The future of Sisters

MrFlutterPie

Despite receiving very little support from GW I feel that sob players have held on to the fact that GW said they would not remove any armies (although that reference was never 100% official I believe)  However, over the years no armies were lost (well dogs of war and EoT etc were).  Now we are seeing the first army in a long time being discontinued.  While it is for another game system AOS it does start to worry me.  This is a new step for GW of recent and with our only plastic kit no longer available I feel it could be our time.

I know that we are the truly faithful and shall uphold the Emperors light until the bitter as a the last bastion of hope but the end times may be upon us.

What say you fellow holy warriors?  Will our faith be rewarded or will be go out as a footnote in history?

Actually, since someone mentioned Sisters of Silence, perhaps GW will tie in the Forge World release with their own new Sisters of Battle? Pure speculation, mind you. And it doesn't necessarily make much sense since the two organisations are so very different, but one can still hope. msn-wink.gif

I apologize for my little faux pas for linking off topic materiel. I had originally linked to GW's official website to back up my claim about TK being discontinued.

Anyways it is nice to be surrounded by those that still carry the faith stronger then ever. Perhaps I should submit to penancetongue.png

I imagine that TK are just getting rolled into an undead army, rather than truly being dked. I wouldn't worry.

nope sorry :<

TK are going to vanish, they are already under "last chance to buy" and half of the range is sold out. No printed rules either, GA: Death even states it has no rules for Khemri. Tombkings are dead (>.>) and won't come back :<

Same for Brettonians who are also going to vanish ....

That said, I wouldn't worry for Sisters yet smile.png

I think thats a shame, but I'm not shocked I dont think too highly of anything they have done for AoS and squatting armies is just one more step on that poor path.

As for Sisters, people need to buy the hell out of sisters of silence, and send a message.

I think thats a shame, but I'm not shocked I dont think too highly of anything they have done for AoS and squatting armies is just one more step on that poor path.

As for Sisters, people need to buy the hell out of sisters of silence, and send a message.

sadly ..... it looks like even FW is going to do SoS just as small army .... I think they are starting with a test horse tbh, and if they sell well we may get more units for the webway war ...

The "joke" at the weekender was pretty bad imo, and didn't spoke well for their view at sisters or female models sadly >.>

Well, I think they are likely just cautious (though I dont know what the reference to joke is, unless it was just the small list?) but even the Dark Eldar range took pushing to be made, and its likely (outside HH) the best thing GW has done in 15 years.

If SoS sell, I think FW looks at things differently. I will be buying a unit at least if the models are good.

(though I dont know what the reference to joke is

Tony Cottrell went round showing this pic to everyone on front row:

Hidden Content
12666427_10153455361838831_1779217803_n.

was weird as hell and not really fun imho .... ....

I can't speak for other Sisters players (and wouldn't...it wouldn't be...Sisterly), but I will carry on building my Order (and get started on my Canon one, the Valorous Heart) until such time that GW do discontinue them. I'll carry on even afterwards. I haven't had nearly as much fun, had my interest carried on for as long since my long stay army (reboot pending), and GW, it would seem, will not acknowledge them without ridicule.

I am Sisters player gorram it and I ain't going anywhere msn-wink.gif

I agree with WarriorFish, I don't think anything that is going on with "Age of Sigmar" has any application to Warhammer 40K. AoS is a completely revamped new system, with a new world, new fluff, new everything. I think they're going to be slowly killing off all of the armies evetually to fit the new aesthetic and theme. I am just damn glad that I already bought my son an entire Lizardman army, and I already have enough Bretonnians and Empire to keep me satisfied. It tempts me to shift some of my planned 40K purchases over to Fantasy though because I really don't like the new AoS look.

But back to Sisters, I think they are safe, because the established 40K universe is not going anywhere. If Sisters have stuck around this long, I think they'll stick around into the future.

TK are going to vanish, they are already under "last chance to buy" and half of the range is sold out. No printed rules either, GA: Death even states it has no rules for Khemri. Tombkings are dead (>.>) and won't come back :<

When the new AoS Hordes of Nagash army comes out next year, there will be some suspiciously familiar models in the mix.

Gw seems to be taking babysteps away from there fear of females, check one of the latest BoLS articles, they reprint assault on Black reach starter and it will hit the toystores, and behold, there is a girl in there advertisments.

I call this progress.

Gw seems to be taking babysteps away from there fear of females, check one of the latest BoLS articles, they reprint assault on Black reach starter and it will hit the toystores, and behold, there is a girl in there advertisments.

I call this progress.

or you could check out the n&r section here instead msn-wink.gif :P?

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/318595-gw-products-to-be-sold-in-toy-and-model-shops-vedros-pg-5/page-5

And of course they want to get new customers, hence it makes sense to advert it for girls (and they already did female advertising with the BaC intro game video) smile.png - which is good, although I'm not a fan of the whole "kids advertisement"

It's been a kids' game for a few years now. tongue.png

*sticks my fingers in my ears*

what have you said Miko? can't hear you over the sound of how awesome FW is - and how awesome GW was! biggrin.png

*re-reads Slaves to Darkness and the HH Black Books*

RTBBB.gif

Archived