SW1's Wolves

SW1

Cheers RPR. Edited in these to the above entry:

Hidden Content

gallery_25187_11901_53103.jpg

gallery_25187_11901_319200.jpg

Think this pic shows the variation I managed to get with the old Njal model:

gallery_25187_11901_206348.jpg

Lol ... They still look like they are doing the YMCA.

Well Cypher is in the bag and 90% of the other Wolf Priest in TDA is done. :tu:

The metals on the Ulrik and the other 2 Wolf Priests is sorted but I need to go over some of the black then crack on with the other colours. :p

Jeez SW, can I just send the rest of my army to you for paint?

Lol ... It's my annual paintathon I've got enough models to keep me going a few years before I can start looking at painting for others. However the compliment is very welcome and helps keep me going.

I use a lot of washes and they take time to dry so having a batch to do helps. I'm also a really messy painter when I'm going fast but can be really neat when I slow down.

I'll take some pics as I go along with the next vow.

It also helps to have most of the model rather neutral/dull as mistakes don't really show as long as you have some neat high contrast bits. They trick the eye into seeing it all neat and within the lines.

Just did a quick 10 mins before having to head out and realised messy equals quick.

For the Wolf Priests using the Ulrik

model I was going to do a multi layered black. Instead roughly slapped all the metallics with a heavy wet brush of a medium silver. I could have been neat and taken 20+ mins on each model but I did them all in about 2 mins. Then it was a heavy black wash over the entire model, again no need to be neat as everything will get atleast one extra layer. So being messy saved well over an hour.

Almost got Ulrik done and had a look at the Cypher in daylight. Think I need to work on him a bit more before calling him done. I tried leaving the face black but it doesn't work. :(

Almost got Ulrik done and had a look at the Cypher in daylight. Think I need to work on him a bit more before calling him done. I tried leaving the face black but it doesn't work. :(

Maybe just a progressive grey dry rush to bring out the pronounced edges?? Or just a careful edge highlight??

End of Line

Happy with how he looks. Needs to do a photo dump and then he on the tablet to stick in all the pics.

I can now add Cypher, Ulrik and the other TDA Wolf Priest to the finished list. Just got the last 2 WP's to finish (mainly the browns leather/fur).

Hail to you SW1...

your speed is absolutely impressing, I'm not nearly that fast.

Your old Njals really look great (altough they're dancing :happy.:)

Gladly your HobbyFo returned in time to be part of our ETL V!

Keep on painting...

Well here is the official pic's for the ETL completion of vow 1 totalling 3,000 points!!!

Hidden Content

gallery_25187_11901_158737.jpg

250 - Logan

gallery_25187_11901_54464.jpg

195 - Ragnar

gallery_25187_11901_375982.jpg

180 - Njal in TDA

gallery_25187_11901_585896.jpg

180 - Njal in RA

gallery_25187_11901_142906.jpg

80 - Lukas

gallery_25187_11901_315506.jpg

180 - Wolf Lord in TDA with digital weapons, power fist and wolf claw

gallery_25187_11901_169278.jpg

180 - Wolf Lord in TDA with digital weapons,Black Death, storm shield

gallery_25187_11901_195852.jpg

195 - Wolf Lord in RA with jump pack, digital weapons, power fist and wolfs claw

gallery_25187_11901_12448.jpg

185 - Wolf Lord in RA with digital weapons and two power fists

gallery_25187_11901_376949.jpg

150 - Wolf Priest in TDA with digital weapons

gallery_25187_11901_100762.jpg

155 - Wolf Priest in RA with digital weapons and plasma pistol

gallery_25187_11901_319200.jpg

130 - Rune Priest mastery level 2 in RA with digital weapons, psychic hood

gallery_25187_11901_53103.jpg

130 - Rune Priest mastery level 2 in RA with digital weapons, psychic hood

gallery_25187_11901_145645.jpg

190 - Cypher

gallery_25187_11901_372.jpg

145 - Ulrik

gallery_25187_11901_94745.jpg

150 - Wolf Priest in TDA with digital weapons

gallery_25187_11901_223465.jpg

170 - Wolf Priest in RA with jump pack, digital weapons and plasma pistol

gallery_25187_11901_80540.jpg

155 - Wolf Priest in RA with digital weapons and plasma pistol

More pic's can be found in my Gallery. Really want to get hold of a better camera (basically not just the phones camera) and a nice background.

For the question of follow up vows I'm going to spend some time playing around with the models already prepped and work out what gets done next. Due to go on holiday with the family the end of next week so will likely vow once back. Lol ... The wife will allow me to take parts with me to assemble but no paints coming along with us.

I've just started grabbing everything assembled and spraying it with an under/basecoat. There's so many random bits I think I need to get much more organised. :p

So currently working on the next vow. I think a quick re-vow is worth doing rather than trying to get to bang on 3,000 points again. I'm not aiming for 15,000 points. If I was maximising points if be getting Long Fangs and TDA WG built. Lol ... Maybe I'll have them ready to do after this lot? So currently looking possibly along these lines ...

235 - Wolf Lord in Armour of Asvald Stormwrack with Pelt of Balewolf, Fellclaws Teeth, digi weapons, thunder hammer and stormshield

135 - Rune Priest in RA with psychic hood, Frostfury, jump pack and digi weapons

110 - Rune Priest in TDA with, psychic hood, digital weapons, storm bolter

105 - Rune Priest in RA with digital weapons, psychic hood

90 - Iron Wolf Priest with tempest hammer and digi weapons

110 - Iron Wolf Priest with tempest hammer, helfrost pistol and digi weapons

330 - wolf guard pack all with jump packs thunder hammers and stormshields

155 - wolf guard pack all with combi weapons and a single power weapon

155 - wolf guard pack all with combi weapons and a single power weapon

160 - Skyclaws Pack with 2 meltaguns, power fist and wolf guard with pair of wolf claws

160 - Skyclaws Pack with 2 meltaguns, power fist and wolf guard with pair of wolf claws

160 - Skyclaws Pack with 2 plasma pistols, power weapon and wolf guard with pair of wolf claws

140 - Skyclaws Pack with 2 flamer, power weapon and wolf guard with pair of wolf claws

125 - Skyclaws Pack with 2 flamers and wolf guard with pair of wolf claws

That lot comes out at a total of 2,390 points. Do I just vow that or push it up to 3,000 points?

Just came across the classic space wolf captain model in the bits box. He's going to get a dusting off and adding to the vow. There's also a beheaded Ulrik with a convered old metal Grey Knights force sword replacing the crozius. Just need to work out which head will fit the bill and that's 2 wolf lords to add to the mix. :p

One thing that's becoming apparent is the cost of the bases to mount this lot up on is mounting up. I'm probably going to paint them up and place on holding bases while I await funds to get more resin to cast up more bases.

Tried casting some up last night and found the resin I currently have is too old and not curing. :(

Cheers for the heads up. I've got my own moulds to cast up with. Just need to have the time to order resin in bulk and then use it up. ;)

My main costing issue with casting is I never seem to use it all up so there's an added cost per unit I need to factor in.

Someone decided to stay up till 2am and play about with the contense of 2 BaC boxes and some PA SW kits. You get 120 SW flavoured marines if you mix legs from one kit and the chests from the other. A 50:50 bare heads to mk4 helmets mix and a feeling of a 30k force can be found without worrying too much about the armour looking out of place. :p

There may be a slight redirection going forward on the vows to come.

I've started to cobble together some void claws. Replacing the heads with a chopped up SW wolf helmet. There was the spare crozius from the Cypher conversion which has lead to the creation of another Wolf Priest. I may have also started off converting up a few Wolf Lords. ;)

*cough* only 7 of them *cough*

I love the old metal models but they at so hard to use in comparison to the plastics. So metal models after the jump troops may find less space on the next vow. Though they need painting as well and there are several 100 to get on with. Gah ... I really could do with getting them painted before the BaC stuff!!!

Being stuck in work has meant I can start cleaning up random bits. The phones are really busy so I can't get much out so I've been slowly adding more hair texture to helmet less heads. I've only managed 2 but really enjoying it. If I can speed the process up I'll do more but at the moment it's just a bit of fun. :p

Archived