Lostrael's Dark Angels

Lostrael

Superb ! I like the vibrant green !

And your base are not common ! What is your receipe for the red rocks ?

• put wood glue on a base
  • arrange some slate split in the wood glue
  • pepper it with rough sand
  • than with fine sand
  • let it dry
  • remove loose particles
  • paint it fully black
  • paint the slate dark red (I used here Scale Color deep red, but I guess any (dark/deep/heavy) red will do)
  • let it dry
  • dry brush with bone white (or any other bone color), the structure of the slate helps
  • paint marble lines with shaky hands in a mix of bone white and red.
  • put a black wash over the whole base
  • let it dry
  • highlight the smaller stones with green (goblin green or other) and add some happy little flowers in yellow

On the last step I use vallejo matt varnish on the red stones. It brings out the red and is more shiny than matt.

gallery_86236_11073_214833.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My new bike is ready. :biggrin.: Beware enemies of mankind. My invincible Apothecary is now fast and shoots with plasma.

The new Apothecary white and Talassar Blue are good additions. I'm a bit disappointed with Dark Angel Green. I tried it on some Hellblaster... they ended up in an alcohol bath. :sleep:

So I'll do it the usual way.

gallery_86236_11073_126812.jpg

gallery_86236_11073_157434.jpg

Works of art Lostrael, nothing less than that. One day I would like to see a photo of all your minis.

Well you could see the progress over the years that comes from practice. 

I have currently 3 wyches on my desk for repair. Some of my first 40k Models.

Not much impressive. 

I found them this morning on the floor only the head missing. :wacko.:

I like to think that my minis are making war on the shelf, but it was properly just a hunting monster. 

As beautiful as your paint job is Lost (because let’s be serious, they always are ;) ), what truly sells me on this mode is the base. The Genestealer arm hints at what the DA are doing on the planet, and the apothecary dismounting to take care of the dead marine just speaks volumes. Awesome work Lost!

You know what I just thought lost?

Whenever i think of your minis, i think ravenwing. But then i realised your greenwing were black too... are your greenwing heresy era? Or maybe... a more sinister group... i did see a certain duel wielding marine...

Okay, maybe it's a bit confusing. I have a regular Dark Angel army in green, black and bone. I have also black Dark Angels, to use them as 30k army. Since nobody I know is playing 30k anymore I use them as successor chapter.

the greens and some other stuff

gallery_86236_11073_311292.jpg

the blacks, bone and some other

gallery_86236_11073_522861.jpg

They bear the red sword over crossed scythes as their chapter symbol on the right and the Dark Angel legion symbol on the left.

gallery_86236_11651_72471.jpg

I'm still undecided on any details of organisation or the name of the chapter.

They are one of the chapters founded by Luther by order of the Lion, during the Great Crusade (see book: Wolf King -The Lord of Winter and War)

And perhaps I have used them in these clandestine situations when it seemed more appropriate to use black Dark Angels. :ph34r.: Please, don't tell that the Chaplains.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know why, but they were kind of annoying to cleanup and paint...

They had mold lines vertically crossing knee pads and legs. The guy who designed those molds should report in for a week penance. :down:

I don't like the Dark Angel contrast color, so I painted them in my usual green and it took ages.

Perhaps my successor chapter needs some primaris, so I can paint the other half of the box black.:biggrin.:

gallery_86236_11073_356029.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Okay I get it. I did not update this log for some time :blush.:

There was this Lieutenant...

gallery_86236_11073_432796.jpggallery_86236_11651_133983.jpg

I honestly like that half smile

gallery_86236_11651_79587.jpg

And Willfried my new Dreadnought.

gallery_86236_11073_86340.jpggallery_86236_11073_3471.jpg

I tested some new green mixes on him.

After an undercoat of Vallejo Heavy Green and some yellow-green dry brushing, I used a mix of dark green airbrush color and GW contrast medium.

It worked well, better than the green ink I usually use and it's easier to work with.

Tested that also on some legs of a marine.

... yes, just the legs

gallery_86236_11073_8905.jpg

maybe I'll do the rest of that marine in time :sweat: