Lostrael's Dark Angels

Lostrael

"Daddy Chappy, I wanne go purge those xenos there."

"I swear to god Nama, I'll hit you with my this big-ass stick if you keep nagging."

Chaplain gets a hit by Asmodai. "God?!! Heresy! I knew it!" 

Fantastic as usual Lost, shame he is so tall

I would say Sgt. Naaman is a head smaller than a usual scout -> perfect for scouting. Also the chaplain does not look that bad next to marines in MKIII armor or Cypher.
Maybe since some of their customers are getting older GW brings out big stuff easier to see and paint.:tongue.:

@Greenz: I'm also good at hiding the flaws by choosing the right angle of the photo.  :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

Days are getting shorter. The best time of a year to clear the backlog... or at least to try

I managed to finish Sgt Naaman... so small :happy.:

gallery_86236_11073_135596.jpggallery_86236_11073_270041.jpg

Next target is still soaking in alcohol. I'm not sure how to paint the banner.

gallery_86236_11073_74271.jpg

I'm curious to see if the codex will bring new stuff to paint.

Naaman looks good

As far as new releases go we should hopefully get an ultramarine style upgrade pack. I’m hoping for a robed squad of veterans too but we shall see.

[hic]...It is....[hic]....good...[hic]...to be drowned...[hic]...in alcohol...[hic]...from time...[hic]...to time. :wink:

By the way: very nice sgt. Naaman. Personally I don't like this model (design' wise) at all and that's way I'm going to use de-ultramarinesed sgt. Telion.

[hic]...It is....[hic]....good...[hic]...to be drowned...[hic]...in alcohol...[hic]...from time...[hic]...to time. :wink:

By the way: very nice sgt. Naaman. Personally I don't like this model (design' wise) at all and that's way I'm going to use de-ultramarinesed sgt. Telion.

This stuff is for cleansing not drinking even if your metabolism can handle this. :yucky:  

We're not a Space Wolves! 

Hmm yes, Sgt. Telion looks quite sexy with his beard. :wub:  Maybe at another time, GW offers him in resin.:dry.:

I don't think in need to do my penance in painting resin this year... painting 4 chaplains should count for something.  

As far as new releases go we should hopefully get an ultramarine style upgrade pack. I’m hoping for a robed squad of veterans too but we shall see.

But we already have both. Or do you mean a remake?

Yeah that wasn’t clear was it. I meant Primaris.

Edited by JJD

Yeah that wasn’t clear was it. I meant Primaris.

That may make them a bit more attractive. I find the regular Primaris marines currently quite boring.

It will be interesting what the new codex will bring. I hope they fix the banner bearer. Currently we have to use the one from the Index.

In place of bolt pistol and chain sword he has a power sword. I have not found a fitting arm that does not look out of place on this small model...

Beside I do not have the feeling that the effect of the banner is worth taking. :ermm:

gallery_86236_11073_229157.jpg

Perhaps I just just glue something in place and hope that they change it back again...

I made the banner of devistation for 6th ed giving him a bolt gun to make the most of the banner. That said I made my own company command squad using bit from comp vets, command squad and black knights.

• 1 month later...
This Christmas I have sinned... Fate decided that I had to side with the most vile forces. So count me among the Fallen.
(For this match only :ph34r.:) Even playing on the side of chaos they suspected me to have a secret agenda :sleep:
We had our yearly Christmas Warhammer 40K match. Or as I call it, Hunt for the Sweets.
4 vs 4, ~500 points per Person
Nurgle Marines / Mortarion / Mechanicum/ Imperium (Fallen + Dark Angels)
vs
Craftwork Eldar / Tau / Ultra Marines / Tyranids

The Objective: Collect as many sweets and eliminate them (only eaten sweets count)

I thought of making a battle report but I think it will suffice to say they did not like the gifts of papa Nurgle and started shooting at us.

I've taken some pictures... steel your souls and guts.

gallery_86236_11073_83062.jpggallery_86236_11073_33038.jpggallery_86236_11073_59248.jpg

My allies... or something like that

gallery_86236_11073_2593.jpg

gallery_86236_11073_122270.jpg

gallery_86236_11073_92159.jpg

by nechromus

up close, even more disgusting and awesome

gallery_86236_11073_156822.jpg

While Morti was bringing gifts...

gallery_86236_11073_154248.jpg

gallery_86236_11073_21703.jpg

others had to focus on collecting objectives.

gallery_86236_11073_144920.jpg

The zombies were more interested in some hmm sweet meat.

gallery_86236_11073_28026.jpg

too many sweets...

Fantastic as always Lost!

What else can be said? The freehand is out of this world awesome and the green is just sublime.

Thanks for sharing

:D

Stobz

Yup, what Mr. Stobz said :D

That banner is just beyond amazing. How’s that rhino coming along? ;)

Fantastic as always Lost!

What else can be said? The freehand is out of this world awesome and the green is just sublime.

Thanks for sharing

:biggrin.:

Stobz

Yup, what Mr. Stobz said :biggrin.:

That banner is just beyond amazing. How’s that rhino coming along? :wink:

Oh the rhino :sweat:

Umm this one?

gallery_86236_11073_9919.jpg

I nearly forgot it under this pile of basing stuff.

yes, maybe I should do this next:blush.:

How’s the Landspeeder coming along?

:tongue.:

Great to see you mended your mug too, waste not, want not. :wink:

oh that one from ebay... which I just patched up enough to play with:ermm:

At some point I will finish it. 

The mug... I think I fixed it 4 or 5 times already with various amounts of superglue and milliput. It's fine as long as you don't put it into a dish washer.:sweat:

Your skills are still unholy :tongue.: You have to be a traitor :tongue.:

So are you telling me that because I'm putting all* my skill and devotion to the First Legion, I must be a traitor. :huh.:

*beside of some small side projects

Chaos gifts come in all disguises dear Lostrael :)