+ 126th Grand Company - Iron Warriors +

Monstra Sumus

Adder 2 look amazing, the new MkIII kit works really well, full of menace.

Any chance of a back shot of the banner bearer, building my own and just wondering how you've got him holding it. Or is it just the MKIII command arms on plastic body?

Looking good brother.

Thank you Pearson, it's good to be back.

Adder 2 look amazing, the new MkIII kit works really well, full of menace.

Any chance of a back shot of the banner bearer, building my own and just wondering how you've got him holding it. Or is it just the MKIII command arms on plastic body?

Hey fella, thanks for the kind words! I wanted to get a real sense of arrogance from their poses. Took a lot of microposing! 

The banner is exactly that, just the MK3 arms on the plastic body. It's a bit straighter than in this photo, the banner had slipped abit on the wrist. 

Oh, great  to se this again!

Looking real sharp!

Thank you very much, Pheidias! 

Brutal. Glorious. Iron.

Made of sterner stuff. 

I've finally settled on a proper direction for the army. It involves another Knight Titan! 

Going to complete what I have first then expand from there. 

Very nice. As others have previously stated, Aikos is one bad mother:censored: . If you're still going for some Auxilia, unless you particularly like the Scions I would go with the FW models, they work out cheaper. 5 scions a box at £21=£84, while a FW lasrifle section comes in at £73.

I have to say, you're making that Prospero box look bloody tempting.

You continue to impress with the fluff and the styling of these guys, real hardcore IV Legion to the roots stuff here. I don't know if I missed it or what before, but Gunner K-1 (with heavy bolter) is absolutely stone cold hardass. I would love to see a full batrep of your dudes at some point as I might not get to play against them.

Jeebus... That Medusa. That Knight. That Typhon...

Making it REALLY hard for me to keep working on my XV, Tyrax. Loving everything.

Haha, the iron calls! 

I have to say, you're making that Prospero box look bloody tempting.

You continue to impress with the fluff and the styling of these guys, real hardcore IV Legion to the roots stuff here. I don't know if I missed it or what before, but Gunner K-1 (with heavy bolter) is absolutely stone cold hardass. I would love to see a full batrep of your dudes at some point as I might not get to play against them.

Thanks Arkhan, that means a lot. I haven't actually played a game yet so I'm a total virgin to 30k, just been modelling. If you're about at WHW anytime in the next few weeks I'm happy to bring all my little plastic dudemen for a ruckus. 

med_gallery_41766_11734_438350.png

gallery_41766_11734_14056.jpg

The sergeant stared into the middle distance. The low buzz from his green bionic eye the only sound coming from him. He was a silent statue with his mechanical fingers clenching his gun. Where he was, none of his squad knew. They dared not ask. The black helm, scuffed and chipped, was awash in stark red light; which cast eerie shadows along the wall. They stretched and danced about Mahrat, seeming to almost shroud his form in the emergency lighting. The concrete hallway was peppered with impact craters and armoured corpses. Warriors in golden plate and warriors in burnished iron were strewn up and down the corridor; mangled and broken. Vicious fighting had occurred here and the Nomos stood among the dead, waiting, for their commanding officer.

Clouds the colour of bruises drifted across the stark white sky. A piercing sun beamed down, scoring the earth and leaving a heavy smell of ozone in the air. The glittering spires of the Imperial Palace jutted into the heavens, where huge mass conveyors made ready to ship the first legionnaires into the stars. Mahrat was one of them. He flexed the gene bulked fingers of his left hand, strong enough, to crush a mans head. He glanced about his company comrades, their slate grey armour adorned with only two symbols; the Imperial Raptor and a stark black IV. They were to be shipped to Venus in direct service of the Emperor, whom, would lead them against the Litho-Gholem armies of the War Witches. He was no longer a techno-warrior of the Sek-Amrak, instead he was a legionary of the IVth Legio Astartes. He felt pride in fighting by the Emperors side, under his command, in his presence.

Mahrat broke his reverie and maglocked his volkite weapon to his thigh plate, he lifted his left hand and stared at it. His tactical readout ticked and whirred as it focused on his mechanical digits. The Emperor had saved him that day, when the Banshee Queen had cut his left arm off at the elbow and took his right leg at the hip with her back swing. Mahrat had fired two bolts into her chest as he fell, determined to damage her as much as possible before she struck the killing blow. Her ghastly pale face, stretched around the artificial vox unit bolted into her jaw, exploded in a welter of gore. Mahrat remembered the flash of golden light that heralded His coming. He turned, bleeding, warning signs flashing across his Crusade pattern armour, and saw the Master of Mankind. Mahrat often had moments of quiet introspection. They usually heralded an execution.

The Nomos fell in behind Mahrat as he snatched his Volkite weapon back into his left hand and with the right he produced the hard canister of a melta bomb from beneath his power pack. The Sergeant growled along the vox as a familiar shape made its way up the corridor to find them.

++ Fall in around Mataloi. Defense-Gamma formation. ++

gallery_41766_11734_56555.jpg

The Nomos performed exemplary duty under the command of Aikos Mataloi during the 126th's days upon Terra. During the siege they were responsible for 76 confirmed kills in the Karnali under tunnels. Of those 76, 48 were attributed to Iron Warrior troopers of the 126th, the 202nd and the 154th. N-1 Mahrat took the job of policing dissension and disloyalty very seriously.

gallery_41766_11734_9480.jpggallery_41766_11734_6025.jpg

N-2 Sarsahn and N-3 Dolanas; both troopers have served with Mahrat in the Nomos since the formation of the 126th.

N-2 is a Terran native like the squad leader, whilst N-3 hails from the steppes of Olympia and was involved heavily in the purges that transpired there.

gallery_41766_11734_268404.jpg

The Nomos WIP is coming along quite nicely. I ran out of super glue tonight so I'll have to continue work on them once I obtain some more. The idea is to make my Iron Warriors seem like proper soldiers. Extra ammo pouches, grenades, utility packs, close combat weapons and pistols. The MK IV are proving a more difficult experiment than the MK III Marines but I'm still enjoying this project. I look forward to showing them off once completed.

Thanks for looking,

BT

P.S My fiancee expressed interest in starting a 30k army. She likes Space Wolves. The first marital grudge has begun.

Edited by Brother Tyrax

Squad's looking good, the extra gear really bulks them up.

Thanks fella, that was what I was going for. Glad to see it comes across well. 

I really like those pouches and extra stuff. Maybe I gonna steal that idea. :wink:

I've gone through and bulked the rest of my troops. I feel it really brings across the fact they are soldiers and ready for a prolonged engagement. 

med_gallery_41766_11734_459310.png

++ FORWARD! PUSH FORWARD! STEP! STEP! STEP! ++

The mechanical growl of Mataloi spat venom into the ears of the troopers of the 126th. Gunfire and grendades detonated around them. The crunch of bone, flesh and armour under foot added a rhythmic baseline to the symphony of destruction. Adder 1-1 smashed his way through a half buckled door, his chain axe snatching life from a golden armoured warrior within the section defense bunker. Not two steps in, Khanat took two bolter rounds to the upper chest, sending him spiraling back out of the doorway. The men of Adder 1 rushed the door, flamers roaring into the enclosed space beyond. Wall mounted turrets stitched tracer fire into their ranks. The Imperial Fists followed the targeting beams provided by the gun emplacements, firing shot after shot into the packed ranks of Iron Warriors as they charged the doorway. The wave of promethium washed over the interior, data banks blowing out in showers of sparks and ammunition detonating in carry pouches as they cooked off under the heat.

A grenade scattered the leading members of Adder 1, cutting two down with red hot shrapnel. Adder 2 reinforced.

++ COVER! FRAG OUT! ++

Came Adder 2-1's voice snarling over the link. Adder 1 curled into the walls beside the door as six green cylinders arched through the door and among the barricades inside. Six blasts crumped outwards with a wash of debris before Adder 2 charged the door. Their sergeant, a brute called Skarskan shouldered his way through the mass of twisted bodies in the door. His thunder hammer came down hard on one of the defenders helms before he was lit up with gun fire. His men however had breached the door way and Adder 1 came pouring in after them. Iron Warriors were pitched from their feet as the battle for control of the bunker became fierce. Bolters were emptied into faces and chests. Weapons discarded and knives and combat blades drawn. Adder 2-4 died as an Imperial Fist pushed his power blade into his visor, only to have the top of his head blown off by Adder 1-3. The banners of both squads stayed standing, thrust into the room and planted with purpose between the feet of their bearers.

The bearer of Adder 1 stayed standing, but expired from his wounds inside his suit. The Nomos entered only after the bunker door was secure. Once inside the control section of the defense structure they began to systematically clear each corridor and server archive. Red beams of hyper intensive light blasted armoured warriors from their feet with ear splitting snaps. The air itself burned under the fusillade of radiation from their volkite weapons. Once the remaining Imperial Fists had been dispatched, Aikos Mataloi entered and set his techno-slaves to redirecting the bunkers gun turrets to anything broadcasting on loyalist frequencies.

Skarskan limped forward, wiping congealed blood from his visor and Mataloi turned to stare at him.

++ Status report, now ++

++ Aff. Adder 2 down to six men. Adder 1 down to 4. Permission to sequester assets and regroup? ++

A third voice cut into the discussion, shot through with grunting as Khanat rose to his feet.

++ Neg. Over my dead body. Adder 1-1 reporting. Squad functional ++

Aikos laughed. It was harsh and deep, like a dog barking.

++ Aff. Adder 1-1 rearm and sweep section A-23. Adder 2-1 rearm and sweep section B-12. Happy hunting ++

Adder 1

gallery_41766_11734_367262.jpggallery_41766_11734_136511.jpg

Adder 2

gallery_41766_11734_144046.jpg

gallery_41766_11734_315891.jpg

The Nomos - Field Police

gallery_41766_11734_160476.jpg

gallery_41766_11734_325896.jpg

All three squads are done and ready for basing and painting!

Only thing I need to do is source some Iron Warriors brass etch to cover the banner on Adder 1-2 as I left mine in America.

Hope you enjoyed looking!

Thank you,

BT

Edited by Brother Tyrax

Awesome work, Brother. Lookin' really cool and some nice short story around them. Makes them feel more real.

Are those Adder units Legion Veteran Squads?

And I can report that I already have stolen and successfully used you method of bulking up my Marines. :D

gallery_41766_11734_9480.jpggallery_41766_11734_6025.jpg

N-2 Sarsahn and N-3 Dolanas; both troopers have served with Mahrat in the Nomos since the formation of the 126th.

N-2 is a Terran native like the squad leader, whilst N-3 hails from the steppes of Olympia and was involved heavily in the purges that transpired there.

I think I might have a crush on Dolanas. Such Brutal, Many Cool. :drool:

• 4 months later...

Awesome work, Brother. Lookin' really cool and some nice short story around them. Makes them feel more real.

Are those Adder units Legion Veteran Squads?

And I can report that I already have stolen and successfully used you method of bulking up my Marines. :biggrin.:

Thank you very much Gorgoff. They are indeed veteran squads, as all my troops are Terminators! Excellent, steal away!

I think I might have a crush on Dolanas. Such Brutal, Many Cool. :drool:

He is pretty dreamy. Thank you ninjaman!

med_gallery_41766_11734_163922.jpg

med_gallery_41766_11734_61387.jpg

*Blows dust off thread*

Ehem. I have begun work on my motor pool, starting with Adder 2's Rhino transport.

As always

Cheers

BT

Edited by Brother Tyrax

• 3 months later...

Really sucks to have to say this but I'm pretty sure this army is over. Hit some snags recently. If any one is interested in buying anything from it I'll be offloading it. Feel free to message me.

Oh nooo, man.

I don't know the term "hit some snags" but it is a real pitty that this awesome project is over. :(