Lostrael's Dark Angels

Lostrael

I'm currently playing with the idea to do the devastators and a rhino. One of the two second hand rhinos I bought on Friday and just primed for the battle.
They looked horrible and I have next to no motivation to paint these moving tank traps.

The Librarian is currently not in shape to be painted and I would like to start as soon as possible.

*sigh* much to do

gallery_86236_11073_28555.jpg

You know, you could always enter the ETL with the librarian as a nurgle sorcerer on bike. He fits 100%. :laugh.: Joking aside, whatever you paint I'm sure it will be sight to behold. But to motivate you just a little, I vote for the Rhino and Devastators. Go Lostrael! Go!

You know, you could always enter the ETL with the librarian as a nurgle sorcerer on bike. He fits 100%. :laugh.: Joking aside, whatever you paint I'm sure it will be sight to behold. But to motivate you just a little, I vote for the Rhino and Devastators. Go Lostrael! Go!

The person who introduced me to 40K and miniature painting is a great devotee of Nurgle.

I'm sure he would be proud if I do so, but I will not give him this satisfaction.:devil:

If your Libby's not ready, it has to be Devs for me. I can't wait to see how you paint up the 'effects' on your heavy weapons. Looking forward to whatever you choose.

Weapon EFFECTS.:cry:

I'm not good at that...

gallery_86236_11073_29703.jpg

That's the problem with flamers; they're not very good against Monstrous Creatures! :tongue.:

True, but you would think otherwise when considering the fur that it leaves everywhere.

"Fortunately" for the marine it just wanted to snuggle up to him.:happy.:

"Fortunately" for the marine it just wanted to snuggle up to him.:happy.:

Fortunately for the marine, it's not Brother Arkelys cat

But seriously, your marines look better every time I scroll through your thread. Keep on rockin them out!

• 3 weeks later...

A bit more green...gallery_86236_11073_79980.jpg

gallery_86236_11073_60069.jpg

My phone camera has some problems with light on black background... though it looks nice.

gallery_86236_11073_52998.jpg

I should write something on the sergeants front, but I'm not sure what. Recommendations?

gallery_86236_11073_76760.jpg

gallery_86236_11073_16687.jpg

Sorry for not trying to paint weapon effects...:blush.: I have somewhere this rocket lying around.. may be later. :unsure.:

gallery_86236_11073_21790.jpg

May be I should have painted the weapon partially black.

gallery_86236_11073_32836.jpg

Last one is one of my eBay acquisitions... smaller base and some equipment in the wrong places, yet finally painted.

There is some time left for another vow... :biggrin.:

Edited by Lostrael

Good stuff, good stuff. Very good stuff. extremely good stuff. Did I say it's good stuff already? No? Well, it is good stuff.

Im not sure GRC said it enough, so ill throw in another "good stuff"!!! Beautiful greens buddy. I think ive said it before, but you truly do own your own style

• 3 weeks later...

Nurgle ensured that I take some time to finish my 3 vow. Just need to keep in mind to sneeze in the other direction. :wacko.:

gallery_86236_11073_23019.jpg

gallery_86236_11073_283539.jpg

I had some trouble with this resin model :dry.:

Bubbles, mold lines, gaps, a missing nose tip, all this kind of fun.

Had to rasp of some of the rivets to get the shoulder pads smooth and tried to replace them with small sand grains.

I'm not really happy with the result.

Is there a better way to create rivets?

For the rivets, I've seen people talk about actual tiny plastic rivets being available, or microbeads in the 1 mm or so size, but those might be too big for your work. Honestly, you can probably just do without them, they really aren't necessary on the pauldrons.

That said, Lostrael, I didn't realize I had never posted in your thread. Your painting is fantastic, I love the contrast you achieve and the highlighting is really great. Keep it up, I've really enjoyed looking through your thread in the last few months.

Edited by Bryan Blaire