Help me name my warband

BrassClaw

So hey guys, how is everyone?

So I started a WIP thread here (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/319145-brassclaws-horde-of-khorne/) and I thinking about writing down some fluff pieces for my Khorne Daemonkin warband and my traitor guard force.

The problem is that GW STOLE MY FLUFF furious.gif Not really, but my original idea was the Blood Vultures; a force that would eat the fallen bodies after battle, friend and foe alike. This is basically the fluff of The Wrath at this point. So I thinking it’s time to make something new up.

But first I need a name. Now I could stick with Blood Vultures (although I basically made that name because vultures eat the remains of the dead wacko.png ) OR go with something new.

1. Blood Vultures(original name)
  2. Blades of Blood (not an original name, but one with no existing fluff attach to it)
  3. Crimson Butchers (a play-off of Crimson Slaughter)
  4. Howling Hounds
  5. Fists of Khorne (a play-off of Fists of Brass)
  6. Something you can come up with? (please post)

Now if you post your own name, I would like to avoid using "Bloody" as an adjective because my traitor guard are known as the “Bloody Greys”

Thanks for the help!

Either or really, I usually come up with a name first then a background, although I've done the other way round as well so both work, depends on the person's own thought process

Although I am really interested in what the fluff for these guys will be. Especially after seeing the models and army list in the related thread

Maybe the Brass Claws? msn-wink.gif

You know, the thought did occur to me. I do have plans for the name Brass Claw for one of the berzerker aspiring champions. Fun fact, i got the name from a quote in the 3.5 chaos marines codex. The quote was from a dude named "Iron Claw" but a khorne it up a bit.

Hello!

While I did play around with silly puns like "the HaemorRage" I thought I'd have a go

The Carrion Host

The Carrion Legion

The Blood Storm

The Slaughter Host ( a bit similar to Slaughter Cult but I can't get it out of my head . . . )

The Carnage

The Carcass Makers

The Carrion Wake

The Devourers

The Red Tide

The Flesh Flayers

The . . . (argh! My brain! It hurts!)

Sorry that's all I got for now, if it helps I have a Khornate Daemonic Legion known as the Brass Legion of Lasceration, could use that somehow?

EDIT: had a few more

The Gorekin

The Slaughter Lords

The Flesh Hunters

wow, a lot of names. The one that stood out to me was The Devourers, maybe because it fall out usual pattern. I will keep that in mind for sure, if not for the warband, for a unit for sure.

Brass Claws isn't too bad.

But wouldn't it be better to come up with background and name the warband accordingly?

How about the:

Doom Eaters

The Masticators

The Consumers

The Digesting Host

The Corpse Covenant

I guess its a little bit of the chicken and the egg situation. I usually like to think of a name, then think of the reason why the group got the name. That's just my process though.

Maybe to help you guys out in the naming process I will give you some notes on what's in the army:

• The warband is very mechanized. With Rhinos for most of the squads
  • Mostly made up of Berzerkers with the odd daemonic unit
  • The warband uses a lot of daemon engines (Soul Grinders, Forge Fiends, Lord of Skull)

I say stick with Blood Vultures and the cannibal thing. Just because GW didnt doesn't mean you can't do it either. When I made my Dancying Scythes chapter I didnt shirk away from making them super mechanized even though the Aurora Chapter is super mechanized.

Yeah, I totally forgot that the cannibal was dropped in the first place . . .

Opens up the naming thing all over again

The eating of the dead is, as said by sitnam, not off limits just because of GW. However I personally it would be best to no longer have this as a main feature, more of a thing they do a lot. Unless there's more significance to this eating of the dead than we thought?

Hey guys

I glad for all the interest in naming my little warband. I have chosen the Crimson Butchers for the name and I will be picking names from here for squad names.

Berzerker Squad A: The Doom Eaters

Berzerker Squad B: The Claws of Khorne

Berzerker Squad C: The Blood Vultures

Berzerker Squad D: The Slaughter Lords

Berzerker Squad E: The Hounds of Gore

Possessed Squad A: The Devourers

As for the the whole cannibal thing, I think i will keep it but as Erasus said. I will put more meaning behide it rather than just have as the whole "HAHAHAHA I'm evil NOM NOM NOM". Eating the dead for the Crimson Butchers is the process in become Possessed. They believe that consuming others increases there power, making it easier for a daemon to inhabit them. 

As for the the whole cannibal thing, I think i will keep it but as Erasus said. I will put more meaning behide it rather than just have as the whole "HAHAHAHA I'm evil NOM NOM NOM". Eating the dead for the Crimson Butchers is the process in become Possessed. They believe that consuming others increases there power, making it easier for a daemon to inhabit them. 

If that is the case, how do the Crimson Butchers feel about certain rituals? And, by extension, sorcerers? I take it they'll be toeing the party-line and hate psykers?

If that is the case, how do the Crimson Butchers feel about certain rituals? And, by extension, sorcerers? I take it they'll be toeing the party-line and hate psykers?

So although I haven't put anything to digital paper yet. I picture my war band to be very pragmatic. The war band doesn’t have any psykers, but there main ally the “Bloody Greys” a traitor guard force, makes use of psykers to summon bloodletters on to the battle field. So demonomancy is at least tolerated.

Archived