Lostrael's Dark Angels

Lostrael

Yes, I used green stuff to find the pose, let it dry and than rip it apart, joint by joint and replace it with glue. 

That's how it usually works. Unfortunately it did not work this time. It seems he slowly slid into another pose. I found him lying on the back this morning. Perhaps he attempted a breakdance.  :rolleyes:

I’m a bit confused by the black Hellblaster. Didn’t you paint your last squad green.

I thought the black was for your heresy army and green for 40k.

Are you painting three dark angel armies 40k, 30k and a 40k successor.

They both look fantastic by the way. The can’t wait to see the contemptor what ever colour it ends up (wow auto correct does not like the word contemptor)

Edited by JJD

This painted contemptor is gonna be epic! Can’t wait !

Let's see. :blush.: I found the model easy to paint so far. Easier than the Redemptor. 

I’m a bit confused by the black Hellblaster. Didn’t you paint your last squad green.

I thought the black was for your heresy army and green for 40k.

Are you painting three dark angel armies 40k, 30k and a 40k successor.

They both look fantastic by the way. The can’t wait to see the contemptor what ever colour it ends up (wow auto correct does not like the word contemptor)

Paint my black Dark Angels for 30k and as a 40k Successor Chapter. Honestly I've given up the hope to play them ever in 30k. My friends prefer to play 8th edition now.   :sad.:

gallery_86236_11073_84126.jpg

gallery_86236_11073_245952.jpg

gallery_86236_11073_294915.jpg

I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to paint the angels wings on the chest in silver and gold... or if blue-white would have been better. At least it fits the color scheme of my Terminators.

I love that model, maybe I'll do a second when I worked of my current stack of FW models :wub:

gallery_86236_11073_84126.jpg

gallery_86236_11073_245952.jpg

gallery_86236_11073_294915.jpg

I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to paint the angels wings on the chest in silver and gold... or if blue-white would have been better. At least it fits the color scheme of my Terminators.

I love that model, maybe I'll do a second when I worked of my current stack of FW models :wub:

Either way, Lost, the dread looks amazing!!!

Such a great paintjob in such a small time frame. Well done sister, well done.

It like the wings on the chest, or those painted with glazes?  They seem too smooth to be metallics. I'm interested in how you paint your candles as well :biggrin.:

I took 2 days off :tongue.:

The color on the wings is just silver with a bit of blueish wash. The model itself was a really good cast and the new grey seer undercoat dries very smooth. Guess that's the reason why it came out so smooth and shiny.

The candles are just bone white and brown/sepia wash (army painter soft tone):huh.: