Lostrael's Dark Angels

Lostrael

Teach me your magic of highlighting black... amazing job

It is no magic,no matter what Lt. Arkley says. 

I cannot...

I used the old small round dry brushes from GW. Unfortunately they are no longer available. 

I've ask a retailer if he knows any other company selling similar brushes. He told me to change my painting style, because nobody is dry brushing mini anymore... :blink.: :wacko.: :cry:

Teach me your magic of highlighting black... amazing job

It is no magic,no matter what Lt. Arkley says. 

I cannot...

I used the old small round dry brushes from GW. Unfortunately they are no longer available. 

I've ask a retailer if he knows any other company selling similar brushes. He told me to change my painting style, because nobody is dry brushing mini anymore... :blink.: :wacko.: :cry:

That might be a gross understatement or even negligence!

Artis Opus has the Series D brushes which are for dry brushing and stippling techniques.

Cheapo make up brushes have the same sort of form, here's a Youtube video explaining how to use them https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W8b6AMf96Q&t=1366s

And there's even a professional painter on Patreon with some really good tutorials focusing on stippling and drybrushing https://www.patreon.com/bohunarts

Edited by stuka06

Talking about a small man with great potential. If the Primaris ever revolt, their kness would be screwed.

Stellar performance these last few months, sister from another mister. Your inclusion for the Badge of the Artificer is well and truly deserved.

Edited by GreyRavenC

Make-up brushes (smokey-eyes type) are great for stippling drybrush and smudging. Effects can be really amazing.

I never thought of using make-up brushes for this purpose. :biggrin.:

So this praetor is next.

Head or helm? The helm looks fierce but I could paint a bearded face... arrrg... decisions.

gallery_86236_11651_127946.jpg

gallery_86236_11651_109382.jpg

Yeah, it's a tricky business; you do such great faces and characters are the place for them, but mysterious helmet guy is mysterious.

You know you'll end up doing both, blu-tac is your friend :lol:

But FWIW, I'm not a huge fan of that head, do you have a hairier one available?

I do have some with more hair, but they also have beards and don't fit well into the terminator suit.

The thing I find weird is the pin on head. It looks to big.  

I'll go with your delayed decision approach and paint both heads.   :happy.:

testing green... again

I tested the mix of contrast medium and airbrush paint already, now I painted the rest of that marine.

May be that is the way to fast paint my left-over tactical marines and future primaris( if they don't wear robes, I won't enjoy painting them :P)

gallery_86236_11073_231020.jpg

Lost, that Contemptor is just all sorts of stunning! The subtle checker pattern on the power fist, the silver on the chest wings, all of it’s just awesome!

About that praetor, my vote goes to the helmet. It’s an amazing helmet, and while you do phenomenal faces, I’m not feeling that bare head on that body