Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Black Shields Tactica

Shattered Legions Knights Errant Black Shields

• Please log in to reply
615 replies to this topic

rendingon1+

rendingon1+

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,307 posts

that makes sense!!

Just trying to get my rules mechanics and such!

would be cool to have some robot sidekicks kicking around thoughteehee.gif

Would people equip terminators with mixed combi weapon loadouts?

I have some models with a few combi-meltas and plasmas and a plasma blaster. just wondering if it's a good decision to keep them as is?

In large games you can do 50/50 mixed terminator squad. I was experimenting with plasma melta 8-9 strong squad some time ago. Again, it really depends (terrain, RoW, turn they arrive, what opponent already has on the table...) BUT in Orbital Assault you can teleport them, pop vehicle with melta/shred some infantry with plasma and use spent combi termies as a shields and then you can use other combi. Very difficult to pull it off, unit is very expensive and generally not worth it. Especially vs the same opponent hehe.

• Nomadic Thunder likes this

Nomadic Thunder

Nomadic Thunder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 38 posts

Those cataphractii look sweet @Gorgoff i like the shoulder pads and the bolters i think i prefer over the standard combi after seeing them like that, less like a big brick and more like something actually holdable, would they be possible to magnetise like that so you can swap between melta & plasma for example?

@rendingon1+ i can imagine that to be quite a bit of a fire magnet, a 2+/4++ meatshield is quite something though teehee.gif

rendingon1+

rendingon1+

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,307 posts

Sure it is, that's why using this unit is difficult (and as I said not really worth it). And I forgot BS can't use RoWs, shame on me. Anyway, do as Gorgoff adviced and better do not mix :)

• Gorgoff likes this

Gorgoff

Gorgoff

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,944 posts
  • Faction: IVth Legion

Those cataphractii look sweet @Gorgoff i like the shoulder pads and the bolters i think i prefer over the standard combi after seeing them like that, less like a big brick and more like something actually holdable, would they be possible to magnetise like that so you can swap between melta & plasma for example?
teehee.gif

Sure, all you have to do is put a magnet on top of the hand and on under the gun where the grip should be.
Since I'm way to lazy for this I simply build both variants.
Here're my Combi-meltas:
https://www.instagra...id=dtrj4g9zycnz
Bring back Psycho Dad!
gallery_48988_10980_12646.png

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,370 posts
Going back to my idea for Blackshields of Dark Compliance...

The idea currently revolves around Ogryns deep striking in with a Warmonger. Awesome, I know. Fluffwise they'd be crazy super Astartes Bred to go on suicide strikes.

In terms of combos, what do you think to combos of Rought by War and Provinances of War...?

I think Outlanders could be very nice, letting the Astartes all deep strike while the Militia hold the line etc. Would probably so survivors and helots for the added toughness too, but I'm sure others are viable.

I'd avoid Chimerae as they aren't allowed allies so it seems a little out of spirit.

Thoughts?

Gorgoff

Gorgoff

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,944 posts

Going back to my idea for Blackshields of Dark Compliance...

The idea currently revolves around Ogryns deep striking in with a Warmonger. Awesome, I know. Fluffwise they'd be crazy super Astartes Bred to go on suicide strikes.

In terms of combos, what do you think to combos of Rought by War and Provinances of War...?

I think Outlanders could be very nice, letting the Astartes all deep strike while the Militia hold the line etc. Would probably so survivors and helots for the added toughness too, but I'm sure others are viable.

I'd avoid Chimerae as they aren't allowed allies so it seems a little out of spirit.

Thoughts?

Half of the Astartes can deep strike.
Bring back Psycho Dad!

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,370 posts
Sorry, that's what I meant. Was more saying the general game plan.

Thoughts?

Brofist

Brofist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,131 posts
  • Faction: 13th Grand Battalion
You'll want a command rhino so you can deploy your units reliably from deepstrike. Probably some other forward units with coms.
sig.jpg

#powerfisted30k, #tacticalstrikeplus
Download Tactical Strike Plus
Check out my Corpse Crow militia and Iron Warriors: Army Thread
My Painting Blog: With Tutorials, WIPs, and Bad Puns

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,370 posts

You'll want a command rhino so you can deploy your units reliably from deepstrike. Probably some other forward units with coms.

Don't think I'd have the slots for it...

Warmonger, Reaver Lord, Militia HQ for Provinances!

While the Reaver Lord could be dropped, he's too cool to. I'd probably pick up the slack with recon Squads/ recon humans nuncio voxes or similar perhaps?

Gorgoff

Gorgoff

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,944 posts

Don't think I'd have the slots for it...

Warmonger, Reaver Lord, Militia HQ for Provinances!

While the Reaver Lord could be dropped, he's too cool to. I'd probably pick up the slack with recon Squads/ recon humans nuncio voxes or similar perhaps?
I played a couple of times with militia and always with a human recon squad. They performed very well.
Bring back Psycho Dad!

Brofist

Brofist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,131 posts
  • Faction: 13th Grand Battalion
I'd drop the warmonger then. If you're already deep striking in so many units, you want them in reliably imo.
sig.jpg

#powerfisted30k, #tacticalstrikeplus
Download Tactical Strike Plus
Check out my Corpse Crow militia and Iron Warriors: Army Thread
My Painting Blog: With Tutorials, WIPs, and Bad Puns

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,370 posts

I'd drop the warmonger then. If you're already deep striking in so many units, you want them in reliably imo.

But I want to deep strike the Ogryns... Haha that's the main point of the experiment really!

Edited by Charlo, 15 April 2019 - 11:01 AM.

Gorgoff

Gorgoff

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,944 posts

But I want to deep strike the Ogryns... Haha that's the main point of the experiment really!
Put four in a Dreadclaw and attach a Chaplain.
WAY better unit.
Bring back Psycho Dad!

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,370 posts

Put four in a Dreadclaw and attach a Chaplain.
WAY better unit.

You know, that's not a bad idea. However I think they'd deserve a Khyrbdis....

Plaguecaster

Plaguecaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,990 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
Black shields get acces to all the new stuff from Malevolence like the Esoterist, Psyarkana and Nullifacators right?
I got hold of the latest book Malevolence and really love the idea of having a Esoterist being part of a Chymeriae force mainly for fluff reasons trying to use the warp / chaos against the enemy
Just can’t work out which is the better powers for him Sanctic or Malefic and if any of the Psyarkana are worth taking
Nurgle Abominarions: A Host of Decay Revived for 8th​.
UPDATED 29/07/17

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,370 posts

Black shields get acces to all the new stuff from Malevolence like the Esoterist, Psyarkana and Nullifacators right?
I got hold of the latest book Malevolence and really love the idea of having a Esoterist being part of a Chymeriae force mainly for fluff reasons trying to use the warp / chaos against the enemy
Just can’t work out which is the better powers for him Sanctic or Malefic and if any of the Psyarkana are worth taking

They get access to everything as normal.

But still are limited by a single Consul and cannot obviously take any "Preator" only wargear as they do not have Preators etc.
  • Plaguecaster likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shattered Legions, Knights Errant, Black Shields

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users