Son_of_D0rn's Unforgiven

Son_of_D0rn

Greetings all,

I have a 1000 point Tournament at the end of April which I plan on attending with my Dark Angels. I have promised myself that I shall attend with a fully painted force and to accomplish this I have promised myself that I will aim to complete 1 Squad/Character/Vehicle a week until the roster is completed.

The first squad is currently WIP as I get about an hour a night to paint but I am liking the way the sergeant currently looks

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa447/ratvan85/20160211_221625_zpswibskjfc.jpg

Edit: So it appears that I cannot read 1st thing in the morning. Can a mod please move to the General Dark Angels page please?

Edit2: Thanks Mods. Have noticed that the phone pic is not the greatest due to the rooms lighting. Will re take a better one tonight after work and also drill out the barrel on the combi.

Not sure whether I want red detail on the model

Ok this is where I currently am with my models (still need to drill the bolters)

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa447/ratvan85/20160216_205813_zpswjhykxo2.jpg

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa447/ratvan85/20160216_205915_zpsfjvgcgmz.jpg

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa447/ratvan85/20160216_205829_zps2havaaps.jpg Also need to reposition the guy on the right with his hunched shoulder. Damn second hand miniatures.

Also need to put the orange in the eyes.

So it is a little quiet today at work so I have written a small amount of Fluff for my Disciples of Caliban (please let me know if this is over stepping the mark or would better suit a DIY Successor Chapter)

Disciples of Caliban Ranks and Orders of the "Pilgrimage of the Hallowed Shroud"

While the Disciples of Caliban are Codex Compliant in the vast majority of instances they do have some variations namely to the deployment of the Chapter and Ranks within the Chapter. The Most notable of which are listed below.

Lions Rampant Detachment: The most common method of Deployment for the Disciples of Caliban is the Lions Rampant; formed of between 25 and 50 Marines of various specification (Tactical, Assault, Devastator, Veteran) this formation is similar in size to a Standard Space Marine Demi Company. Often this is supported by members of the Chapters Chaplaincy and Libarius.  

Shadow Hunters Strike Force: It is rarely documented that the Disciples of Caliban deploy this formation in anything but the most crucial and secretive of missions. Formed of a Lions Rampant Detachment with support from both the Elusive 1st (Deathwing Equivalent) and 2nd (Ravenwing Equivalent) companies.

Grand Disciple (Counts as Azrael): As the Disciples of Caliban is a Fleet Based Chapter deployed across the vast expanses of the Galaxy. Each of these “Pilgrimages” is led by a Grand Disciple. The Pilgrimage of the Hallowed Shroud has been active for nearly Seven Standard Terran Centuries. The Current Grand Disciple of this Pilgrimage is Grand Disciple Berithel.

Chief Epistolary Dantanian (Counts as Ezekiel): Each pilgrimage is granted a small contingent from the Chapters Librarius. The Pilgrimage of the Hallowed Shroud has been granted the Chief Epistolary Dantanian and two lower ranked members of the Epistolary Erasmus and Caine.

Master of the Blades: Mathias Duranel (Company Master): As Each Pilgrimage is led by a Grand Disciple the known Structure of the Dark Angels and Successor Chapters is granted a Master of the Blades. The Master of the Blades is the best Swordsman within the Disciples of Caliban Chapter and is granted use of the Pilgrimage’s most valued Relics to wield during battle.

The Order of the Blades: (Command Squad): The Order of the Blades is the most elite Order within the Disciples of Caliban Chapter and is deployed with the Master of the Blades, they are the most competent Knights within the Chapter and are often deployed into the very Heart of the Enemy position to strike a critical blow to the enemies strategic placement and moral. Along with their deployment equipment each Knight wields twin Short Swords, these “Blades of Reason” were created by the Knights themselves and blessed by the Chapters Chaplaincy in the ritual of Sacred Bonds.

Adherent: The Sergeant of Tactical (and Combat) Squads of the Disciples of Caliban are known as Adherents. Each are adorned with Standards which they have Sworn Oaths to defend and list the names of each of the Adherents from the Squads namesake. Each Squad is named after its first ever Adherent (Armaros, Batariel, Jomjael, Ramiel, Turel and Tumariel for the Tactical Squads and Bazaroth and Enoch for the Devastator Squads).  The Squads fight all the fiercer knowing that the memory of those lost rest on their (and especially their Adherents) actions and skill.

Oath Sworn: When promoted to the Sergeant of an Assault Squad the Disciples of Caliban choose to swear the same Oath as the Adherents of their Tactical Squads. However they do not take to the field under the same banners but rather adorn their bodies and armour with the names of the previous Oath Sworn again carrying the names of the lost into each encounter with the enemy. 

Archived