What about this updated Horus Heresy timeline just released?

Taliesin

I kind of wish this was at a better angle with a better camera. Pretty dang fuzzy looking at with a mobile. That said, whoever took the picture took a great shot.

Edit: just realised this must b from the Retribution seminar, so doesn't have the new events - my bad :P

like this?

P1210247.JPG

Shot in the dark here, but I'm going to guess that "Passage of the Angel of Death" is about the XIVth falling to Nurgle.

Unlikely unless he gets stuck in the warp for 3 years straight.

Probably Sanguinius getting back to Terra.

Stoked for the Titandeath, whatever the heck that is. It's alluded to all through Book VI but there's not much concrete info.

Shot in the dark here, but I'm going to guess that "Passage of the Angel of Death" is about the XIVth falling to Nurgle.

That's the idea, they seem lost and marooned forever so give in to Nurgle. 

The Serrated Sun were lost in the warp for what, 50 - 100 years?

Probably Sanguinius getting back to Terra.

Stoked for the Titandeath, whatever the heck that is. It's alluded to all through Book VI but there's not much concrete info.

It could also be Sanguinius, but I don't see him as the Angel of Death as much as Mortarion, who is literally the visage of Azrael in Western culture. We're also never told how long the Legion was stranded in the Warp, just that it occurred on the way to Terra.

I'll keep my money on it being Sanguinius, personally. Although you're right, they could have Mortarion enter the warp whenever. By similar logic, he could enter the warp immediately before the Siege in 014.M31, and then get trapped in the warp for what seems like 100 years anyway because time shenanigans. And then of course to the perception of real space it'd be like he exits near Terra only a little after he entered.

Also just noticed the 3 year Cataclysm of Iron and it jogged my memory to the Meet the Creators session at the Weekender. Bligh mentioned that Mars itself will probably not warrant a full book, or anywhere close; it's more of a "quick stab in the back" and will probably be a shorter section of a larger book mostly about the Mechanicum.

So, what about the Cataclysm of Iron? It's noted in the timeline section of Book VI as full-blown crazy time between a belt of major Forge Worlds. Four declare for the Traitors (Incunabula, Urdesh, Valia-Maximal & Kalibrax), three stay loyal (Graia, Arl'yeth & Atar-Median), and 2 are split in civil war (Arachnis & Jerulas Station). Seeing it feature on the timeline, I bet this'd be the better part of a book that goes heavy on the Mechanicum and maybe includes the bit on Mars.

Just speculation though.

edit: oh also, another thing I just remembered: note how Molech is missing on the Inferno seminar timeline. What's up with that??

Also from Bligh: Molech itself won't feature much in the FW book series. Maybe a section of a book. From the macro-scale perspective it's an even smaller battle than Manachea (in Book IV). However, the consequences of Molech will be felt. More chaosy Sons of Horus with the Luperci, House Devine, souped-up Horus, etc. Obviously, might still be quite a while before we get there.

edit: oh also, another thing I just remembered: note how Molech is missing on the Inferno seminar timeline. What's up with that??

Also from Bligh: Molech itself won't feature much in the FW book series. Maybe a section of a book. From the macro-scale perspective it's an even smaller battle than Manachea (in Book IV). However, the consequences of Molech will be felt. More chaosy Sons of Horus with the Luperci, House Devine, souped-up Horus, etc. Obviously, might still be quite a while before we get there.

Actually, it's the first entry up top in the 008.M31 column...

+ Edit : oh and thanks for the writeup, helps make even more sense of the timeline!

Also from Bligh: Molech itself won't feature much in the FW book series. Maybe a section of a book. From the macro-scale perspective it's an even smaller battle than Manachea (in Book IV). However, the consequences of Molech will be felt. More chaosy Sons of Horus with the Luperci, House Devine, souped-up Horus, etc. Obviously, might still be quite a while before we get there.

Actually, it's the first entry up top in the 008.M31 column...

+ Edit : oh and thanks for the writeup, helps make even more sense of the timeline!

Oops. Good catch! I thought I looked pretty hard for it but I think the weekender experience has fried my brain a little.

That's the idea, they seem lost and marooned forever so give in to Nurgle.

The Serrated Sun were lost in the warp for what, 50 - 100 years?

Hmm, no. The Gal Vorbak were only in the Eye of Terror for seven months. The First Heretic, Paperback, Page 205.

Of course, their seven months only took sixty seconds to pass in realspace.

It doesn't have to take an eternity to drive men mad. But even with the power of the warp, an eternity can be made into the blink of an eye.

Lots of interesting new things, I'm salivating at the thought of Forge World covering so much biggrin.png

Unless I've missed anything, new things we don't yet know anything about (I don't anyway tongue.png ):

31,006: The Sundering of Zhao-Arkad

31,008-31,009: The Vannaheim Campaign
31,010-31,013: The Cataclysm of Iron
31,011: The Scouring of [something]
31,011-31,013: The Passage of the Angel of Death
31,012: Breaking of Anvilus (a forge world I believe?) + The Wolf Cull
31,013: The Sea of Fire + The Titandeath + Great Slaughter of Beta-Garmon (Beta-Garmon was mentioned in relation to the Silver Skulls in FW's 40K stuff I think)

Lots of interesting new things, I'm salivating at the thought of Forge World covering so much biggrin.png

Unless I've missed anything, new things we don't yet know anything about (I don't anyway tongue.png ):

31,013: The Sea of Fire + The Titandeath + Great Slaughter of Beta-Garmon (Beta-Garmon was mentioned in relation to the Silver Skulls in FW's 40K stuff I think)

The Great Slaughter of Beta-Garmon is a battle between Salamanders and Legio Astorum vs. Emperor's Childen and Legio Mortis (see White Dwarf 110)

31,008-31,009: The Vannaheim Campaign

Oh cool, the Vannaheim Campaign is another one listed in the new Book VI timeline. It's listed as "The Vannaheim Space Drop," against a planet of orbital hives. Looks like the Iron Warriors try to drop the hives, some nearby Space Wolves try to stop them, and kind of fail horribly. Adding insult to injury, the Iron Warriors jack their grand cruiser along the way.

edit: ah, I just found Beta-Garmon in the timeline as well. Lord Khammon has it right. Awesome how some of these are coming together :)

Archived