SW1's Wolves

SW1

Didn't manage to take progress shots as my phone battery was dead last night.

I'm close to finishing 24 of the current vow. I've got into a nice flow with the way I'm painting at the moment. Though I've lost some of my brush control from not painting enough of late.

I've also noticed while painting with a single daylight bulb it does help show true colours but being from a single direction my hands can throw the model into shadow just when I'm trying to detail stuff. So I'm thinking of a second lamp as a possible solution. Or trying to get hold of one of those big strip lights.

I've got about a quarter of the vow finished and based. Another quarter just need the grey and faces doing. The third quarter have had metals done and then washed. The final quarter need metals and everything else doing

Well ill family have meant no hobby time recently. Really want to get on with hobby stuff but RL kicks in. Rather than rushing this vow I'm going to take it steady and probably call it a day vow wise. I've also got to fit in renovating the bathroom before mid August now.

• 2 weeks later...
Well no paintbrush time but the bathroom has been worked on. Removed a shower (first time for plumbing and electrics fun ... What can possibly go wrong). Finished plastering the ceiling, tiling got sorted as well last night and also affixed the shower back in place. Just need to finish the grouting, seal around the bath paint and lay a new floor. Erm ... I am having a painting session very soon honest!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm alive!!!

Falling down the toilet isn't far off what happened. I've spent the last week having layed a new floor trying to re-plumb a toilet and sink. In retrospect it was quite funny but having sorted out the soil pipe with no leaks I had the fun experience of trying to not have the joint between the tank an the bit you sit on not leak every time you flush.

The original plan was to have it done within a day and then have 3 days wife and children free, 72 hours of painting time would have been vow complete. Maybe even a cheeky extra vow squeezed in.

Instead I've not quite finished the bathroom and they're back home already. So it's going to be a scramble to complete the vow. :(

Managed an hour last night. Already sneaked in 30 mins today. Tonight the wife has earmarked the kitchen table for her own hobby related stuff (sowing). Do I'll have the hobby space and free reign to paint for many hours once the kids are in bed.

Slight emergency realisation that I need to do stuff in a different order. Was going to wait to do the bases last forgetting the varnish I use takes over 24 hours to dry. If I'd have left them till last there would be no bases for some of the models. :(

So put down the models and cracked out the bases. :d

All metals have been done and washed. The bases have had their varnish applied.

Tonight it'll be a rush to get all the reds blocked in with a base, all brown/bone blocked in brown then and flesh blocked in. After that it'll be doing the extra layers on the browns/bone and applying brown wash to all the above colours. I have to get to this point on all the models tonight to have any chance of finishing on time.

Today will be filled with steam engines as it's my youngest lads birthday. :d

All metals have been done and washed. The bases have had their varnish applied.

Tonight it'll be a rush to get all the reds blocked in with a base, all brown/bone blocked in brown then and flesh blocked in. After that it'll be doing the extra layers on the browns/bone and applying brown wash to all the above colours. I have to get to this point on all the models tonight to have any chance of finishing on time.

Today will be filled with steam engines as it's my youngest lads birthday. :biggrin.:

Happy birthday to your little man! Model railroading in my younger (lol) days was what got me into model wargaming in the first place.

"so you're saying I can paint models AND there's an awesome strategy game I can play!" "count me in!"

Good luck finishing your vow!

With an hour and a half left I have to attach 12 models to their bases and glue on 4 heads and finish the grey on 3 models. Urgh ... Cutting it fine!!!

Finished with a few minutes to spare. Going to get my mate to bring around a decent camera to take better pics. Today I'm going to treat all my brushes to a soak in brush soap and a deep clean. They got a bit neglected in the rush.

Got a bit of a better pic of the full 6,000 points on my spruced up painting table:

gallery_25187_11901_588241.jpg

Didn't realise quite how many TDA and jump pack models I'd completed until I got them together. :D

Next year it will be more models!!!

So with the pending drop of 30k wolves I want to look at what to prep but drawing a blank.

I think this may be where I end my painting output for the wolves until it drops. I've got plans on painting up several 500 point chunks of other armies to keep my productivity going.

It won't stop me playing around with different kits though. So expect some more bare plastic/resin.

Lol ... I also need to either get some decent pics taken for the finished models or just take them with my phones camera.

Archived