Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

primarchs chosen

49 replies to this topic

AlphariusOmegon108

AlphariusOmegon108

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,252 posts
  • Location:Veenendaal, Holland, Europe, Planet earth, Solarsystem
  • Faction: Scythes of the emperor
When taking this RoW, can you still take a LoW with this chosen RoW.

For examle, I play 2500pts world eaters, angron is my HQ. But I want to take a typhon as my LoW choice. Is this possible?

Check out my commision work on facebook:  https://www.facebook.../DeamonsAtWork/

feel free to shoot me a PM with guestions or with commisions you want to have done smile.png

gallery_92945_11930_15891.jpeg

m_r_parker

m_r_parker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,184 posts
If I recall, LoW choices are not allowed in this rite of war. I think the only exceptions are Primarchs like Dorn or Perturabo that can take a super heavy as a dedicated transport. Need to check the book, but I think that's the case.
gallery_26271_12264_20095.jpg

Atia

Atia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,049 posts
  • Faction: The Horus Heresy

If I recall, LoW choices are not allowed in this rite of war. I think the only exceptions are Primarchs like Dorn or Perturabo that can take a super heavy as a dedicated transport. Need to check the book, but I think that's the case.

Exactly that. No LoW slot allowed with that RoW afaik :)

Get your daily news, rumours and hobby stuff  http://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/

My WIP Thread (30k, Kill Team, Necromunda and ADEPTUS TITANICUS!)

gallery_29004_10383_126.pngL_T_2_2016_Badge_09_Delegatus.jpgsml_gallery_29004_12090_760.pngETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificergallery_29004_10383_2014.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Medal_01f.gifCall_of_Chaos_11_Banner_01f.jpg

>> Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? <<

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,684 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
For a fraction more than the points cost of a Typhon, you could bring a Malcador Inferuns Super Heavy Tank with Las Cannons, Chem Munitions and all the jazz, upgraded to a command tank and 20 Las rifle infantry to use as allies.

Consider this :-D
  • Atia likes this

-~Ishagu~-

ak1508

ak1508

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 221 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion

I personally think they should have allowed to have a LoW slot available for superheavies. I mean, how come we are never able to field both the primarch AND a superheavy (or 2!) all in one game in a standard FoC? Would have been fun to have that kind of stand off for sure! Plus, it is kind of realistic to have the legion's master and be able to field all the units available in the arsenal. Some people might think "cheese!" or "OP!", but if that was to happen it means everybody can do it and more people would probably be gettign those superheavy kits as well. 

Raktra

Raktra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,812 posts
  • Faction: Berserkers of Uran

Ferrus or Alpharius' Sire rules mixed in with some of the superheavies. There's a pair of reasons why.

"I may be but small, but I will die a colossus."

Brotherhood of the Lost: The Berserkers of Uran:
http://www.bolterand...ceral-boogaloo/

gallery_92945_11930_20871.png

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,684 posts

Ferrus or Alpharius' Sire rules mixed in with some of the superheavies. There's a pair of reasons why.

That really wouldn't be as crazy as you think.

-~Ishagu~-

rendingon1+

rendingon1+

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,124 posts

What kind of Alpahrius' rules?

When a Great Beast marauds, the warriors of the keep do not seek terms with it, they do not ride out and ask for it to accommodate their feelings. They set forth with shocklance and power sword, and all the courage and determination they can muster. They find the beast and they lay their blades upon it until it is dead, or they are.

Raktra

Raktra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,812 posts

Preferred Enemy on a something big.

rendingon1+

rendingon1+

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,124 posts

Furtunately only 'legiones astartes' units benefit from PE :)

When a Great Beast marauds, the warriors of the keep do not seek terms with it, they do not ride out and ask for it to accommodate their feelings. They set forth with shocklance and power sword, and all the courage and determination they can muster. They find the beast and they lay their blades upon it until it is dead, or they are.

ak1508

ak1508

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 221 posts

And I just checked for Glaive and it doesn't have anything there that says "legiones astartes", unless I've gone blind ;) 

Raktra

Raktra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,812 posts

Yeah I misread that bit. Oopsies. Still, other crazy crap elsewhere. Probably just to make the choice harder as well, otherwise I'd just have a flotilla of Glaives all the time. A flotilla!

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,684 posts
Point is, it wouldn't be game breaking to field both a Primarch and a Super heavy.

You'll still be playing at 2.5k or more so there will be plenty of counters.

I've also said this before, but for slightly more than the cost of a fully equipped Typhon you can ally Solar Auxilia in, bring a deadly super heavy like the Malcador Infernus with Preferred enemy or Tank Hunters (honestly this thing has more damage potential than a Typhon) AND a 20 strong blob of decent infantry.

-~Ishagu~-

ak1508

ak1508

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 221 posts

Point is, it wouldn't be game breaking to field both a Primarch and a Super heavy.

You'll still be playing at 2.5k or more so there will be plenty of counters.

My point exactly! And if there was a special chart or RoW to play more superheavies, than you could potentially be able to play a 30K apocalypse, but just more organised.

As example:

Armoured Turtle (roman inspired) OR Deadly Phalanx:

HQ: min-1, max-3

T: min-2; max-4

E: min-0; max-3

FA: min-0; max-3

HS: min-1 (must be a vehicle); max-4

LoW: min-1; max-3

* Contemptor Dreadnought Talons can be taken as troops, but cannot be compulsory; no allied detachments allowed; opponent gains 2 extra victory points for destroying the LoW units; Veteran Squads and Tactical Squads numbering 20 models can take Spartan Assault Tanks as DTs, but will also provide 1 additional victory point to the opponent should the unit be destroyed; a Primarch (if one is included in the army) and the unit he joins may take a Mastodon as DT, however the Mastodon purchased in that way will provide 2 additional victory points to the opponent should it be destroyed.

I'm sure it may look rather sloppy, since im not nearly as experienced gamer as many other people here on the forum. This is to give the idea of how such game would play out if this actually existed. And also FW would be selling a lot more of those Fellblades, Glaives, Falchions and Typhons (etc), which cant be a bad thing!

• Ishagu likes this

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,493 posts
  • Faction: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

You mean like the Leviathan Force Org :P

• Raktra likes this

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

ak1508

ak1508

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 221 posts

You mean like the Leviathan Force Org tongue.png

But doesn't that require you to have a Titan or a Knight to be a compulsory LoW choice?

Raktra

Raktra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,812 posts

Nope.

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,684 posts
Unless the Primarch is moved to the HQ slot the 25% Low limit still restricts Leviathan to very large games.

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate forgeworld keeping the game from spiralling into craziness like 40k has... But Emperor knows we all want to plop our Typhons and Primarchs down for a game that won't last 6+ hours!

-~Ishagu~-

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,619 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion

Repeat after me. 30k has heavy restrictions; people not liking FOC limits is what turned 40k into a clown fiesta

• disease, Demus Ragnok, shandwen and 1 other like this

Caillum

Caillum

++ MERCATOR ANGUIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,619 posts
  • Faction: XXth Legion, Shattered Legions
Take a look at the Onslaught FOC - 2 Lords of War are available. :)

The Battle of Paramar Nexus - Caillum's HH Plog

=][=

This is a sample of my Moderator voice.

I don't want to have to use it, so if you play nice and post constructively, I won't have to.

=][=

shandwen

shandwen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,845 posts
  • Faction: It changes with the season
I like games with regular joes on the table. Ill drop the hobby if it turns every instance of tacticals into a massive tax (not that they aren't a tax already...), so multiple low's are on a list of nope for me.

Now in Technicolor!

ak1508

ak1508

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 221 posts

Take a look at the Onslaught FOC - 2 Lords of War are available. smile.png

It's actually pretty decent and i think despite a few penalties, playing Alpha Legion with it may somehow make up for it (i remeber that i looked there and there was something interesting i noticed, but can't really remeber what it was exactly!). I already made lists for 4500 and 6K pts using Onslaught :) 

I suppose it makes sense that FW is trying to hold back from doing what GW did in 40K thus causing it to descend further into chaos... It's probably one of the few reasons why I was nearly done with 40K for good until I accidentally clicked on the Horus Heresy category on FW website and so the Heresy began for me :D 

Shaolin_Monkey

Shaolin_Monkey

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 544 posts

Otherwise I'd just have a flotilla of Glaives all the time. A flotilla!

Go for it. Leviathan FoC allows you to take three Glaives with no upgrades in a 2500 pts game as long as your allied detachment is also 625 pts.

Now let's see pics of that flotilla!
  • ak1508 likes this

Caillum

Caillum

++ MERCATOR ANGUIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,619 posts
  • Faction: XXth Legion, Shattered Legions
^That sounds ridiculous... But I would totally love to play that game (either with or against the 3 Glaives)!!!
  • ak1508 likes this

The Battle of Paramar Nexus - Caillum's HH Plog

=][=

This is a sample of my Moderator voice.

I don't want to have to use it, so if you play nice and post constructively, I won't have to.

=][=

Hesh Kadesh

Hesh Kadesh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,859 posts
Edit wrong thread

Edited by Hesh Kadesh, 10 March 2016 - 11:59 AM.

Resources;

Heresy Era Lords of War; use this to find out the complete collection of available Lords of War for Battles in the Age of Darkness.

Reply to this topic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users