Hi there;

First, the bad news. As I'm really tired after work (afraid I'm no going to have a day off until September), I lack the confidence to manage power tools, so the big dread is in slow motion right now.

The good news on him is that I started to work on the nacelles. Solved the arm problem with more bits from the sentinel legs, and the right arm in on the surgeon's table. But that will come slowly.

Another stuff I think its solved is the rear engine; for that the grav-flux bombard is going to be chopped in half (again, when I feel comfy with the dremel again) and'll be using the cabling hablf of it (need to check if the remains also fit in the upper hull's gap so I can kill two birds in one shot).

But I was eager to hobby stuff, so I managed something completely unrelated. A Dark Eldar Succubus conversion. Here, have a look!

gallery_33122_12635_477245.jpg

Still a rough pose mock-up. But as he isn't going to need any dremel afaik, maybe I manage to finish him one of these days.

WIP to do list on the Succubus:

Cut his left leg and give him a bionic one.

Swap the belly blue-tac with GS (he's pretty tall, more than a marine)

Put a magnet in the middle of the belly GS so I can swap the pistol holster for another sword just in case he needs to imperson Lilith)

Cut all of those spikes and give him pirate trousers and a girdle with GS

Make a leather boot for his good leg

Swap the head (the one he have is temporary, just to have a general feeling of his lifestyle) with an improved pirate hat

Give him a great coat (still waiting for the bit to arrive)

And convert a servo-skull into a phantasm grenade launcher.

The coat I'm waiting for:

Warhammer-40k-Bitz-Militarum-Tempestus-S

All in all, sorry for the lack of updates on the main project, but I hope you enjoy the new side one as much as I do :)

Cheers!

I realized that most of stuff on this thread is related to space piracy in some way; 30k Blackshields (focus on piracy), now Red Corsairs (which is where the Malevolent Class Dreadnought belongs) and now a Dark Eldar count as army of bloodthirsty steampunkish pirates. So I'm going to change the title and update the op with link when I get stuff done.

Focusing on the DE dudes right now, as is only the "easy" way I can do hobby at the moment. Names and behavior would stem from the "Treasure Island" novel. They will ride Raiders and Ravagers because I :censored: :wub: airships :P

This also gives me free range for conversions, and I plan to have a Tantalus as a centerpiece of my army, and rules wise, they'll be a piratical wych cult (I need to think a name for it yet).

Here's a rundown of the Space Pirates project:

= Space Pirates/Dark Eldar Wych Cult=

Captain Silver (Succubus)

Mr Merry, Quartermaster (Drazhar)

Billy Bones, First Mate (Succubus)

Cutthroat squad (Blood brides)

Brigand squad (Incubi)

Thieves & Murderers squad (Wyches)

Raider

Raider

Raider

Reaper/Ravager

Reaper/Ravager

Reaper/Ravager

The Tantalus

Ambitious stuff I know, but I'll see if I can manage it. I have all the infantry -to be assembled yet!- so the purchases are going to be vehicles only, which isn't cheap anyway.

But enough rambling! I have some little progress to show you.

First, Captain Silver next to a HH World Eater (which I thought it would be a great idea to paint the blood with actual red ink instead of paint. Lesson learned):

gallery_33122_12635_1812368.jpg

Now, some progress on him.

gallery_33122_12635_633106.jpg

Working with GS was more difficult than I thought, and there are some fails and mistakes. The girdle would be mostly obscured by the blast pistol and the back will be hidden by the great coat, so I think it will end well. Even if this is a crude one hour job, I feel really pleased with how is he going.

And one more pic, so I had some GS remains and wouldn't throw it away I made a GS pirate hat test.

gallery_33122_12635_1097619.jpg

Which isn't great but could be worse. I'll be throwing it away but served to me as a practice -it took me three attempt to make that awful hat.

If any of you have some suggestions for GS clothes/hats that would be very much appreciated. Cheers!

Thanks Vairocanum ^_^ 

Waiting for a couple of bit orders to arrive to complete him and start in his Cutthroat retinue.

I want to try another way of GS working that don't involve making actual pants or hats, but more like building them over the miniature. Going to test that on another pair of Deldar legs and see if I can do better.

Cheers!

Yeah, those puny World Eaters... :laugh.:

Which is a reason I'm holding on anything power armor, until we see proper scaled csm. If that even comes, if not, then I have about 15 unassembled terminators waiting to be used as true scale heretic astartes ^_^

Thanks for the compliment on the pirate tho! His great coat just arrived, so i'll make some progress on him soon, hopefully.

Also this week another batch of 20 some bits should arrive, to work on him and some baddies of his crew.

Cheers!

Part of the ship, part of the crew, Capt'n!

As for painting suggestions, well, yes, at least for the Red Corsairs. Initially, they were going to be dark red, following Kizzdougs amazing tutorial to achieve something like this (who am I kidding xD):

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN3963_zpsjqzqdxyz.jpg

But then stomped to his menacing Space Wolf:

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN3971_zps95m3ovxm.jpg

And thought that that kind of dark grey would be great to put white skull & crossbones on the shoulders, so I'm a bit torn in this matter.

But I'll be away from the RC for a while, focusing on the non-augmented space pirates :)

Little progress today, just managed to clean up and assemble the coat and blue-tacked to Silver to how it feels.

img_20170629_210020.jpg

Sadly the chain bit was missing, and the coat looks a bit big for him (in part due the blue-tack on his back), but I'll try to make it fit and look good ^_^

Cheers!

Today I made the mistake of reading a load of threads on my phone, and missed that a lot of them had more pages....

​The captain is going great. I think his legs might need a bit of cleaning up but the pose and idea is there. 

​Going back a bit I love the dreadnought. Kind of derpy, but in a charming way. 

Today I made the mistake of reading a load of threads on my phone, and missed that a lot of them had more pages....

​The captain is going great. I think his legs might need a bit of cleaning up but the pose and idea is there.

​Going back a bit I love the dreadnought. Kind of derpy, but in a charming way.

Totally, his legs aren't anything good; the more I look at them, the less I like them. So that needs to change now :)

Not sure how I feel about the derpiness of the dread lol

Wow those are some fantastic paintjobs for the marines! The great coat looks pretty good on Captain Silver, looking forward to seeing him completed!

Indeed they are! And all of them are stunning work of Kizzdougs! I thought that I made that clear in the previous post, if not apologies! :pinch:

As for Silver, I finally managed scrap time to try and redo his pants.

gallery_33122_12635_228205.jpg

I think it look better now ^_^

Hopefully the next week will arrive some bits I'm waiting for, and can finish him. Need to buy more GS as I'm running out, and some hobby supplies aswell.

Hate the camera btw, it makes small mistakes to look like mountains :sleep:

Thanks everybody! I've found some bits this moring and been toying around with them.

gallery_33122_12635_124974.jpg

And now I'm undecided on which pose to use. In this one he looks more calm and about to draw his cutlass (it'll be a gloved hand over the grip lol). Maybe I'll give him a smaller sword instead, if I finally decide to go with this pose.

But do you tell me, which pose do you like the most?

Cheers!

It totally makes sense Vairocanum, and is part of the pirate spirit; total disdain over authority, but their own.

I don't know how he will end, but I'm commited to make him as good as I can.

Started to work on the right hand/sword but I was in a rush and couldn't take pics. Will try to post updates later.

Cheers! :pirate:

Update time!

Looks like Silver has changed his mind and is going to be an Archon instead of a count-as Succubus:

gallery_33122_12635_149914.jpg

gallery_33122_12635_1071139.jpg

So, more or less, he is about to be done; need to think if I really want to cut his sabre and give it a scabbard, but other than that, a few mold lines and small touches he is ready to raid :)

But an Archon needs a Court, right? So, I started to work on it (the full court should be 3 Lhamaean and a Sslith wannabe), and I started with the Sslith, which is a character and needs a name. For now, he'll be Mr. Merry, the Quartermaster. And he is indeed a merry guy as you can see here:

gallery_33122_12635_529316.jpg

gallery_33122_12635_362030.jpg

Just a mock-up for now, but you get the idea. He needs some bits -pistol, loincloth, various torture instruments- and work yet but I think I'm on the right path -the raiding path of course.

Here's Silver with Mr. Merry about to start a party on an agri-world:

gallery_33122_12635_1379137.jpg

About the Sslith bases, are they 25 or 32 mm? I want to make him legal.

Hope you like them both! ^_^

I think for Captain Silver I prefer the scabbarded sword from one of your previous pics. Also the dark elf hand does looks a bit smaller compared to the pistol hand. Mr. Merry is looking great too! Definitely looking forward to seeing more of the crew!

That captain looks great mate, a very unique idea that you have executed very well. The second pose with the pistol up is great and I would stick with that. I love the peg leg and how you've placed the coat over his shoulder. Very very cool :)

I think for Captain Silver I prefer the scabbarded sword from one of your previous pics. Also the dark elf hand does looks a bit smaller compared to the pistol hand. Mr. Merry is looking great too! Definitely looking forward to seeing more of the crew!

Yeah, I think that with scabbard makes more sense too, as for the hand, if he finally keeps it, I hope that albeit a tad smaller it wouldn't be noticeable if not closely scrutinized. But just in case I'm working on alternatives:

gallery_33122_12635_227545.jpg

If I just had an open, human sized, right hand I could use the top one. And maybe I just cut the dark elf sword near the grip -so a few of the blade can bee seen, as to give some small motion- and glue it to the scabbard, like he's actually drawing the sword.

That captain looks great mate, a very unique idea that you have executed very well. The second pose with the pistol up is great and I would stick with that. I love the peg leg and how you've placed the coat over his shoulder. Very very cool :smile.:

Thanks a lot Nemac! The 2nd pose has grow so much on me that it will be most likely the final pose ^_^

Now I may use a bit of help from you gents. As it is to be decided yet what would do a good alternative to splinter rifles for the rank and file warriors, as I cannot make my mind yet. Here are the option I have currently available in enough numbers:

gallery_33122_12635_102871.jpg

And also an alternate CCW for Mr. Merry which I'm not sure about it as the old orc scimitar have a naginata/guan dao feeling, but this one looks pretty brutal to be honest:

gallery_33122_12635_243684.jpg

Cheers!