The Wulfen Thread

Valerian

6 extra pairs of arms (11 total) and no legs (just the 5), but one extra torso. TDA legs are even a bit short (but a bit fat), so stick with them I'd say. A word of warning, it is not a traditional kit with interchangeable legs and torsos. The legs are in 6 different pieces, main portions, armour, and feet. The torso is going to take some work to fit on any pair of legs it was not specifically designed to fit on. Even the arms have huge cutt out portions where they attach to the torso they are made for, not to mention cables dessined to attach to oversized backpacks. No simple conversions.

This is for @Triszin .... I used you're great tutorial for making the most out of the bits left over.

Here is where i'm at so far with my extra wulfen. #6 and #7.

Please note, the putty still needs to harden, then i will file it down to even things out etc. smile.png

http://imgur.so/80-r9xVT5il.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So after reading through bits of this thread this morning, couldnt resist popping down my local gaming club at lunchtime (which is dangerously only 5 min from my work) and picking up a box of wulfen.

Still not 100% on the models (and really dont like the legs), but after seeing some of the conversion work in here..decided they'll be my next project.

Will post up images when im done (although knowing me that'll be around June sometime!)

Hi guys just a quick question hope someone could help me with, does the Wulfen buff work from inside a landraider and if so why is it any different to other army ifs that don't take affect from inside a vehicle? Thanks

There is a general rule that distances to and from embarked units use the hull of the vehicle. A rule would need to explicitly override this general rule, such as in the case of a psychic hood. The wulfen buff specifically excludes embarked units, but otherwise does not prevent the buff from working if the wulfen unit itself is embarked.

What my Wulfen killed today...

I was playing in a highlander tournament, 1500 points and no LoW, I had 3 games, the first against Space Wolves, then Orks and the last against Tau. I ran a 5 man unit with 3 TH/SS, 1 Axe and 1 Pack Leader wirth claws.

First game was a disaster, i failed every save I needed to make and my Wulfen were killed in my turn 2 assault phase to overwatch.

Game 2 I went second and they gave my TWC +3 movement/charge which let them move around a truck my opponent had placed in the centre so my TWC could charge my opponents mega nobz instead. My Wulfen then went on to blow up the truck killing half the Tanks Hunters inside, turn 2 they charged and killed 2 War Buggies. Turn 3 they charged, challenged and killed my opponents Warboss on bike which won me the game.

Game 3, Hammer and Anvil against a Tau gunline (gulp). The Wulfen were amazing and tanked so much fire. They destroyed a dilapidated building killing all the Pathfinders inside and all the Kroot on top. They then charged a unit of Broadsides and drones and wiped them out. Lastly a multi charge into a unit of sniper drones and 2 Riptides. I had only 1 hammer and 1 Axe Wulfen left by then and even though the Hammer died I caused enough damage to make the Riptides run and swept them. Tabled my opponent turn 7 and the Wulfen were the stars.

• 2 months later...
Sorry if this is considered necro, but I'm bumping this as I just bought two boxes of Wulfen and would like to convert them. Took me a while to find it, so putting back on the front page will help me find it tomorrow.

Sorry if this is considered necro, but I'm bumping this as I just bought two boxes of Wulfen and would like to convert them. Took me a while to find it, so putting back on the front page will help me find it tomorrow.

what wargear are you going to give them?

Depends on what I can get out of the bits. I don't imagine I'll have enough bits for the list I'm working on and will probably need to buy another box or two, but when I'm finished I hope to have 6 hammer and shield, 5 great axes, and 9 bare.

Actually, looking at the bits from two boxes, at first glance it looks like there are enough bits here to make 20 Wulfen with the exception of torsos and legs.  

Ok, so this is my first wulfen conversion.  It was done in part because I was dissatisfied with the river-dancing chicken legs that come in the box, and in part because I'm very poor and stingy and wanted to get the most number of wulfen out of the box that I could.

I just used space wolves power armor legs, torso, and shoulder pads, with wulfen head, arms, weapons, and backpack.

Wulfen 2

Wulfen

Archived