The future of Sisters

MrFlutterPie

It's been a kids' game for a few years now. tongue.png

*sticks my fingers in my ears*

what have you said Miko? can't hear you over the sound of how awesome FW is - and how awesome GW was! biggrin.png

*re-reads Slaves to Darkness and the HH Black Books*

RTBBB.gif

I would reply, but Mod-Miko is glaring at me to keep the thread on topic.

To go back to sisters and co:

- Tombkings (no clue why) never sold well, and are no longer "part" of their IP. AoS is a new IP (which tries to be as unique as possible), tomb kings were too generic, never sold that much, and aren't part of their new AoS world/lore - hence they dropped them.

- Sisters on the other side are an oooold part of their IP, and lets say it like this: If something is part of their 40k IP, you will get a model for it, sooner or later. Sisters need a whole range re-vamp (same with CSM) - a few years ago they didn't have the technique to do both Sisters and Skitarii (coats), now they can. 

- "New" factions are the future - expect more of them in the next years. Sisters fill the requirements for this. 

I came here because the US web store has 8 of 27 items listed as "temporarily out of stock." Sorry. I know this kind of post is generally unwanted.

I know it's probably nothing (at least I hope so), but losing the immolator (and hence probably the exorcist eventually, unless they just decided to stop making that small clear dome thing) has made me paranoid.

Either way I have the codex and I'll keep playing sisters no matter what. No sisters-as-space-marines or IG.

I came here because the US web store has 8 of 27 items listed as "temporarily out of stock." Sorry. I know this kind of post is generally unwanted.

I know it's probably nothing (at least I hope so), but losing the immolator (and hence probably the exorcist eventually, unless they just decided to stop making that small clear dome thing) has made me paranoid.

Either way I have the codex and I'll keep playing sisters no matter what. No sisters-as-space-marines or IG.

I just want my Repressor back ... that car is useful for both sisters and arbites ,,,

If FW brought repressors back I'd buy three in a heartbeat... My take on the exorcist/immolator thing is that they realised you can make an immolator from the exorcist so really why sell the cheaper kit? keeping it in stock is just extra overhead for the few they presumably sell. Hopefully that's the reason, not that they're discontinuing the sisters sprue entirely. 

TCOTH

It may also be a wait and see game from Games Workshop.  If Sisters of Silence sell well, you can try another teaser (Plastic basic troops box) and that will gauge need and response to a release and revamp of the whole codex and line.

It may also be a wait and see game from Games Workshop.  If Sisters of Silence sell well, you can try another teaser (Plastic basic troops box) and that will gauge need and response to a release and revamp of the whole codex and line.

SoS will sell well. Sadly they will start with a small army (basically just worth as allies) for them for now .... 

SoS will sell well. Sadly they will start with a small army (basically just worth as allies) for them for now .... 

While I know some people would like it otherwise, I think it is actually a good move in keeping the Sisters a 'side' army, similar to Custodes. While they were large branches of the Imperium at the time of the Heresy, they were no where near the size of the Crusade forces who made up the vast majority of the fighting forces at the time. It would be a rare instance for the Sisters or Custodes force (alone) to bring a system or even a world to Compliance and as such I think conflicts between Traitor forces and solely Sisters/Custodes would be equally as rare.

In smaller facets of the games (30K) like Zone Mortalis or Tactical Strike, such forces being represented as solo would be ideal and fit nicely and those gaming style should be explored by more players as they are extremely fun. Larger engagements featuring those forces alone however feel a little weird from a narrative and fluff perspective.

This is not to say that all (majority) female forces should not form a Primary army, the Imperial Militia and Solar Auxilia both give opportunities to build armies using either the SoB models or 3rd party ones. I have seen some WIPs of such armies on FB and they are looking pretty impressive!

While I know some people would like it otherwise, I think it is actually a good move in keeping the Sisters a 'side' army, similar to Custodes. While they were large branches of the Imperium at the time of the Heresy, they were no where near the size of the Crusade forces who made up the vast majority of the fighting forces at the time. It would be a rare instance for the Sisters or Custodes force (alone) to bring a system or even a world to Compliance and as such I think conflicts between Traitor forces and solely Sisters/Custodes would be equally as rare.

In smaller facets of the games (30K) like Zone Mortalis or Tactical Strike, such forces being represented as solo would be ideal and fit nicely and those gaming style should be explored by more players as they are extremely fun. Larger engagements featuring those forces alone however feel a little weird from a narrative and fluff perspective.

This is not to say that all (majority) female forces should not form a Primary army, the Imperial Militia and Solar Auxilia both give opportunities to build armies using either the SoB models or 3rd party ones. I have seen some WIPs of such armies on FB and they are looking pretty impressive!

I think it makes sense for the Sisters of Silence force to fit between an Officio Assassinorum Execution Force and an actual army in size and in function. The Sisters of Battle themselves, however, deserve no less than a full army- they NEED a full army, with flyers, ordnance weapons, and tanks.

I think it makes sense for the Sisters of Silence force to fit between an Officio Assassinorum Execution Force and an actual army in size and in function. The Sisters of Battle themselves, however, deserve no less than a full army- they NEED a full army, with flyers, ordnance weapons, and tanks.

Fully agree with you there, I think the Sisters are one of the best looking armies in the 40K line up, as long as they arent fleshed out with Centurion and Storm Talon type units models I would love to see them expanded. I do hope that FW might get a better role in their future, an Imperial Armour book with them as one of the major factions would do absolute wonders for them I think.

Oh, dont get me wrong - since I'm (currently) mostly aiming for ZM forces, I'm ok with a smaller list initially - just don't think it's fair that Custodes get a "propper" list while Sisters are only getting one for smaller points games/ZM/allied detachments :/

And yeah, I'm already eyeing with some of Vickys' Arcadians :) :P

There's a good point in being ignored by Games Workshop though, as much as it pains me to admit it. It restricts lore murder to the bare minimum, just a few snippets in other codices (even if being other codices, sisters of battle probably lose badly). We don't want celestians ridings repentias to battle, ninja sisters who throw fleur de lys-shaped shurikens from the shadows or rogue mavericks that save worlds by fighting THE (WO)MAN and who're not terminated by their knowing superiors*, do we?

*I'm looking at you, female!Uriel Ventris.

Miriya.

I mean Miriya.

- Tombkings (no clue why) never sold well, and are no longer "part" of their IP. AoS is a new IP (which tries to be as unique as possible), tomb kings were too generic, never sold that much, and aren't part of their new AoS world/lore - hence they dropped them.

- Sisters on the other side are an oooold part of their IP, and lets say it like this: If something is part of their 40k IP, you will get a model for it, sooner or later. Sisters need a whole range re-vamp (same with CSM) - a few years ago they didn't have the technique to do both Sisters and Skitarii (coats), now they can. 

- "New" factions are the future - expect more of them in the next years. Sisters fill the requirements for this. 

I don't think Tomb Kings are truly gone. I think they'll be back with an updated look and feel that makes them more unique to AoS. Much like how a lot of things so far that have come out have a feel that is very specific to the game versus the older generic things we saw under WFB.

I don't think Tomb Kings are truly gone. I think they'll be back with an updated look and feel that makes them more unique to AoS. Much like how a lot of things so far that have come out have a feel that is very specific to the game versus the older generic things we saw under WFB.

and then you dont have tomb kings anymore ;)

the sphinx and snake-dudes were already pretty "unique" already imo :/

Actually, Centurions would make a helluva lot more sense for the Sororitas than they do for the Marines. tongue.png

Sad, but true. The Marines would be better served with a "[insert name of your choice here] pattern Terminator armor" that grants +1 Strength, +1 Toughness, +1 Wound, and power fists with integral weapons.

Unfortunately, the competence of Games Workshop's designers is questionable. I'm having nightmares of a "Sisters of Battle Centurion" making its wearer look like a Leman Russ battle tank impregnated her- the Centurion warsuit does the same damn thing to a Space Marine who wears it!

and then you dont have tomb kings anymore msn-wink.gif

the sphinx and snake-dudes were already pretty "unique" already imo :/

We also don't have "Lizardmen" either. msn-wink.gif

From what I saw the only things really falling off the store at the moment are the finecast models, so we'll see how that plays out.

EDIT: Speaking about the Sisters properly, 10 out of 27 of the items for sale for the army (10 out of 25 if you discount the digital only codexes) are temporarily out of stock on the US site.

There's a good point in being ignored by Games Workshop though, as much as it pains me to admit it. It restricts lore murder to the bare minimum, just a few snippets in other codices (even if being other codices, sisters of battle probably lose badly). We don't want celestians ridings repentias to battle, ninja sisters who throw fleur de lys-shaped shurikens from the shadows or rogue mavericks that save worlds by fighting THE (WO)MAN and who're not terminated by their knowing superiors*, do we?

*I'm looking at you, female!Uriel Ventris.

Miriya.

I mean Miriya.

I pray to the Emperor, the Omnissiah, and the animistic spirits I actually believe in that James Swallow is never allowed to write another Sisters book again.

Yeah, but one more book and she'll actually be exiled to go on a penitent quest and count as 'falling' or something.

Or becomes a Repentia.

But yes, his way of writing her is more chaotic good than the lawful good we expect for Sisters.

From what I saw the only things really falling off the store at the moment are the finecast models, so we'll see how that plays out.

Nope, actually all the Tombking range, including the newer plastics are going to be sold off, and when its gone, its gone ^^

EDIT: Speaking about the Sisters properly, 10 out of 27 of the items for sale for the army (10 out of 25 if you discount the digital only codexes) are temporarily out of stock on the US site.

OOS =|= Last Chance to buy - its a new thing on their site, where they mark a product before its gone now.

The crazy thing about it, they even tell you its your last chance to buy these products and how awesome they are and you should better buy them.

and:

move fast if you want these, because when they’re gone, they’re gone...

Archived