Yep - pretty much what Laurie said at the Weekender, one a month. I think he commented that is was in response to some people that had said the Heresy series (I.e the numbered series, not the novellas or audio dramas) had dried up, along the lines of "be careful what you wish for!"

Do we have any confirmation of what's going to be in the Eye of Terra anthology? The cover looks to show the events of The Wolf of Ash and Fire and I heard that it is supposed to be great crusade era stories but do we know any of the others? I presume they're all stories that have appeared as ebooks before.

Similarly, do we know if The Silent War is to be an anthology or a novel?

Do we have any confirmation of what's going to be in the Eye of Terra anthology? The cover looks to show the events of The Wolf of Ash and Fire and I heard that it is supposed to be great crusade era stories but do we know any of the others? I presume they're all stories that have appeared as ebooks before.

I was told in the other thread Silent War is an anthology. I guess that rhymes with the fact that we don't know of any author who is supposed to be writing this, whereas all the other novels have an author attached to them, including Master of Mankind, Crimson King and Praetorian of Dorn.

Now, I really like that they are showing us these banners with upcoming releases, very good stuff. It seems to me that the above 3 books might well be on the schedule of the last couple of months of 2016. It is indeed the year of the Horus Heresy if that is true.

10 bucks on one new short and rest are retreads

I'm preparing to be disappointed by all of these, but would LOVE to be proven wrong. I feel like I'm always complaining about BL but I know they, (and I) wish they could re-do how the HH rolled out to this point. Though I'm sure there would be just as many novellas etc. Here's hoping the digital versions are released same day I guess.

The only one I know the least about is Eye of terra. It seems:

1. Path of Heaven is a full novel and a sequel to Scars which should be great with Chris wriaght

2. Silent War: Is this a anthology?

3. Angel of Caliban: Sounds like a full length novel. Can we assume it gives more insight into the Tharamas crusade since we don't know too much about.

The only book I don't know much about is Eye of Terra. The cover looks awesome, something that looks more like Master of Mankind. Hopefully both Master of Mankind and Crimson will be after but otherwise seems like a solid year thus far (of course people probably disagree).

The only one I know the least about is Eye of terra. It seems:

1. Path of Heaven is a full novel and a sequel to Scars which should be great with Chris wriaght

2. Silent War: Is this a anthology?

3. Angel of Caliban: Sounds like a full length novel. Can we assume it gives more insight into the Tharamas crusade since we don't know too much about.

The only book I don't know much about is Eye of Terra. The cover looks awesome, something that looks more like Master of Mankind. Hopefully both Master of Mankind and Crimson will be after but otherwise seems like a solid year thus far (of course people probably disagree).

At the risk of sounding like advertising Gav Thorpe was on Combat Phase episode 133 and I interviews him about Dark Angels 30-40K and he talks about Angels of Caliban. It's a full novel. If you was to skip to the end of the episode go about 45 minutes in. On iTunes or http://traffic.libsyn.com/combatphase/Ep_133_-_Legacy_of_Caliban_wGav_Thorpe.mp3. I can't change text color in the iPad evidently but the link is there, ninja hidden if you select and make white. Sorry, iPad sad:(

Curious to know what the title means

Well, there's no "Heaven" in 40k, there's only Hell. So it could mean absolutely anything!

Well the cover image BL emailed round last night (and I think shown at the Weekender) shows the Khan (I assume) fighting what looks like a Slaanesh demon so it could be a fasle heaven which turns out to be hell?

I was told in the other thread Silent War is an anthology. I guess that rhymes with the fact that we don't know of any author who is supposed to be writing this, whereas all the other novels have an author attached to them, including Master of Mankind, Crimson King and Praetorian of Dorn.

Great, cheers. I think the subject matter probably lends itself well to shorts rather than a full novel. I enjoyed the Garro stories much more than I expected from reading Swallow's other work, and the non-Knights Errant stories (thinking of Ghosts Speak Not and The Sigilite here) have been good.

RE: The Path of Heaven: In Scars the path of heaven appears to be essentially peering too deeply into the warp, indulging your psychic abilities and ultimately serving chaos. There's a quote by Yesugei which says the two most foolish things you can do are (i) to deny the path of heaven exists and (ii) to follow it. This fits with the WS approach to the warp, only lightly using their abilities. They don't pretend the warp is empty (as imperial truth holds) but nor do they drink deeply of it (like the Thousand Sons).

Worth noting here that following Scars we might now have a prominent TS character accompanying the Khan. Could be a Thing.

Worth noting here that following Scars we might now have a prominent TS character accompanying the Khan. Could be a Thing.

Blood Ravens: The Origin

Yup, though I understand the authors were told to dial that sort of thing back since A Thousand Sons. There was a 'microshort' about him though, not sure if that said anything about what his goals are or if he'll stay with the WS.

Eye of Terra - Great Crusade stories reprints

Path of Heaven - novel

Silent War - Garro and Sigillite stories reprints

Angels of Caliban - novel

So from 4 releases only 2 are new - nothing changed.

It's the same 1 new book per 3-4 months. furious.gif

Remind you that 'Pharos' was fist released as ebook in DECEMBER! It doesnt matter in which format the book is released. IT IS RELEASED.

Eye of Terra - Great Crusade stories reprints

Path of Heaven - novel

Silent War - Garro and Sigillite stories reprints

Angels of Caliban - novel

So from 4 releases only 2 are new - nothing changed.

It's the same 1 new book per 3-4 months. furious.gif

Remind you that 'Pharos' was fist released as ebook in DECEMBER! It doesnt matter in which format the book is released. IT IS RELEASED.

Is there a list of Great Crusade stories? The following come to mind immediately.

Promethean Sun

Wolf of Ash and Fire

Aurelian

Audios aren't really my thing so very excited about the Silent War!

Wolf of Ash and Fire; shorts from Tales of Heresy and other anthologies (DA, WB, SW etc.) - and you have another anthology. Give it a number - maybe give it additional number and new short and you will have a new piece to sell for fans to eat your money biggrin.png

Wolf of Ash and Fire; shorts from Tales of Heresy and other anthologies (DA, WB, SW etc.) - and you have another anthology. Give it a number - maybe give it additional number and new short and you will have a new piece to sell for fans to eat your money biggrin.png

they should package one short from every anthology they've ever released into another anthology and sell that

#40kinception

On the BL newsfeed last night:

It is with great pleasure that we announce not just one, but FOUR new Horus Heresy titles that will hitting shelves in the coming months. Here's the lowdown:

Book XXXV: Eye of Terra – an anthology
Book XXXVI: Path of Heaven – a novel by Chris Wraight
Book XXXVII: The Silent War – an anthology
Book XXXVIII: Angels of Caliban – a novel by Gav Thorpe

Set your reminder for the Horus Heresy novel series today so you don't miss out on details of any of these new books.

Archived