Secutarii for 30k AND 40k

They are really running out of ideas for names. The Secutarius is another name for all the various chambers of Magos Militant. It's basically the minor Synod, or the house to the Synod's congress.

Anyway, when where how much?! *throws money*

Relevant blurb: Were from Adeptus Titanicus era. Titan Guard pretty much. Designed to work with the Titan Legions. Name is deviation of shield bearers. Grenade launcher systems and can lay down chaff etc.

Do we know if they will be available as a separate army to the Titans ? These look just so insanely awesome that they make me want to start them as allies for my Iron Warriors, but I don't want to start Titans either (slightly too expensive for a student :P)

From what I've understood, 40k skitarii won't be available in 30k as well, is that still the case ? If so, then that's quite sad :(

99% positive they will be just more variants of Skitarii since they seem to use them as a base. The shield guys are only half of the story, there are those chaff guys too.

Also, anyone notice that the main gun of the drone looks very much like a heavy arc rifle? That would make a sweet anti-flyer tank hunter as long as the missile aren't like large blast heavy bolters or something.

Do we know if they will be available as a separate army to the Titans ? These look just so insanely awesome that they make me want to start them as allies for my Iron Warriors, but I don't want to start Titans either (slightly too expensive for a student tongue.png)

From what I've understood, 40k skitarii won't be available in 30k as well, is that still the case ? If so, then that's quite sad sad.png

I believe FW have previously said that Skitarii would come with Mars, since they were largely a Mars thing in 30K while the other forgeworlds had their Taghmata instead.

If they release these titan guards though, Skitarii might not be far behind. They might want to change some things though.

For instance, Ironstriders were invented after the Heresy, although they showed up on a cover. (Maybe a variant that didn't have the perpetual engine?)

Then there is the whole phosphex STC getting lost and the Mechanicus started using phosphor instead. Imagine if every current phosphor weapon had rules similar to the Phoesphenix. Madness, so they will probably want to do something about those weapons.

Then we have rumours of Adeptus Mechanicus and Red Scorpions versus Tau I think, so there is a chance that 40K rules for titan guard will be in it.

The Skitarii are alongside the Taghmata and Titan Legions as the Triad-Magna of the Mechanicum. They're not part of either, but as they're also not yet fleshed out in 30K it's possible that their roots lie closer to one than the other.

Also, Codex: Skitarii mentions that a Macroclade is usually dedicated to serving as infantry support for to its Forge World's Titan Legion. Granted, that's 10,000 years in the future but the Secutarii could be an early form of that practice.

I can't remember (and I don't have my book with me) but did Mechanicum refer to Skitarii or Secutarii?

I remember it talking about Skitarii, I can't recall ever having heard of Secutarii before, though.

Archived