My Sisters of Battle Army

dracpanzer

When the Immolator disappeared from the GW website I bought up several Exorcists to get some additional Rhino/Immolator kits.  Which left me with a bit of Exorcist bits laying around.  A quick trip to ebay for some cheap pre painted Rhino's, a few dozer blades I have had sitting around forever, and some cities of death bitz and I have the first of what will end up being six repressor conversions for my Sisters.  

The flat top hatch will be getting the stormbolter while the cupola gets the pintle mounted heavy flamer.  As much as I like the Exorcist armor plates, think I'll be off today to order some FW sororitas rhino doors to complete the look.  I haven't gotten to using any of the Immolator bling to dress the kit up just yet, but they'll probably be getting some before they go into the painting stage.

Finally have a bit of time today, so there may be a few more updates coming shortly on different parts of the project.  I find the church look of the vehicle to be just ridiculous enough to be exactly what a bunch of battle nuns would love to ride around in blowing stuff up.  As always, thoughts and comments appreciated!

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s74/dracpanzer/SoBRepressor1_zpsgm11ysod.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s74/dracpanzer/SoBRepressor3_zpstt2gjgxk.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s74/dracpanzer/SoBRepressor2_zpsfirlm33u.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s74/dracpanzer/SoBRepressor4_zpsxchu937c.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s74/dracpanzer/SoBRepressor5_zpsqfn2czsw.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s74/dracpanzer/SoBRepressor6_zpsnlav7z0t.jpg

Laud Hailers would look mint.

Something to remember is that the FW doors are actually the side doors and front plate - so you're going to have a lot of extra front plates!

I'd actually recommend only giving each of the six one FW side door, and switching up which door it is, to help give each vehicle a unique identity rather than looking mass-produced. Mass-production is for Guard and Arbites. Sisters' vehicles are shrines to their spirits.

If we're talking blinging up Sisters stuff, you might be able to find some Fluer-de-lys bits and bobs outside of the usual hobby sources, since it's a common enough design :p  I managed to find some ink stamps with them on which would make good panels.

Also things like grey knights and dark angels have lots of books and robed figure statuettes you can apply to personalise things further.

I like it... Have you considered adding some Laud Hailers to glam it up further?

I'll be doing something, I know that they should be blinged up, but honestly it usually isn't my style so I'll be looking for input. Where would you suggest a Laud Hailer go? If it weren't for WYSWYG conventions, I'd think of putting a laud hailer on the cupola as a cherub shaped heavy flamer. Which actually might work with the business end of the heavy flamer protruding from the end of the laud hailers horn.....

If we're talking blinging up Sisters stuff, you might be able to find some Fluer-de-lys bits and bobs outside of the usual hobby sources, since it's a common enough design tongue.png I managed to find some ink stamps with them on which would make good panels.

Also things like grey knights and dark angels have lots of books and robed figure statuettes you can apply to personalise things further.

I've got some of both, once I get all of them kit-bashed and assembled I'll start looking to make them more blingy. Currently clearing away some of the ebay assemblers bitz, all of them are well assembled but have a lot of extra's that I'm working to remove without scarring the stuff I want left on.

Laud Hailers would look mint.

Something to remember is that the FW doors are actually the side doors and front plate - so you're going to have a lot of extra front plates!

I'd actually recommend only giving each of the six one FW side door, and switching up which door it is, to help give each vehicle a unique identity rather than looking mass-produced. Mass-production is for Guard and Arbites. Sisters' vehicles are shrines to their spirits.

The FW front plates will either be cut down into the individual decorations to go somewhere or will go right back up on ebay unless someone wants them. Was going to order them today, so I have time to work other ideas into it.

I like the idea of stepping up the shrine/church angle of the build. Perhaps one FW door on each with the other side built to be a display for whichever relic bit I can put into it? Maybe even a recessed portion with a relic behind glass? Candles, scrolls and the like built up within the door, sealed behind glass and protected by the faith of the Sisters inside?

That would look really awesome actually, having a reliquary built into the side of the vehicle.

The Immolator sprue comes with a bunch of banner-tops that make excellent reliquaries. There's also the cameo portraits in there that would make a good centrepiece for a shrine.

'glass' covers for them would be really easy to do as well - you can simply cut them out of some plastic blister packaging, I know that every time I buy a cheap computer mouse or something it comes with a massive sheet of stiff, clear plastic.

That would look really awesome actually, having a reliquary built into the side of the vehicle.

The Immolator sprue comes with a bunch of banner-tops that make excellent reliquaries. There's also the cameo portraits in there that would make a good centrepiece for a shrine.

'glass' covers for them would be really easy to do as well - you can simply cut them out of some plastic blister packaging, I know that every time I buy a cheap computer mouse or something it comes with a massive sheet of stiff, clear plastic.

I'm really liking the idea, I need to get inside the bits to configure the layout of the shrine inside the door panel.  Wondering if there are window trim kits that might be appropriate perhaps from a church model or gaming source that could be the frame for the opening in the door to the shrine within.  An LED light might be in order as well.  Never done anything like that on a model, but it would be cool.  Thx!

Archived