The Wulfen Thread

Valerian

a tease for friday's tutorial. 

=D

http://i.imgur.com/6H6y0op.jpg?1

thats bad ass!

looking forward to this tutorial tbh, as my first unit of wulfen are due early next week. So being able to make the most of a single box is very much what im looking to do.

thanks!

Mmmm so are the wulfen head, arms and torso in or around the same proportion as those of a regular SM legs or more towards terminator legs?

Would like to view your work from different angles Triszin. But only because not all regular sized torso's work well with terminator legs. From that angle it looks good. But I'd like to see it overall.

The tutorial wont be up till late tomorrow (friday night like 2 am?), as I just got home from work at 2 am and about to pass out then back to work tomorrow.

Maverik, yeah itsa standard PA torsoe, but its widened by putty and I need to do more putty work to increase it a little. Since I didnt have a SW termie torsoe laying around.

Basically the tutorial is going to be Make the 5 wulfen following the instructions. THen with the parts make freshly turned wulfen in PA, then bigger bulky turned wulfen. still trying to see what 1 box of wulfen + X can make wulfen wise right now. I think im around 10+ right now

I took Triszin's idea and made my own power armor wulfen. The idea I had was that a squad of grey hunters began to turn once the 13th came around. The arms aren't too out of proportion to make it look goofy. I will post pics later of the ones I converted. I was just happy to get 10 wulfen out of one box and spare parts I had laying around.

Terminator legs will make them look more true scale but sadly I had none left and didn't want to invest in a box just for the legs.

Alrighty, one test game done, and my wulfen did well. Not over the top, but we'll.

List 1850 from what I remember

Wolf Lord on twolf kitted up

Thunderwolf squad kitted with shields, hammer and claws

Blood angel sang priest with jump pack

Iron priest on twolf with fen wolves

Thunderwolf squad kitted

Skyclaw squad barebones

Blood angel scouts

Blood angel drop pod with a ven dread with blizz axe and shield inside

Two five man wulfen squads kitted the same

3x th SS

1x axe

1x pack leader

All with grenades (waste of points only need 2 at most)

The buffs: paid off in spades. I layered my wulfen in between the twolves and skyclaw. So everyone got buffs. Movement buffs on twolves put them across the board incredibly fast. Sadly giving twolves rending and hammer is naturally useless. Oh and I know fleshtearers with wolves is a bit of a heresy, but dear God this unit with fnp is nearly indestructible.

Wulfen in combat. Got the charge off into a squad of jump packing Marines all armed with twin claws from that new formation that assaults on ds arrival (they ate my skyclaws). They got in, axe killed a couple, then they killed two th/SS who in turn killed his whole squad. This same squad sadly ate a bunch of fire of fire after this turn and died. No biggie as the rest of the army was doing work all over.

I question the lack of a storm shield on the leader, but otherwise these guys are great.

In April we have a teams tourney in central VA and I plan to run wulfen with blood claws and skyclaws (a straight cad limitation and low points limit turned me off from straight up twolf bomb)

They are not as good as twolves, they don't have the staying power, but they do kill whatever they touch.

Oh and new formation makes them interesting! http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/02/breaking-latest-space-wolves-formation-sighted.html

I didn't know if our local rules limit the posting of the rules picture from there. But there it is, a fun formation that lets us bubble wrap to the extreme with terminators. Maybe run a massive ten man pack inside the termies. They won't get across the board as fast, but as they can't be shot at, that turn two charge will brutal with a full strength ten man, kill anything in the game, squad. Maybe not tourney worthy, but hell it'll be fun, maybe something to bring in an apoc.

Forgive the errors. Typing on a tablet I usually only use at games to bring codex and battlescribe.

a unit droppoed in with 4 drop pods which i ensured i placed out of range of plasma cannons etc and aimed them at a large squad of assualt marines with a levle 2 libarian. i lot one to shooting and physic powers (the storm shield guys) and when they were charged they kicked face! had i used ragnars rules id have had all of my units in close combat first turn!

Eh? You still can't charge on the turn you arrive. Sadly this is the rule we didn't get that I was predicting.

a unit droppoed in with 4 drop pods which i ensured i placed out of range of plasma cannons etc and aimed them at a large squad of assualt marines with a levle 2 libarian. i lot one to shooting and physic powers (the storm shield guys) and when they were charged they kicked face! had i used ragnars rules id have had all of my units in close combat first turn!

Eh? You still can't charge on the turn you arrive. Sadly this is the rule we didn't get that I was predicting.

I believe he means charge as in counter-charge. The decurion benefit.

If the opponent charged him T1, he could get to counter-charge with units in range. Allowing him to 'charge' turn 1.

I would question why opponents would ever want to do that though. With counter-charge + counter-attack, it makes charging SW with units in range a very risky idea...

I've only just assembled my first 5. 3 Great Axes 1 Thunder hammer Storm Shield and one with the Claws, I guess he's the pack leader. I'll add pictures later in another post once they have paint on them. 
The kit is a challenge to build so far. I think the second kit I have will be set up the same way. I haven't given much thought to any more kits but if I do get more it'll be another two kits. 
I briefly skimmed the early wulfen thread, which is why I built my first pack as I did. I'd really like more great axes. But I'm less interested in pack leaders as I don't think gaining LD or any other stat will justify the loss of another weapon, which ever one.

I kinda wish there were more weapon options. Just for the aesthetics.
So far the heads look the most to scale with Space Marines.  Actually these models are proportioned funny. The hands seem too small for the arms to me.

This thread keeps getting better and better. Can't wait to see what the more creative members of the community can create. As I am not a huge fan of the new models, conversions are my only real hope of running Wolfen in the future.

Anyone tried cutting lower legs off and using power armor lower legs instead?

I'll do it with one. So everyone can see it. then i'll patch work the wolve..... OMG

I CAN FINISH MY 2008 BULVEYE MODEL I PAINTED WITHOUT ARMS. THANK YOU OMG I JUST REMEMBERED

There's a lot of cleanup work to be done with the Wulfen torsos to make them fit on PA legs full stop. I have a couple other ideas that just came to mind, I've started some prep on them, gonna let glue set overnight before I start chopping on things more. Will post pics tomorrow.

How would the wulfen arms look attached to a TDAWG torso? I have all of my TDAWG magnetized, and I was thinking of just magnetizing the arms of the wulfen and using the TDAWG torso and legs.

The arms don't have a flat joint where they meet the torso getting a magnet in there to make them sit right would be hard enough let alone getting them to look natural on a terminator torso. I think scale wise would work better than power armor, but the conversion work would have to be more of a permanent thing.

I've only just assembled my first 5. 3 Great Axes 1 Thunder hammer Storm Shield and one with the Claws, I guess he's the pack leader. I'll add pictures later in another post once they have paint on them.

The kit is a challenge to build so far. I think the second kit I have will be set up the same way. I haven't given much thought to any more kits but if I do get more it'll be another two kits.

I briefly skimmed the early wulfen thread, which is why I built my first pack as I did. I'd really like more great axes. But I'm less interested in pack leaders as I don't think gaining LD or any other stat will justify the loss of another weapon, which ever one.

I kinda wish there were more weapon options. Just for the aesthetics.

So far the heads look the most to scale with Space Marines. Actually these models are proportioned funny. The hands seem too small for the arms to me.

The axe hands are a little small looking. The bare hands look just fine to me.

taking me a bit longer than I realized, but I did make a quick tutorial on how the Wulfen torsoe with 1 cut can fit on marine legs that have had the groin cut 2-3 times. I also did that same torsoe on termie legs.

Looking at the sheer differences so far. They look PHENOMENAL on termie legs and a modified torso. so much so, my next box I will order a extra set of termie legs and torsoes to make the rest of the extras look like em. someone requested cutting the wulfen legs to show how they look with a PA lowers legs and same with termie's, I'm swinging by GW to see if anyone has an extra termie legs on hand to sell. (I'm fresh out.)

The wulfen arms are the same size and termie arms, so they perfect in scale, just look odd with the terminator back torso attached. 

I'm trying to make the tutorial 1 or 2 pics, that way if anyone wants it they can just save the image and have that as a back up .

and epoxy putty, greenstuff, greystuff, or brown stuff is a must for using these parts effectively. 

Posted · Hidden by Valerian, February 21, 2016 - Response to hidden post
Hidden by Valerian, February 21, 2016 - Response to hidden post

I'm sorry but who ever sculpted these models or come to think of it the rules should be shot..

Does that comment really belong in this thread? 

Here is Part 1 and Part 2. Part 3 will have a guide for making Wulfen Characters, WUlfen Lords, and Wulfen Priests. That part is a bit away As I am waiting on parts to come in.http://i.imgur.com/XPXmkpC.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/dpmN60N.jpg

Archived