+ 126th Grand Company - Iron Warriors +

Monstra Sumus

Nicely done! I like your painting abilities!

I also take it your grinding through the contents of two betrayal at calth boxes to build the basis of your army?

Edited by lokkorex

Nicely done! I like your painting abilities!

I also take it your grinding through the contents of two betrayal at calth boxes to build the basis of your army?

Thankyou for the kind words, Iokkorex!

Actually, it's just the one box and a bit of resourcefulness! 

Khanat slammed down into the courtyard, his eyes narrowing behind his visor, bis breath coming in short and sharp growls. The Primarch moved on the capital, bringing their might against the bastion walls of the Palace; yet here he was, out on the flank of the main thrust, tasked with subduing outlying fortresses so that their guns could be turned against the walls of the Emperors defence. The work suited him because that is what he saw it as. Butchering fellow Astartes wasn't glorious war or righteous vengeance like some of the other Legions preached, it was simply work. His chainblade sputtered to a halt, flicks of meat and bone splashing away onto the cracked flagstones. A pall of smoke drifted across the interior of the bastion and he took two steps forward before his men thudded down onto the hardpan behind him. Fanning out into a vee, he strode cautiously forward, his helmet flicking left and right.

It was merely a second before the gun fire started that his helmets sense alerted him. The chattering boom of a heavy bolter spat streaks of hot white in their direction, sawing one of his Astartes in half at the waist. The soldier crashed to the ground, torso and legs coming down in different directions. To the warriors credit, he began to return fire while his life blood pumped out of his ruined body. Khanat threw himself forward, skidding across the concrete floor to seek cover behind crumpled barricades. His squad spread out, finding cover where they could. His helmet pinged responses back to him, one heavy weapon and two support weapons. It seemed the Fists wouldn't let their approach go unanswered. Good, he thought.

Mass reactive rounds punched chunks out of the wall section he crouched behind, peppering his upper body with a rain of stone. Touching his vox he sent a support request to the second element of the 126th that had been assigned to his task force. Khanat risked a glance over the ruined wall to survey the enemy position. A round smashed through the command crest upon his helm. His head snapped back and he sought refuge behind cover once more. The ringing in his ears balanced out just in time to hear the thunderous impacts against the bastion wall. Cresting the battlements behind the enemy position came a terrifying sight to behold. Rising up from the fog of war came a behemoth of burnished iron and savage intent. Warhorns blared a shout which distorted into vicious machine shriek, one gigantic wrecking claw crumpled the top of the wall as the Contemptor hauled itself over and down into the courtyard.

Slamming down with enough force to knock one of the enemy legionnaires off their feet, the dreadnought rose to his full imposing height with a squeal of pistons. Thrusting his combat claw forward his blasted one warrior with the built in bolter weapon, his multi barreled assault cannon splitting the air with its scream as he flexed his gun arm back and forth. Khanat stood up from his defensive position and watched with mounting impatience as the dreadnought, Falx, cleared the way to the inner bunker entrance. Falx was screeching throughout the ordeal, a terrible wail of static. The sergeant watched as the war machine marched on, the heavy bolter chipping away his torso armour, trying to breach the up-armoured helmet. With a sound like a mountain splitting he saw Falx kick the heavy weapons away; his torso spun and he punched his battle claw through the upper body of a second Imperial Fist. The third came forward, clutching the red tube of a krak grenade, but Falx stove his head in with the reinforced bar underneath his assault cannon.

Khanat came out from behind his cover, signalling his squad to form up as the lumbering form of Falx began to pound at the bunker door. Economical, piston driven, thundering punches hammered into the heavy blast door until it crumpled under the assault. Tearing it away the dreadnought roared again, unleashing a hail of bullets from his assault cannon into the bunkers interior. The massive machine then began smashing its bulk through the doorway, widening the entrance enough to advance. Khanat locked his bolter to the magnetic strip on his thigh and began to pick coagulated chunks from between the teeth of his blade. It would be a while before Falx had cleared the interior and he was in no rush. There would be no reinforcements coming for the Imperial Fists.

gallery_41766_11734_1337924.jpg

gallery_41766_11734_131898.png

gallery_41766_11734_19561.png

gallery_41766_11734_135536.jpggallery_41766_11734_781148.png

So, for a giggle I figured I'd turn this into a proper "To the Gates of Terra" force and do a small allied force of Emperor's Children. That being said, this army isn't for competitive play at all, it's for fun and for fluff. So I think Iron Warriors will be my main army with allied Traitor Legion detachments I can bolt onto it to simulate different era's or battles.

So my (wish)list I'm gearing towards for the moment is as follows:

+Iron Warriors+

• Barban Falk/Siegebreaker in Cataphractii armour with combi melta and chain fist.
  • Kharnasus/Praetor in Artificer with Paragon Blade and Plasma Pistol.

- Command Squad with Combi-Plasma and Power Swords.

• Tactical Squad with Vexilla, Nuncio-Vox (10 men, bare bones.)
  • Tactical Squad with Vexilla, Nuncio-Vox (10 men, bare bones.)

• Contemptor Dreadnought with Kheres Assault Cannon and DCCW.
  • Tyrant Siege Terminators with Chain Fists (5 men to accompany Siegebreaker for tank hunter goodness).

• Iron Havoc Squad with Missile Launchers (5 men, K/F/AA for some back field flanking cover).

+Emperor's Children+

• Julius Kaesoron/Praetor in Terminator Armour with MC Paragon Blade, Sonic Shrieker, Iron Halo, Digital Lasers and a Volkite Charger.

• Tactical Support Squad with Plasma Guns (5 men).

• Phoenix Terminators with Sonic Shriekers.

• Kakaphoni (bare bones for psycho-dakka, 5 men).

They'll all be given transports and the like once I've got them all done, I'll probably throw foot sloggers in rhinos and stick Kaesoron + PT in a Dreadclaw for facepunchy 2nd turn assault. Then I'll expand the Iron Warriors along with their strange allies. Might even try for Iron Warriors plus 1k points of each Traitor Legion present at Terra. Who knows.

Edited by Brother Tyrax

Nice Story.

You gonna need a compulsory Troop Choice because TSS cannot be taken as such.

Gonna run PotL so got a chunk of Tacticals  and Terminators in there. 

Looking good so far!

Thank you Judd, now comes the long war against my painting table!

BREACH!

gallery_41766_11734_508915.jpg

So I wanted some breachers, so I made some breachers. Lots of clipping, cutting and replacing went on but now each Marine has a shield, bolter, bolt pistol and melta bomb. The sarg is armed with a power fist, bolt pistol, shield and breaching charge. They have dual flamers for some wall of death goodness. Going to expand to a 20 man squad with 4 flamers as I have another 10 shields, just need another 10 men.

great reinforcements there, liking the Vigilator a lot!

Thank you Pheidias, he used to see life as a never used Techmarine. Figured he'd be better applied as spec ops!

Quite like this fella!

Thank you Cthonia. I'm very eager to paint him, just need to give him a bath first.

Got round to a few little bits, some Rhinos, two Whirlwinds (don't know if I can get away with them as Scorpius) and an Assault Squad.

gallery_41766_11734_1385.jpggallery_41766_11734_34541.jpg

gallery_41766_11734_28863.jpggallery_41766_11734_9235.jpg

gallery_41766_11734_182824.jpg

Those yellow bits must be repainted in the righteous Steel and Iron of the true sons of Perturabo as soon as possible :P! The tanks look nice, and I think those missile launchers could easily be passed off as Mars pattern Scorpius Launchers (on a side note, where are they from ? I want a Scorpius or three and I prefer Mars pattern tanks to Deimos :) )

• 4 weeks later...

• 3 months later...