week), working with the new greens.

As promised, some more pics, this time, completed armour.

The Chimera "Paddy Wagon" - Because the Commander of the Company (at present) throws a paddy every time something goes awry.

The Leman Russ "The Torment of Tanak" - A world that rebelled from the Emperor's light, and was quickly put down, this Leman Russ ended the lives of the rebel leadership as they attempted to flee the capital.

EDIT - Changed Hosting for Images

Currently, my half painted infantry are under my bed, in cases...  I want to get what I have out painted before I get them out...  But that probably won't happen, so sometime soon maybe lol.

Colour Scheme choice time.  I'm not to sure on how to play this now.  Bare in mind, I have an Imperial Fists army, a small force of Grey Knights, and a smaller force of Blood Angels (who are well and truly on hold for now)

Original scheme, I started this 2 years ago.

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae5/Damien_Smy/IMG_0554_zpsrgcb01wz.jpg

First alternate choice:

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae5/Damien_Smy/IMG_0553_zpsanxtaugr.jpg

Second Alternate choice:

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae5/Damien_Smy/IMG_0555_zpskzdbomrs.jpg

All feedback is welcome.  I am undecided.  My missus told me to paint each squad in each colour...  However, I'm not doing that.

Personally I like the 2nd alternative choice it looks more like combat fatigues. The first two while good look like dress uniform.

So possibly something for command squads?  Make them stand out a bit more?

Personally I like the 2nd alternative choice it looks more like combat fatigues. The first two while good look like dress uniform.

Yes or regimental advisors (MoO, OotF, Astropath, Commissars etc)

Yes or regimental advisors (MoO, OotF, Astropath, Commissars etc)

Currently, only have one commissar, and I was planning on teh traditional "Schola Progenium" offworlder that joins the regiment to watch over etc, therefore, I was going traditional black etc.  Possibly something like Hark from Gaunt's Ghosts.

Thanks for the input brothers.

I have decided that Alternate scheme 2 will be my main force colour.  Alternate scheme 1 will be for veteran squads.

I'll paint up a Company Command Squad as the Original scheme, as I feel that, that high up in the chain of command, they'd prefer their dress uniforms Lol.

Alternate 1 looks like bog-standard Cadians. Though I prefer that or alt 2 over the original scheme, but maybe that's just me being picky about Guardsmen looking similar to real soldiers. So far your army is very nicely done, and we expect to see more. Keep it up.

Archived