Model transport

Yoyo ninja

Does anyone have one of the GW crusade box things? If so would it be big enough to fit 3 Knights and a full Wolves list in it? The Wolves list would be the usual pods and TWC kinda stuff at around 1500pts.

I'm looking for a new transport case, as mine are not big enough, and I would like to know of people's experiences with the GW ones before I spend that much cash on one. Tah.

I picked the mid sized one recently (not sure of the name) and I'm just back from a 1750pt tournament and it was able to fit it all. That consisted of  2 DP, Rhino, Dread, 25 troops, 15 Fen Wolves and 6 TWC (bikes with wolves) so you should be well sorted with the big one for 2000 to 3000 pt armies. However any vehicles, and I'd guess Knights, can really fill up a layer really quickly. Hope this helps. 

I have the crusade box and I currently pack away a full 2,500 Ork army and all of my SW's in it minus armor. When I've gone to tourny's I've been able to fit 7-8 cav with about 40-50 guys (GH, LF's) With a Rhino as well as a Storm Wolf. The three knights could be tricky, you might have one sitting out but I could see you fanangiling two knights in there. Hvae your army be on the bottom two layers (This is four sheets of foam by the way) and on the top layer just take the inside square out so you have enough room for the knights. With pods I think you may have too many big items however that case would drop you down to one big case and maybe a tupperware for the pods/1 knight.

Definitely love mine, it is great for tourny's and also for storing away a HUGE amount of minis.

I have the biggest case, what ever it is called. And to be honest, I don't like it. The jagged bits of foam hold the models in well, but getting them in and out is a pain in the buttocks.

I can fit all of my 45 TDAWG into it, along with two BlizzDreads, Bjorn, and my StormGrrr. I have to transport the pods in a separate case, to my dismay.

I am seriously contemplating selling the case off and picking up a Battle Foam or KR Mulitcase instead...

End of Line

I've got a few crusader cases, they really are good cases. I think you should be able to get three imperial Knights put in on the bottom level and have enough room for a decent list. My only problem I have is drop pods but that really comes down to the drop pods themselves being so big and bulky and is not a issue with the crusader case.

I have the large case, and I don't like it at all. Its very expensive for what you get. It is excellent for storing standard infantry, which are the easiest to store anyway. In my opinion u will have a hard time fitting 3 knights in it, without anything else. I can fit 9 thunderwolves in a tray since i've cut the alternate cross pieces. Its not great for vehicles or uniquely posed models.

I got some battlefoam for my white scars and its perfect, I wish I had directly invested in their stuff and some custom trays. Sorry for the cynicism, but i feel strongly about my advice

I have the large case, and I don't like it at all. Its very expensive for what you get. It is excellent for storing standard infantry, which are the easiest to store anyway. In my opinion u will have a hard time fitting 3 knights in it, without anything else. I can fit 9 thunderwolves in a tray since i've cut the alternate cross pieces. Its not great for vehicles or uniquely posed models.

I got some battlefoam for my white scars and its perfect, I wish I had directly invested in their stuff and some custom trays. Sorry for the cynicism, but i feel strongly about my advice

It's ok, your entitled to you opinion.

I invested in the big one in the end and this is its first trip out, just sat at the train station. I have managed to fit 3 Knights and a fair amount of wolves in it. I couldn't get the pods in, but I have another bag with me for books and stuff anyway so it's not the end of the world.

The only drawback I'm finding so far is the price, it's very expencive. I will update at the other end.

I just dropped $500+ over at Battlefoam to get foam and bags as my collection has outgrown my GW and Sabol cases. Battlefoam is having a big sale on a lot of their foam trays right now so that finally pushed me over the hump. I got 2 bags and about 20 different foam trays for $400. The killer was the shipping because the only options they had were FedEx. That alone was over $100. But, after having seen my friends with the Battlefoam cases, especially the PACK 720 case, I am thoroughly sold on them, even though I haven't even received mine yet.

3 Knights, a razorback, 17 hunters, 5 termies, 5 TWC, a rune priest, and a dread. And no breakages, I'm pretty impressed. I haven't ever managed to get pics to work on this site, not sure why, but I'll see what I can do, just for you guys :)

I have a crusade case and some KR multicase foam. I like the KR stuff a lot, but it's slightly less forgiving if you pick the wrong sized spaces. I despise the pluck foam personally. I just don't have the patience for that.

The Crusade case is... weird? It does pretty well to hold a bunch of stuff, but I don't know if I believe in it not bouncing my models around.

My stuff is pretty cramed in there, I wouldn't want to bash it about to much. The reason I wanted it to fit all that stuff in is because I don't want to be 'that guy'. I can put two armies in it and give my opponent the choice if they don't want to play Knights (that said, I did just loose with my Knights, they ain't that good.)

Here you go, a pic of where it all went in the case...

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/177676-stuff-in-crusader-case/

Edit: so dispite putting the img in brackets before and after the link as directed in the b&c 101, it still came out as a link instead of an imbedded picture. Are there any mods (or someone smarter than me at computer stuff) that work out what I'm doing wrong?

Edited by Yoyo ninja

Im a huge fan of the KR cases. Carrying them on my back is a major plus. You can get the backpack that carries two of the cardboard boxes and that should be able to fit the nights with the pods.

Best packing cases ive seen have been the KR ones. The fact the offer so many different combos of trays/packs on the site is ace.

And they even have foam trays custom cut for drop pods (AND lucious pods) :wink:

Edited by DanPesci

Perhaps one day I will go ahead and get the custom cut foam but for now, paying the $100 for the GW zigzag foam is a decent alternative till I feel the need to drop that money. Especially since I also use it to carry non SW armies as well, it works for what I need it to do.

To have the pictures appear directly, if you have saved the =m in you r gallery on B&C.

Click the my media button. Go to the gallery images, the find and click on the picture you want to display. When you are done picking images, click finished.

A wee bit of code will appear in your comment, but when you post the picture will appear on the page.

Besides that, well done on packing so many models into a case. Cases are one thing I have never really invested in and maybe I should. However I keep getting 5 litre ice cream tubs for free rom work, which has done me well so far lol... Atleast for storing the models at home.:)