Just a quick update to the background of the 7th and their Col.

Regiment Commander's Name

Brevet Col. Joesev Sunderland   

Regiment Commander Description

After serving at Sector Command, Maj. Sunderland was offered the chance to take command of one of the Companies in the newly formed 7th Scansin.  There was no hesitation on his part, as he felt that he would be able to bring his years of experience to the newly founded Regiment.  Little did he know that the original command staff of the 7th Scansin was much more interested in looking good, than they were in being effective.

Although he was not well respected in the Officer Ranks, Maj. Sunderland ensured that his Company was well drilled in the art of war.  Years of experience had showed him the importance of drill and training, and he would be damned if his troopers couldn't fight for the Emperium. Following the disaster that was New Praxis, most of the officer billets in the 7th Scansin were open.  It was at this point that Marshal Argos, pulled strings to get Maj. Sunderland temporary Command of the 7th.  Once the 7th had been resupplied and was back up to combat strength, Marshal Argos once again ensured that the Regiment was assigned to BG82, and gave Maj. Sunderland a Brevet to Colonel.  

Regiment Background

The 7th Scansin Regiment has been formed many times of the years.  As with all the Planets within the Vallivar sub-system, Scansin re-uses its regimental numbers, seldom going above 42 numbered Regiments. As light Infantry Regiment the 7th Scansin has no Armor of its own, relying instead on CC Pattern heavy weapons.   The Infantry are armed with Victoria Pattern Las weapons, while the NCO's and Officers carry pistols and close combat weapons. 

Shortly after their latest founding the Regiment was posted to New Praxis, where it suffered upwards off 60% casualties. This relegated them to a supporting roll over the next 14 months until reinforcements had arrived from Scansin. Additionally, this also gave the 7th a chance to properly train for it's next deployment.  Col. Sunderland immediately threw out the old training plan (which only required officers to be present on Thursday mornings until 1100) and developed a plan that would ensure that the 7th would never again disgrace the Emperor.  7th Scansin is currently assigned to BG-82 under command of Marshal Argos.

It's also great to see some Assault on Lutum commanders to be pledged as vow models, make sure you don't let them nor the Emperor down msn-wink.gif

Out of curiosity has anyone vowed their overall regiment commander for this round. I see a couple of lord commissars and my company commander but none of the named guys. Have i missed one....? Just curious was all

I was hoping for some in phase 3, but I'll take Brazen's Baneblade ;) It's not important, the only thing that matters is completing your vow of course...

Back from the Warp...

I, Guilloom, hereby pledge the forces of the 2nd Assault Brigade, from the 2nd Company of the XIVth Regiment of Kataris, under Lieutenant Harris Torhteim, to the reclamation of Lutum in the name of the Emperor. The contribution of Lieutenant Torhteim (count as Lord Commissar) at 80 points will do his duty no matter the cost, !

med_gallery_87558_11313_108602.jpeg

And he won’t march alone… 3 Priests (at 0 points ‘cause they’re for fun) will do their duty as well (after some more conversions) !

med_gallery_87558_11313_13823.jpegmed_gallery_87558_11313_162164.jpegmed_gallery_87558_11313_136453.jpeg

Oh, and an Ogryn squad has been dropped on the battlefield too… but not sure they'll be painted before March ends.

med_gallery_87558_11313_63904.jpeg

Progress report - apologies for the awful photo :(

gallery_62353_11005_53472.jpg

3rd day of brushwork and they are starting to look like they belong to the 711th. Tracks tomorrow :(

Just realised that I vowed Demolishers and got carried away painting the Punisher and Executioner weapons instead tongue.png

More photos on my WIP thread.

I the olde gnue guardsman of the 56th Artemisian Enterians do hereby pledge to take Lutum for the glory of the Emperor. In coming back to the fray I will pledge the Colonel brother Mortis iron hand shall be repurposed and repainted to bring great glory to the imperium of man. If I am able to finish this pledge by the end of the month I shall undertake the task of repainting several heavy support elements of the Enterians.

I, Blitzjager hereby pledge elements of the 242nd Ultramar Dragoons, under the command Brigadier Lucius 'Cordy' Cornelius to the reclamation of Lutum in the name of the Emperor.  The contribution of the following units: Company Command Squad with flamer, vox, standard, medic, Master of the Ordnance, and an autocannon Chimera at 206 points; a Leman Russ Exterminator with heavy bolter, heavy bolter sponsons, and a hunter-killer missile at 160 points; will do their duty no matter the cost.

A total of 366 points.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p107/blitzjager/WH40K/WP_20160309_21_38_11_Pro.jpg

It's not much, but I don't see myself being able to get much else done this month...  We'll see what happens next.

"Sir the scouts report seeing enemy movement to left flank. Initial reports estimate Platoon size force attempting to move up between us and the nineteenth."  

"When was this reported?"  Col. Sunderland asked as he strolled through his command tent., "You der?" he asked of an Aide standing nearby. "never-mind,  You go and get dem der horse jockey's on da Vox and tell'em to be 'lert. Id appears the enemy believes we're not up ta da task.  Oh, and let dem Lancers know that got troopers out der, we don't want one of our gettin skewered. "

Recon%2525201.JPG

finished

That's great Blitz, but you can only have either the CCS and Chimera or Russ - pick which you'd like or we'll choose for you (the largest vow). Great conversion work too, looking forward to seeing them all completed - within the month ;)

Well done to you Argos, a great completion there - very nice colours :)

A bit later than planned, although still to the proposed time I hereby complete Nork:

gallery_30308_10604_13625.jpg

I'll see if I can get round to better pictures at some point, he looks a bit better in real life! So far so good though, we're a third of the way through the final month so let's make sure we follow baz's example and get our vows in biggrin.png

Don't forget, everything can matter to the final narrative so a particularly successful showing for this third phase will give the Campaign's end the suitable end - but the same is true of the opposite! I know the barracks is full of heroes, it's up to you to prove me right msn-wink.gif Onwards to glory comrades! thumbsup.gif

Archived