Epic scale returns, but in a new scale.

Xwingt65

8mm seems like a something of a concession to existing players, as opposed to 10mm anyway.

as suggested 8mm titans would probably be a truer scale for 6mm than the existing models, and 8mm infantry might not be too jarring a difference... just squint a bit.

looking forward to seeing what unfolds anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Worst case scenario, keep buying old 6mm human infantry with the 8mm space marines to have true scale marines!

That's the thing though: at TRUE 6mm scale a Space Marine would be about 8mm.. one of the problems with the Epic 40,000 marine sprue was that the Scouts *were* true scale whilst the regular marines were the old so-called 6mm scale ones that were only 5.5mm talle. So I can't help but wonder given FW's Horus Heresy fixation if they aren't in fact going with True Scale 6mm but  referring to it as 8mm because that's how tall a marine - the infantry they're focusing on - will be. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah I spent a lot of time collecting and painting FW models and buildings that were brittle and expensive. I hope they do it right this time. GW made a mistake by not making another plastic starter like they did with Battle for Calth.

That was a "new" game and help bring in new customers by the truckloads.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived