SW1's Wolves

SW1

The kit bash is a carbon copy of what I've done for my Bjorn. All in all 3 Epic titans have been sacrificed for their legs. It makes a box dread see eye to eye with a Contemptor Dread. ;)

Will get more pics up once I work in them.

So a distinct lack of painting has happened since the last update. RL threw a curveball with a section of the big greenhouse where I have a plot becoming available. My windows were becoming overgrown with plants so I had to jump at the chance. :lol:

You can now see out of the windows at my house and the plants are much better accommodated. :)

So tomorrow I'll be back to painting models!!! :devil:

• 2 weeks later...

Ended up taking the kids to the inlaws. No painting for me but I have been kept busy with laying a driveway.

Moving a truck full of stone chippings by wheelbarrow is ... Erm ... Better than staying inside getting "talked to" by the father inlaw. ;)

We escape home tomorrow evening. I'm hoping there will be atleast a little painting time for me once the kids have settled. I'm so close to finishing several models and hoping a week or so will find me on another vow. :devil:

Lol ... I'm actually looking forward to getting back to work on Saturday after this little "break" away!!! :lol:

Went to paint last night and I can't find my tray of models I'm working on.

The tray seems to have been tided up pre going to the inlaws. :(

Well still no sign of they yet and off to work. Got the lads looking for me while I'm at work so hopefully they'll have better luck.

I'm hoping that the models are still together and haven't been tipped into another box or something similar.

Lesson learned don't leave models on the kitchen table. :(

• 1 month later...

Sad to hear. I really hoped you would find them. Now its a lost Greatcompany in the warp ;)

But its hard to focus on the hobby when you are living with those mean terrorists, which are known as family. I notice it every day...

• 4 weeks later...

:cuss my dear little brother has just text me to say the missing models have turned up at his place. He says he found them in a box of scenery stuff. Not sure why any scenery would be heading from my place to his?

I feel like kicking his arse. But I also should have checked there knowing his tendencies to acquire my stuff. :(

Currently trying to work out what to do with my hobby as I've packed away all of my own models. The paints are still out as I've been painting his stuff when he comes over. But not really enjoying painting at the moment.

Younger brothers sometimes do stupid things. Trust me, I'm the one. But I think that when he realized that you are sad about the models, he utterly wants to bring them back to you... Still a little flagellation is required, or convers one of the models as a slave from his army. As a reminder :)

The models will be returned tonight. Let's hope they are in ok shape!!!

Might help me get my mojo back hobby wise.

What shape is 30k in at the moment for SW's rules wise?

It's better now that they updated the FAQ :) Best to check the AoD section of the forum for specifics but they changed the wording allowing Wolves to actually be able to use certain Rites of War properly.

• 3 weeks later...

Well the models have turned up. Curiosity more than anything got me to pick up the new codex.

I'm currently pondering how to move forward. There will be a definite lack of painting for a few more weeks as I've got final harvests on the allotment to get out of the way. Then when winter arrives I'll crack on.

Archived