primarchs chosen

AlphariusOmegon108

If I recall, LoW choices are not allowed in this rite of war. I think the only exceptions are Primarchs like Dorn or Perturabo that can take a super heavy as a dedicated transport. Need to check the book, but I think that's the case.

Exactly that. No LoW slot allowed with that RoW afaik :)

For a fraction more than the points cost of a Typhon, you could bring a Malcador Inferuns Super Heavy Tank with Las Cannons, Chem Munitions and all the jazz, upgraded to a command tank and 20 Las rifle infantry to use as allies.

Consider this :-D

I personally think they should have allowed to have a LoW slot available for superheavies. I mean, how come we are never able to field both the primarch AND a superheavy (or 2!) all in one game in a standard FoC? Would have been fun to have that kind of stand off for sure! Plus, it is kind of realistic to have the legion's master and be able to field all the units available in the arsenal. Some people might think "cheese!" or "OP!", but if that was to happen it means everybody can do it and more people would probably be gettign those superheavy kits as well. 

Yeah I misread that bit. Oopsies. Still, other crazy crap elsewhere. Probably just to make the choice harder as well, otherwise I'd just have a flotilla of Glaives all the time. A flotilla!

Point is, it wouldn't be game breaking to field both a Primarch and a Super heavy.

You'll still be playing at 2.5k or more so there will be plenty of counters.

I've also said this before, but for slightly more than the cost of a fully equipped Typhon you can ally Solar Auxilia in, bring a deadly super heavy like the Malcador Infernus with Preferred enemy or Tank Hunters (honestly this thing has more damage potential than a Typhon) AND a 20 strong blob of decent infantry.

Point is, it wouldn't be game breaking to field both a Primarch and a Super heavy.

You'll still be playing at 2.5k or more so there will be plenty of counters.

My point exactly! And if there was a special chart or RoW to play more superheavies, than you could potentially be able to play a 30K apocalypse, but just more organised.

As example:

Armoured Turtle (roman inspired) OR Deadly Phalanx:

HQ: min-1, max-3

T: min-2; max-4

E: min-0; max-3

FA: min-0; max-3

HS: min-1 (must be a vehicle); max-4

LoW: min-1; max-3

* Contemptor Dreadnought Talons can be taken as troops, but cannot be compulsory; no allied detachments allowed; opponent gains 2 extra victory points for destroying the LoW units; Veteran Squads and Tactical Squads numbering 20 models can take Spartan Assault Tanks as DTs, but will also provide 1 additional victory point to the opponent should the unit be destroyed; a Primarch (if one is included in the army) and the unit he joins may take a Mastodon as DT, however the Mastodon purchased in that way will provide 2 additional victory points to the opponent should it be destroyed.

I'm sure it may look rather sloppy, since im not nearly as experienced gamer as many other people here on the forum. This is to give the idea of how such game would play out if this actually existed. And also FW would be selling a lot more of those Fellblades, Glaives, Falchions and Typhons (etc), which cant be a bad thing!

Unless the Primarch is moved to the HQ slot the 25% Low limit still restricts Leviathan to very large games.

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate forgeworld keeping the game from spiralling into craziness like 40k has... But Emperor knows we all want to plop our Typhons and Primarchs down for a game that won't last 6+ hours!

I like games with regular joes on the table. Ill drop the hobby if it turns every instance of tacticals into a massive tax (not that they aren't a tax already...), so multiple low's are on a list of nope for me.

Take a look at the Onslaught FOC - 2 Lords of War are available. smile.png

It's actually pretty decent and i think despite a few penalties, playing Alpha Legion with it may somehow make up for it (i remeber that i looked there and there was something interesting i noticed, but can't really remeber what it was exactly!). I already made lists for 4500 and 6K pts using Onslaught :)

I suppose it makes sense that FW is trying to hold back from doing what GW did in 40K thus causing it to descend further into chaos... It's probably one of the few reasons why I was nearly done with 40K for good until I accidentally clicked on the Horus Heresy category on FW website and so the Heresy began for me :D

Archived