Hatred from Monarchia: A WB log (Warning, pic heavy)

Rayray

Thanks. That kit is such an awesome deal and a wonderful set of models to work with. My only problem so far is holding back some of the warp taint I usually put into my models.

Not too much for an update, but slow and steady wins the race and avoids burnout.

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg512/sepherum/763b539b-79a3-4783-86e2-acd3d3267017.jpg

Flocking went easy, and all 40 marines are flocked, along with the terminators, chaplain, and contemptor. I am still debating on what to make the last 20 marines into and how to gear the 2nd contemptor, but hey, at least something was done while debating!

• 4 weeks later...

Woooo!! Rayray joins the AoD. Now I do not have to sully myself looking into the Chaos sub-forums  :D

Looking nice and sharp with the B@C models. It seems the Ruinstorm has not overtly tainted them yet.

Are you using the transfers supplied with the set on your Word Bearers?

Woooo!! Rayray joins the AoD. Now I do not have to sully myself looking into the Chaos sub-forums biggrin.png

Looking nice and sharp with the B@C models. It seems the Ruinstorm has not overtly tainted them yet.

Are you using the transfers supplied with the set on your Word Bearers?

Definitely. I ordered six extra sets of transfers, and want to keep portions of the army, namely rank and file, clean and pre corruption.

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg512/sepherum/Contempt1.jpg

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg512/sepherum/Contempt2.jpg

This will also be the last I work on my dudes more than likely until I finish with a storm lord. Having a few days to get back into painting my dudes has been good, and said storm lord got his base coat, so im in good shape to make some good progress. Thanks for the compliments!

P.S.- Might be a while before I use daemon allies

Have you figured out your last 20 marines yet?

You could run 2x 10 man veteran tacticals, or a couple of 5 man support squads, such as 5 plasma gunners, 5 missile launchers or 5 Heavy bolters to back up the tactical teams

Or 1 x 10 man tactical veteran with 2 weapons and a sergeant with combiweapon, either missile launche or HB with suspensor web to make it a assault weapon but half range, then go with sniper or tank hunter. If you have spare Heavy flamers kicking around they are good too

1x tactical support team with plasma, which will shred troops 1 x 5 man heavy support with either HB or ML, depending which you used for your tactical veterans

You'll have 6 combi weapons if you haven't used any yet as well, so maybe a seeker squad or something similar, or give all the combi weapons to any spare terminators, such as chain fist and combi meltas, for toasting other termi's or tanks. Although combi plasma would give double the shots, but is not an assault weapon, so you couldn't charge in after using it.

This will generally stand you in good stead as an all comers army giving you a fair amount of flexibility against most armies.

You will still struggle with high AV though as no lascannons in the set :(

Well, all things considered I may convert some lascannons. I'll have to check through some stuff. Really though, I want to figure out getting in more chainfists, but that usually entails more elite slots. Idk, maybe another dreadnaught talon? 

I'm leery of support squads that have melta. WLK has brought the fact that ceramite armor is common to my attention a few times....

That's why I didn't suggest melta, except on the terminators, which can deepstrike in and try to nuke something, or can rip it apart with their chainfists.

These guys are your big game hunters.

Melta supports have to get pretty close so run the risk of being assaulted or shot to death if they under perform.

Atleast the plasma guys can shoot twice from 24" and at AP2 should ruin most squads day. Especially in 30Kwhere "and they shall know no fear" does not yet exist. Plus light vehicles will be scared to death of them.

Nuke a rhino with the support squad and then fury of the legion against whatever pops out with your tactical squad.

You could run a 10 man support team if you had the bits, but I am just thinking of what to use purely from within the boxes.

Ah, going for concussive to knock your opponents down to Initiative 1 eh?

Sneaky. A good leveler for fighting Primarchs I guess.

I saw a batrep, where Matt from MWG used his Salamander firedrakes to Concuss Angron, so Vulkan could then curb-stomp him in relative safety.

Hmmm... Maybe WLK should run some Sallies. COuld be useful against bloodthirsters and the like msn-wink.gif

Archived