[HH1.0] White Scars Tactica

Ironwithout

I'm toying with ideas now. But I love the rite of war. Pair it with say a squad of seekers in a proteus and web to get that reroll on reserves, they're just too good with the addition of outflanking and all combi plasma.

Use them and javelin speeders to bring in a sicaran and venator then fill out the rest with bikes is awesome.

I do want to do two out rider squads. One five man with plasma, the other six man with three glaives.

Then jetbikes. Two squads of six should suffice with melta bombs and Volkite. Then a command squad with praetor and Medicae on jetbikes as well with all glaives. This whole force seems like fun! I can't wait for a stormbird now to play with.

I'm toying with ideas now. But I love the rite of war. Pair it with say a squad of seekers in a proteus and web to get that reroll on reserves, they're just too good with the addition of outflanking and all combi plasma.

Use them and javelin speeders to bring in a sicaran and venator then fill out the rest with bikes is awesome.

I do want to do two out rider squads. One five man with plasma, the other six man with three glaives.

Then jetbikes. Two squads of six should suffice with melta bombs and Volkite. Then a command squad with praetor and Medicae on jetbikes as well with all glaives. This whole force seems like fun! I can't wait for a stormbird now to play with.

This is an awesomme idea. Although only characters can take the glaives so the command squad can't ond only the sargents on the outriders can Edited by Ironwithout

Well that does kind of suck. I was hoping to throw it on all toys. I don't know if it's worth it to wait for the new Red Book with point changes to drop with some rules addition or just model them all with glaives and use them as counts-as power swords and hope that command squads will get the character rule.

holla

I see you all have start discussing about the scars :D 

So I've seen the new legion rules and the Chogorian Brotherhood RoW

and I've gotta say they are quite brutal

So do you think,,can I build a 1000 points army of WS with the Chogorian Brotherhood RoW?
So it's all jetbikes,like the one in the Brotherhood of the Storm Novella.

and I was hoping that there is 1 squad where the Centurion/Khan could team up and chop people up with their Guan Daos

What about something like:

HQ

Delegatus - Jetbike, AA, Refractor Field, Glaive, Melta Bombs

Command Squad x4 - Jetbikes, 4x Power Weapons, Melta Bombs

TROOPS

Jetbikes x6 - Volkite x2, Melta Bombs

FAST ATTACK

Outriders x6 - Plasma Guns

Outriders x3 - Melta Guns, Melta Bombs

HEAVY SUPPORT

Sicaran Battle Tank - Lascannons, Ceramite

Sicaran Venator - Ceramite

Should be 2000 points on the dot (can't be certain since Battlescribe hasn't got the new Rites or wargear yet). Jetbikes handle all your AA, and can charge in with MB in a pinch. The 3 Outriders with melta are suicide tank hunters, and the plasma Outriders hunt TEQ's. The Sicaran's are there to absorb AT fire and hopefully take out any vehicle threats.

What about something like:

HQ

Delegatus - Jetbike, AA, Refractor Field, Glaive, Melta Bombs

Command Squad x4 - Jetbikes, 4x Power Weapons, Melta Bombs

TROOPS

FAST ATTACK

Outriders x6 - Plasma Guns

Outriders x3 - Melta Guns, Melta Bombs

HEAVY SUPPORT

Sicaran Battle Tank - Lascannons, Ceramite

Sicaran Venator - Ceramite

Should be 2000 points on the dot (can't be certain since Battlescribe hasn't got the new Rites or wargear yet). Jetbikes handle all your AA, and can charge in with MB in a pinch. The 3 Outriders with melta are suicide tank hunters, and the plasma Outriders hunt TEQ's. The Sicaran's are there to absorb AT fire and hopefully take out any vehicle threats.

that that is brutal,but any ideas on how to shrink it to 1000 pts?

975 points gets you:

HQ

Delegatus - AA, RF, Melta Bombs, Glaive, Jetbike

TROOPS

Jetbikes x6 - Melta Bombs, Volkite x2 (HQ here)

Outriders x3 - Plasma Guns

FAST

Outriders x3 - Melta Guns

HEAVY

Sicaran Battle Tank - Ceramite, Lascannons

Again, the caveat is that the points might be off, but these are pretty nasty lists at 1 and 2k points!

Exsanguis has written a really solid list. The only thing i would change is drop the melta bombs off the Delegatus which leaves 30 points. Give the 6 man jetbike unit a sargent and power glaive as the character is going in there Edited by Ironwithout

Unfortunately, those lists are illegal because of the Rite of War restrictions. This is the Chogorian Brotherhood, copied from 1d4chan, but edited for better clarity:

Ride Like the Wind:

- Outriders and Skyhunters count as Troops choices & scoring units, not Fast Attack any more.

Lightning Strike:

- Bikes and Jetbikes get Hit & Run.

- Infantry not in a Vehicle, or Vehicles with more than 3 HP that do not have the Fast type, must begin the game held in Reserve.

- Infantry units without any Heavy, Salvo or Ordnance weapons get Hit & Run and Outflank.

- Infantry units with any Heavy, Salvo or Ordnance weapons just get Hit & Run.

Restrictions:

- Outriders or Skyhunters must be the compulsory Troops choices.

- The Warlord must have a Bike or a Jetbike.

- Can't have more Heavy Support than Fast Attack.

A couple of pointers:

- most vehicles are fine to start on the board, as only some have 4 HP or more.

- you can have Terminator Squads in Land Raider DT's that Outflank! Just don't give them Reaper autocannons, as they'll lose that Outflank.

- Tactical Squads on foot must go in Reserve, but they gain Outflank and H&R. Put them in a Rhino and they can either start on the board or Outflank. Not that you need Tac Squads.

I'm thinking that Javelins and Landspeeders are going to be popular, as they fill Fast Attack slots cheaply, letting you get more Heavy Support choices on the board. It's also super fluffy, and pretty damn strong a RoW, especially when you have power glaives on some characters! :)

Edited by Caillum

Caillum the wording the jetbikes having to be troops is wrong. It only specifies compulsory troops have to be jetbikes or outriders not jetbikes and outriders haven to be troops. I dont believe im alowed to link the rules now as the book is now up for pre order Edited by Ironwithout

Here's something I was discussing with Hesh that might be useful:

"Also, Dreadclaws are god tier for WS. It's an assault transport, but also gets +1 to cover save (read 3+ jink) when moving more than 12". It doesn't even specify that it has to be during the movement phase! Oh, and to top the cake, it gets rerolls of 1's to wound with the flame attack.

Oh, did I mention it's a fast attack slot...so that means you satisfy your 1 FA before HS usage for your LA rules?"

"Also, Dreadclaws are god tier for WS. It's an assault transport, but also gets +1 to cover save (read 3+ jink) when moving more than 12". It doesn't even specify that it has to be during the movement phase! Oh, and to top the cake, it gets rerolls of 1's to wound with the flame attack.

Oh, did I mention it's a fast attack slot...so that means you satisfy your 1 FA before HS usage for your LA rules?"

It would if it had the Legions Astartes special rule which is a real shame. Saying that your point does stand it is incredibly useful for WS just doesnt have all the benefits you listed Edited by Ironwithout

It would if it had the Legions Astartes special rule which is a real shame. Saying that your point does stand it is incredibly useful for WS just doesnt have all the benefits you listed

Maybe I misread the rumors, but I thought vehicles also get rerolls of 1's to wound and +1 to cover saves if they moved 12"?

As for the 3+ save, you get a 5+ jink (which is a cover save), +1 for flat out, +1 for LA:WS.

It would if it had the Legions Astartes special rule which is a real shame. Saying that your point does stand it is incredibly useful for WS just doesnt have all the benefits you listed
Maybe I misread the rumors, but I thought vehicles also get rerolls of 1's to wound and +1 to cover saves if they moved 12"?

As for the 3+ save, you get a 5+ jink (which is a cover save), +1 for flat out, +1 for LA:WS.

Just checked to make sure. It does specify vehicles but it still says with the LA:WS. Im assuming they put that in so we had no debate about whether Land Speeders got the benefit

Could you imagine if it was right though. Fire Raptors with 3+jink re rolling 1s to wound. Ouch

Edited by Ironwithout

Just checked to make sure. It does specify vehicles but it still says with the LA:WS. Im assuming they put that in so we had no debate about whether Land Speeders got the benefit

Could you imagine if it was right though. Fire Raptors with 3+jink re rolling 1s to wound. Ouch

Lol a vehicle, but with LA:WS? That doesn't make sense :D

Care to explain?