The future of Sisters

MrFlutterPie

From what I saw the only things really falling off the store at the moment are the finecast models, so we'll see how that plays out.

Nope, actually all the Tombking range, including the newer plastics are going to be sold off, and when its gone, its gone ^^

EDIT: Speaking about the Sisters properly, 10 out of 27 of the items for sale for the army (10 out of 25 if you discount the digital only codexes) are temporarily out of stock on the US site.

OOS =|= Last Chance to buy - its a new thing on their site, where they mark a product before its gone now.

The crazy thing about it, they even tell you its your last chance to buy these products and how awesome they are and you should better buy them.

and:

move fast if you want these, because when they’re gone, they’re gone...

They did that when the Necromunda minis went short. I still regret not buying a set of Redemptionists.

Yeah, but one more book and she'll actually be exiled to go on a penitent quest and count as 'falling' or something.

Or becomes a Repentia.

But yes, his way of writing her is more chaotic good than the lawful good we expect for Sisters.

I personally expect Lawful Neutral at best from my Sisters Militant. Even the Hospitallers don't qualify for Lawful Good - LG would imply that they help everyone at personal cost. The Sororitas only help Imperials.

That's one of the problems with Miriya - and Ventris - they're Chaotic Good when they should be Lawful Neutral.

Yeah, but one more book and she'll actually be exiled to go on a penitent quest and count as 'falling' or something.

Or becomes a Repentia.

But yes, his way of writing her is more chaotic good than the lawful good we expect for Sisters.

I personally expect Lawful Neutral at best from my Sisters Militant. Even the Hospitallers don't qualify for Lawful Good - LG would imply that they help everyone at personal cost. The Sororitas only help Imperials.

That's one of the problems with Miriya - and Ventris - they're Chaotic Good when they should be Lawful Neutral.

Good is relative.

Setting people on fire is never a Good act.

Unless they are cursed with being a witch which only leads to damnation, pain and sorrow. By setting the individual on fire the sister is cleansing them of both their physical pain as well as their spiritual pain. Plus they get a side order of forgiveness to boot.

Sounds pretty good to me. biggrin.png

Unless they are cursed with being a witch which only leads to damnation, pain and sorrow. By setting the individual on fire the sister is cleansing them of both their physical pain as well as their spiritual pain. Plus they get a side order of forgiveness to boot.

I think it's better to just use a meltagun to completely vaporize a repenting heretic. For the repenting heretic, a quick death ensures he will no longer suffer, and the Chaos Gods can no longer use and abuse his body for their pleasure, e.g., transform it into a Daemonhost. For the executioner, a quick death ensures the heretic has no chance to fight back, and no chance the Chaos Gods can use the heretic's body to fight back.

I think it's better to just use a meltagun to completely vaporize a repenting heretic. For the repenting heretic, a quick death ensures he will no longer suffer, and the Chaos Gods can no longer use and abuse his body for their pleasure, e.g., transform it into a Daemonhost. For the executioner, a quick death ensures the heretic has no chance to fight back, and no chance the Chaos Gods can use the heretic's body to fight back.

While I know this to be true in my heart. I LOVE the sound they make as they burn...

I would go so far as to say that the Imperial Cult is, in general, Lawful Neutral, allowing followers to remain in good standing with Lawful Good, Lawful Neutral, Lawful Evil, and Neutral alignments.

Regarding atrocities committed upon xenos, let's not forget that monsters don't count as people. You're supposed to eliminate them, albeit with a certain degree of restraint (i.e. not making it more painful than it has to be). The fact that some xenos races really are "people" is out-of-setting knowledge that we have as readers - as far as most Sisters know, Eldar are psychotic, cruel, incapable of love or compassion or remorse, and need to be killed for the sake of Mankind, the only race of "people" in the galaxy.

There's no caveat in the Imperial Creed for being humanitarian.

Flamers are such a horrific way to die that it's been repeatedly demanded their use as weapons of war be declared criminal atrocities. The USA has outright banned them for military use.

They are the favoured weapon of the Sisters.

There's no caveat in the Imperial Creed for being humanitarian.

Flamers are such a horrific way to die that it's been repeatedly demanded their use as weapons of war be declared criminal atrocities. The USA has outright banned them for military use.

They are the favoured weapon of the Sisters.

I think you might be mixing my two points. Like I said, the Imperial Creed is more Lawful Neutral. That philosophy has no problem with weapons of war that are horrific, as long as they are used efficiently and by the right people. The second half of my post was just trying to point out that the Sororitas don't know a lot of things we know about Eldar and Tau, which puts their actions with regards to them into a different context. Even a decent person doesn't have to care too much about how much pain they cause a monster, if they are using the most efficient means of destroying that monster. Monsters aren't people.

While I know this to be true in my heart. I LOVE the sound they make as they burn...

You enjoy the screams people make as they burn to death?

Heretic! One who submits to the Prince of Pleasure! (Arms meltagun, takes aim, and squeezes the trigger.) Face the God-Emperor's judgment!

To kind of follow up on my previous claim regarding alignment, traditionally being "lawful" meant following either the rules and regulations or following a strict code of conduct. It's safe to say Sisters do both. As for being good, that is something that really is in the eye of the person involved. I mean no one bats and eye as a Paladin murders a dozen kobolds leaving their children to become orphans, but they'll still say he's "good".

In the eyes of the Imperium the Sisters are undoubtedly "good". They eliminate the dangers of mutations (much of which can be warp taint), they deal with heresy (which often has ties to chaos and its darker powers) and they fight against the malignant energies of chaos. To the Imperium the Sisters are basically the 40k equivalent of Paladins.

As for their use of fire, that has a lot of religious connotations. Fire is a tool of cleansing and purification. The Sisters are purifying the soul by burning away the sin (and the flesh that that sin resides in). From a religious standpoint their pyromania makes sense and is logical, even if it chafes against our ideals.

When considering someone's alignment, it should never be done through a lens of what we think is good or evil but what is seen as good or evil inside of the setting.

I actually disagree. I think it's much more interesting to look at fictional characters - especially protagonist/hero types - through the lens of our own culture.

Fiction - science fiction especially, although fantasy can never quite escape it - is a reflection, often dark, of the psychology of the culture that creates it. By looking at what we create - what shape our heroes and anti-heroes take - we can learn some really interesting things about ourselves, too.

I actually disagree. I think it's much more interesting to look at fictional characters - especially protagonist/hero types - through the lens of our own culture.

Fiction - science fiction especially, although fantasy can never quite escape it - is a reflection, often dark, of the psychology of the culture that creates it. By looking at what we create - what shape our heroes and anti-heroes take - we can learn some really interesting things about ourselves, too.

Well said.

I'd say sisters are perfectly lawful neutral.  The ends justifies the means and all morally difficult things it comes with.  Purge the population of heretics of doesn't mean BURN THEM ALL to a lawful good Paladin.

No, that makes no sense. Sisters are an independent force and so they will remain. If anything it would be if the Inquisition would be merged with the Sisters, as their codex is a bit thin but I can't see that happening. The Witch Hunters codex is a long time ago now.

The future of Sisters is one thing only: wait for GW's update - same with any army that's getting long in the tooth. Until then it's business as normal, those xenos and heretics aren't going to set themselves of fire msn-wink.gif

Archived